Take Me Off the Board

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Take Me Off the Board

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Jan 2018, 10:04

SouthernYokel wrote:
It's still funny, fuck you both, I'm the greatest

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 19 Jan 2018, 10:06

Gregs Kite wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
It's still funny, fuck you both, I'm the greatest

Shes right and she's sexy, I know, that is redundant
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 02 Feb 2018, 10:44

4 months into my sabbatical:

Posted a small win in October, but have now had three consecutive losing months in poker. Started out down $2200 first half of January. Then decided to work on my game. Went up $1800, but then disaster struck the last week. Lost a $2800 pot to a four-outer on the river, and then Wednesday, lost a $2200 pot when we got All-In preflop. I had pocket Aces vs pocket 10's. Ten hit on the river. Finshed the month down $1200.

Reached the part of my sabbatical, where all expenses going forward will need to come from poker winnings, my bankroll, or my emergency fund. If I just break even, I can last two years without having to touch my long-term money. So not in panic mode yet.

When I left my job, I was going to start a spreadsheet of all the little things in life I needed to get done during my free time. Shit I been putting off. Did not start the spreadsheet. Haven't really accomplished much.

One of the big things was I was gonna work on losing weight and getting into decent shape. Um, I think I might have actually put on some more weight.

I did manage to waste 200+ hours on replaying Fallout 4 and all of the DLC. So I got that going for me. I have a business card for another tech head hunter I know from playing poker. I will probably shoot him my resume this weekend. And I'm going to talk to my friend who used to be my boss. When he was hiring manager, he used to use headhunters all to time to fill openings, so I will see if he will send me another one's contact info.

From what the first guy said, I should have no problem getting hired, and for at least $20K over what I had been making. Hopefully I can find something enjoyable and enjoy the next few months off work and actually be productive.

I'm going to target the day after the Superb Owl as the day I start making changes, putting myself on a schedule, and actually getting shit done.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Rodney Farva » 14 Feb 2018, 10:46

i made the big mistake at some point in late december/early january of suggesting to rodney jr's JV hoops coach that the team come to watch a basketball game at Farva U, that because of NCAA compliance regulations we can't recognize them on the videoboard or anything but I could get them discounted group tickets.

so he suggested the varsity come, too. sure thing, no problem. players, coaches, managers, parents, just tell me what game and how many people and i can get the price for you.

jv coach talks to the varsity coach and they decide on our game that's coming up this saturday. it's always our biggest crowd but we won't sell out, i check with my boss and she signs off on a discount but at that point we didn't have a lot of inventory for groups, so i tell the coaches i need a headcount to make it happen. varsity coach says he'll check with parents and get back to me, i hear nothing back from jv coach who never reaches out to our parents, and since then radio silence from both. it was a month ago, so by now i figured wasn't going to happen. no biggie, at least i hadn't committed to anything at work and groups fail to follow through all the time.

last night at the varsity game parents start asking me for the details for saturday. huh? one of them owns a crappy deli near campus and wants everyone to come there for lunch ahead of time, but he needs a headcount. like i have any idea, no one told me anything. he's being pretty dickish about it, strongly implying i dropped the ball on it, when he isn't turning to the other side to berate the athletic director, who's sitting a row away, because none of the students come to games even though all their parents make a million bucks a year, or being coach dad and yelling instructions to the players on the floor.

there's a mom (surfbordt, aging okay but nothing to get excited about) of one of the varsity kids there, so at least she's being nice about it and offering to help. i ask her to get me the varsity parent emails and i'll take care of it all, since i'm sure the coaches won't and in fairness to the varsity coach he had asked but a lot of parents never got back to him. so now i'm caught in middle of this kefuffle. my boss was cool and will still give the discounted price, we can seat everyone together and they can buy their tickets at the door.

so i email all the parents, and the asshole with the crappy deli sends me back a curt (hi flush) note that he's paying for everything including the tickets (which he hadn't told me, guess i was supposed to read his mind) and we have to get a headcount - like i fucking know who's coming, that's why i sent the email. i'm sure few people will answer, not many will say they're coming because it's a holiday weekend, of the people who say they will half won't bother to show, and diner dad is going to be three feet up my ass for fucking up his chance to be a bsd and pay for everyone and give them his shitty food.

last time i ever volunteer anything like this, shouldn't have been dumb enough to do it in the first place.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby ctz31 » 14 Feb 2018, 13:51

because none of the students come to games even though all their parents make a million bucks a year

#hb
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Rodney Farva » 14 Feb 2018, 15:27

ctz31 wrote:
because none of the students come to games even though all their parents make a million bucks a year

#hb

it's not true. i certainly don't.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Goose » 14 Feb 2018, 15:38

Rodney Farva wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

#hb

it's not true. i certainly don't.

Trying to be helpful with large groups of people is always the wrong move.

My wife is team manager for one of the kid's soccer teams, so I get this type of story on a semi-weekly basis. People don't pay fees, don't update game availability, send emails to questions already answered, never respond to multiple emails on time sensitive issues.

Farva, I'll tell you the same thing I tell my wife. People are terrible, I'm sorry, now please go finish making dinner.

ETA:
Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Basketball Jesus

Postby Rodney Farva » 15 Feb 2018, 12:58

Now asshole dad who wants to pay for everyone is asking me to front the money for the tickets and he'll cut me a check from his restaurant to cover it. Jesus tittyfucking christ. #NeverAgain
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Feb 2018, 13:03

Rodney Farva wrote:Now asshole dad who wants to pay for everyone is asking me to front the money for the tickets and he'll cut me a check from his restaurant to cover it. Jesus tittyfucking christ. #NeverAgain

I bet you nearly shit yourself when you saw the total.

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 15 Feb 2018, 13:24

Gregs Kite wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:Now asshole dad who wants to pay for everyone is asking me to front the money for the tickets and he'll cut me a check from his restaurant to cover it. Jesus tittyfucking christ. #NeverAgain

That was good.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby bosux » 16 Feb 2018, 10:05

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

That was good.

plus uno

by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Rodney Farva » 22 Feb 2018, 23:07

i parked today on the street at a spot across from my office that was marked as no parking after 4pm. i wanted to leave by 4 anyway so nbd. took me a little longer than i expected to finish my work so i walked out at 4:06. figured i'd be fine since they don't ticket our area all that often.

there was a ticket.

the ticket was written at.........

............. wait for it..............

4:01.

dang. that's cold. cost $100, ouch.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Gregs Kite » Yesterday, 07:47

Rodney Farva wrote:i parked today on the street at a spot across from my office that was marked as no parking after 4pm. i wanted to leave by 4 anyway so nbd. took me a little longer than i expected to finish my work so i walked out at 4:06. figured i'd be fine since they don't ticket our area all that often.

there was a ticket.

I bet you nearly shit yourself when you saw the that total.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » Yesterday, 10:37

Gregs Kite wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:i parked today on the street at a spot across from my office that was marked as no parking after 4pm. i wanted to leave by 4 anyway so nbd. took me a little longer than i expected to finish my work so i walked out at 4:06. figured i'd be fine since they don't ticket our area all that often.

there was a ticket.

These may never be not funny.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » Yesterday, 10:52

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

there was a ticket.

These may never be not funny.

I enjoy them as well. Obviously.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.