Vacation. Starring you as Clark Griswold.

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Vacation. Starring you as Clark Griswold.

Postby TheWolf » 08 May 2017, 15:29

I also hate this concept. Like I said, I tried to make the most of it, trying something different, but it's fucking dumb. The meal would have been far more enjoyable if I wasn't forced to either awkwardly talk to or awkwardly ignore strangers (I chose the latter). When we sat down, we were sharing with 2 young Asian girls (they were OK looking, I guess) who weren't speaking English, and a hipster doofus couple who I wanted to kick in their twats. The dude looked like such a faggot with his mustache and his skinny jeans and shit, and the girl was ugly. Just before we left, the Asians were replaced by a smokeshow blonde and some fratboy douche. The waiter explained the small plate sharing concept to them, and she looked at us and said, "Do we have to share with these people?" I did not appreciate the implication of her "these people," but it was sorta funny anyway.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Goose » 08 May 2017, 15:31

Nice post Wolf. I'm glad your Friday morning went more like this:

and less like this:

ETA: I would have gone somewhere else to eat. That is terrible.
Last edited by Goose on 08 May 2017, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 May 2017, 15:36

You like Chicago better than New York? Do you even New York bro?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby the cheese » 08 May 2017, 15:36

I believe I told you to sit at the bar.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JichaelDick » 08 May 2017, 15:36

Just wait until we get him down to Huntsville, Bald.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » 08 May 2017, 15:39

the cheese wrote:I believe I told you to sit at the bar.

If you did, I either missed or ignored that piece of advice. #s, please let me know.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby mj3528 » 08 May 2017, 15:40

TheWolf wrote:

If you did, I either missed or ignored that piece of advice. #s, please let me know.

I don't recall if he did or not. However, I believe I told you to go to Tango Sur. Would have been better all around for you.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby the cheese » 08 May 2017, 15:42

I really need to remember that aside from...well...none of you that I'm talking to boring, antisocial, socially-awkward AF introverts when I recommend restaurants and activities to you people. Also, you can read right, Wolf? I sent you a link to the menu. Your wife is not an adventurous eater? Why would you take her to a place that sold pigs ear, pig jowl, pork neck bone gravy, roasted bone marrow, and beef tendon chips? That's on you homey.

Also, I said it was a cool place? Do I have to spell out what that means?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 08 May 2017, 15:44

the cheese wrote:I really need to remember that aside from...well...none of you that I'm talking to boring, antisocial, socially-awkward AF introverts when I recommend restaurants and activities to you people. Also, you can read right, Wolf? I sent you a link to the menu. Your wife is not an adventurous eater? Why would you take her to a place that sold pigs ear, pig jowl, pork neck bone gravy, roasted bone marrow, and beef tendon chips? That's on you homey.

I haven't sat at too many communal tables at restaurants, but I don't think it is that bad. So many restaurants the tables are so close it might as well be communal. Say a few words to the other people at the table, and focus on your companion.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 08 May 2017, 15:44

mj3528 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

I don't recall if he did or not. However, I believe I told you to go to Tango Sur. Would have been better all around for you.

Tango Sur definitely looked like more of our type of place. You may recall (LOL, "may") that the aforementioned stupid theater tickets made a trip to Wrigleyville and back before 7:30 not feasible. I will certainly keep your advice in mind if/when I make it back to Chicago.

And cheese, we looked at the menu beforehand and she said something like "There's enough on there that I'll try." She's the best.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby bosux » 08 May 2017, 16:23

i can't believe you listened to thecheese...how long have you been here?
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby the cheese » 08 May 2017, 16:25

bosux wrote:i can't believe you listened to thecheese...how long have you been here?

A. He said that the food was excellent, alright. Get off my back, at least he enjoyed the food.

2. Inoright, none of you should take my recommendations without detailed follow-up questions answered to your liking

D. Seriously I don't know why I keep recommending things to you people. Even though I typically give good advice when people actually take it. Example 1, Prez's watch.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby bosux » 08 May 2017, 16:30

fire hall benefits, work cafeteria, ski lodge cafeteria and stadium picnic tables are also acceptable shared table environments

NOT an expensive dinner...dummy
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby TheWolf » 08 May 2017, 17:18

I'm really just busting balls because the place was just so quintessentially cheese. I looked at the menu and thought it sounded good, she saw a couple things she'd be willing to try, so we decided if it wasn't a long wait wed try it. I did not due further research to see if it was the kind of place where you could get your own table, because I didn't thik that was the type of thing you had to research. If I'd known that going in, we never would have gone. But once we got there we decided to suck it up and stay. The food was great. If you don't hate the communal dining concept, I would rec trying it.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 08 May 2017, 17:26

When in Rome
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.