Vacation. Starring you as Clark Griswold.

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Vacation. Starring you as Clark Griswold.

Postby ctz31 » 09 May 2017, 09:07

TheWolf wrote:We did not discuss the Penn State hazing murder. I don't think I even knew about it until you just mentioned it. I'll have to look into this some more and then get his thoughts on the matter.

I guess it was actually a contest, not a wager. Initially the 4 of us all picked a horse in the Derby and were trying to come up with a prize for whoever's horse finished highest. He suggested the winner picks the first drink for everyone else. But the girls backed out on that because woman. Then when we were at the park with the kids, his oldest wanted to throw rocks into the lake. To pass the time, he and I started throwing rocks at a bat house near the water. We decided to apply the drink stakes to this game, with the first one to 11 being the winner - 1 point for hitting the house, 2 for hitting the metal post that it was on. I blew an 8-4 lead and lost 11-9. It was embarrassing.

TY. I enjoyed the wager story. That sounds like an enjoyable contest. Shame on you for losing.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby BigJohnStudd » 16 May 2017, 00:45

TheWolf wrote:We did not discuss the Penn State hazing murder. I don't think I even knew about it until you just mentioned it. I'll have to look into this some more and then get his thoughts on the matter.

I guess it was actually a contest, not a wager. Initially the 4 of us all picked a horse in the Derby and were trying to come up with a prize for whoever's horse finished highest. He suggested the winner picks the first drink for everyone else. But the girls backed out on that because woman. Then when we were at the park with the kids, his oldest wanted to throw rocks into the lake. To pass the time, he and I started throwing rocks at a bat house near the water. We decided to apply the drink stakes to this game, with the first one to 11 being the winner - 1 point for hitting the house, 2 for hitting the metal post that it was on. I blew an 8-4 lead and lost 11-9. It was embarrassing.

They call that rock-throwing game "Poor Man's Bocce".
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby chrisco » 22 May 2017, 08:07

I'm heading to wine country (Sonoma) in a couple weeks for work. Its the first week of my MIL's visit this summer, so I'm planning on dragging my trip out with a road trip from there to Portland. Looks like 700 miles with plenty todo, and I've never been that north in Cali or to Oregon.

At first glance I was going to follow the 101 because I'm a coastal sort of dude, but I know there are Redwoods and Shasta and Crater Lake and all sorts of shit inland as well.

Any recs? Was thinking of a 3 day drive leaving Thursday morning, getting into Portland Saturday night and flying out Sunday morning. If its amazeballs, I can spend more time up there. Was going to visit some peeps in Oakland the weekend before, but I haven't made plans yet and could always shorten that side and expand the road trip.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 22 May 2017, 08:47

Oregon coast is pretty sweet. Hard rec on Cannon Beach. I think you'd like Portland. Maybe budget a full day there.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby mj3528 » 22 May 2017, 08:58

I don't have a lot of recommendations for Portland, but I will give a few for the rest of your trip.

This Italian restaurant in Sonoma is great: http://dellasantinas.com/ It is right on the main square of Sonoma.

This is a cool winery to go to which is in Carneros between Sonoma and Napa: http://www.artesawinery.com/visitor-center/

this is a cool place to drink beers in Oakland. The selection is better than the ambience, but if it is nice it has a patio. You can get Pliny the Elder there.

http://beer-revolution.com/index.html
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby bosux » 22 May 2017, 11:36

my aunt and uncle owned some vineyards in healdsburg...it is a chill little town...stay on the coast vs inland...it is slower, but much nicer...

in sonoma, make your way over to point reyes, check out the view from the bluff above the lighthouse, eat some oysters at the shack on the way back, then hike out to the ocean through abbotts lagoon

further north, arcata is the old school epicenter of weed growing...enjoy some of CA's finest and chill in the redwoods
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby chrisco » 22 May 2017, 13:12

Thanks guys. I just seen that the Dandy Warhols are playing 2 shows in Portland on Sunday the 11th. Maybe I'll catch the afternoon show and hit the red eye back east.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 May 2017, 11:34

Bandon Dunes for golf. This is a good way for the non-golfer to fall in love with the game. Plus the caddies know where to get good weed.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby babylurch » 23 May 2017, 12:22

Frank the Tank wrote:Bandon Dunes for golf. This is a good way for the non-golfer to fall in love with the game. Plus the caddies know where to get good weed.

Every caddy every where knows that.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby TheWolf » 23 May 2017, 12:25

babylurch wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Bandon Dunes for golf. This is a good way for the non-golfer to fall in love with the game. Plus the caddies know where to get good weed.

Every caddy every where knows that.

I got it from a negro.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 23 May 2017, 13:04

bosux wrote:my aunt and uncle owned some vineyards in healdsburg...it is a chill little town...stay on the coast vs inland...it is slower, but much nicer...

in sonoma, make your way over to point reyes, check out the view from the bluff above the lighthouse, eat some oysters at the shack on the way back, then hike out to the ocean through abbotts lagoon

further north, arcata is the old school epicenter of weed growing...enjoy some of CA's finest and chill in the redwoods

The wipe and I are going to Sonoma in September for our anniversary...I just saved this in my notes folder.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Mark Prior's Calves » 07 Jun 2017, 19:32

Any sonz recommendations for affordable all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean/Mexico?
Mark Prior's Calves
Hope College Alum

Postby ctz31 » 08 Jun 2017, 10:13

Mark Prior's Calves wrote:Any sonz recommendations for affordable all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean/Mexico?

I have heard good things about turks and something. cakes?
ctz31
#nnf

Postby mj3528 » 08 Jun 2017, 10:28

ctz31 wrote:
Mark Prior's Calves wrote:Any sonz recommendations for affordable all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean/Mexico?

I have heard good things about turks and something. cakes?

with the caveat that it was years ago, my ex-wife and I stayed at Moon Palace in Cancun. It was cheaper than Sandals and it was pretty good. Variety of restaurants, decent rooms good grounds.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Jun 2017, 11:41

Valentin Imperial in the Riviera Maya.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.