Take Me Off the Board

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Take Me Off the Board

Postby TheWolf » 19 Jan 2018, 09:06

Gregs Kite wrote:KJ1 goes to kindergarten and I pay his tuition. The deal was they take weekly deductions from my checks.

Mah WHIFE took him in on Wednesday when I was home with KJ2 for a snow day. She texts me: "You should check your bank account, they just told me KJ1's tuition hasn't been paid this year."

The fuck? He's been going to school since August. I've seen these people nearly every weekday since August. So, little backstory. I hate checking my account. Since I'm poor anyway, I never look at it. I keep a running tally and know I have X amount coming in each pay period, I know I can spend X amount and be okay. My thinking was keep my head in the sand until we get out of this daycare/kindergarten money suck and then I might actually be able to save a couple sheckles. So yeah, I'm a moron. I look and they haven't taken tuition the ENTIRE school year, since he started in August. COOL. By my count that's about 21 weeks I owe.

I call up kindergarten and ask what the fuck happened. I was convinced I signed a deduction form in the enrollment packet, apparently that wasn't the case. There's another department that was supposed to send me the form, and the woman in charge is on maternity leave. The replacement never noticed until now.

So now I have to decide how hard I'm going to get fucked. They won't extend the deductions past the end of kindergarten in June, so I can swallow hard and take a big hit now, or space out the pegging.

Either way, I'm poorer today than I thought lol.

That is a complete kick in the dick. I hardly ever check my account, and basically go on the same system you described. But I do check it just often enough that I think I'd have picked up on this before Christmas. Anyway, Ts.

Also, I'm not sure I understand why you're paying for Kindergarten. You mentioned you might be able to save a couple sheckles after daycare/kindergarten, which I assume means you'll start sending him to public school next year, paid for by DTF's tax dollars. Do the schools up there not have kindergarten or something?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Jan 2018, 09:14

TheWolf wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:KJ1 goes to kindergarten and I pay his tuition. The deal was they take weekly deductions from my checks.

Mah WHIFE took him in on Wednesday when I was home with KJ2 for a snow day. She texts me: "You should check your bank account, they just told me KJ1's tuition hasn't been paid this year."

The fuck? He's been going to school since August. I've seen these people nearly every weekday since August. So, little backstory. I hate checking my account. Since I'm poor anyway, I never look at it. I keep a running tally and know I have X amount coming in each pay period, I know I can spend X amount and be okay. My thinking was keep my head in the sand until we get out of this daycare/kindergarten money suck and then I might actually be able to save a couple sheckles. So yeah, I'm a moron. I look and they haven't taken tuition the ENTIRE school year, since he started in August. COOL. By my count that's about 21 weeks I owe.

I call up kindergarten and ask what the fuck happened. I was convinced I signed a deduction form in the enrollment packet, apparently that wasn't the case. There's another department that was supposed to send me the form, and the woman in charge is on maternity leave. The replacement never noticed until now.

So now I have to decide how hard I'm going to get fucked. They won't extend the deductions past the end of kindergarten in June, so I can swallow hard and take a big hit now, or space out the pegging.

That is a complete kick in the dick. I hardly ever check my account, and basically go on the same system you described. But I do check it just often enough that I think I'd have picked up on this before Christmas. Anyway, Ts.

Also, I'm not sure I understand why you're paying for Kindergarten. You mentioned you might be able to save a couple sheckles after daycare/kindergarten, which I assume means you'll start sending him to public school next year, paid for by DTF's tax dollars. Do the schools up there not have kindergarten or something?

Once I determined what per week tuition was, I had earmarked X amount of cash, X amount of credit card, and X amount of various store-specific cards for Christmas. I was content being ignorant. Whoops.

Our town doesn't have full day kindergarten (re: free) yet. So we either put him in a half day program and try and figure out the logistics for after care, which we'd pay for anyway and would cost almost as much, or find a full day program. We found one near my work, so we bit the bullet.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 19 Jan 2018, 09:15

Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Once I determined what per week tuition was, I had earmarked X amount of cash, X amount of credit card, and X amount of various store-specific cards for Christmas. I was content being ignorant. Whoops.

Our town doesn't have full day kindergarten (re: free) yet. So we either put him in a half day program and try and figure out the logistics for after care, which we'd pay for anyway and would cost almost as much, or find a full day program. We found one near my work, so we bit the bullet.

Makes sense. Saving a little bit of money by doing half-day and still having to get him somewhere else for the afternoon really doesn't seem worth the hassle. This shit is such a racket.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Magnum » 19 Jan 2018, 09:21

I don't understand the concept of not checking your bank account. :beatsme:

However, since they haven't taken money out, and you assumed they did, shouldn't you have a bunch of money in your account right now that can pay it?
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby ctz31 » 19 Jan 2018, 09:25

Magnum wrote:I don't understand the concept of not checking your bank account. :beatsme:

However, since they haven't taken money out, and you assumed they did, shouldn't you have a bunch of money in your account right now that can pay it?

I always forget my password and then when i try and login it locks us out and white has to call the bank. it's a whole production. so i just stopped logging in.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Jan 2018, 09:26

Magnum wrote:I don't understand the concept of not checking your bank account. :beatsme:

Funny, you and my wife have the same view. She checks hers constantly and, you'll never believe it, is constantly bitching about having no money. I've been this way for a while. I know we're getting fucked on daycare. I know we're not going to have actual money for a couple years. I have no interest checking my account and getting depressed, so I just keep a mental tally and keep forging ahead. #teamseparateaccounts

Regarding what's in my account. Maybe. Maybe not. However, there's something that stings a little bit more when you see it go all at once rather than the weekly bleeding.

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 19 Jan 2018, 09:27

Gregs Kite wrote:

Funny, you and my wife have the same view. She checks hers constantly and, you'll never believe it, is constantly bitching about having no money. I've been this way for a while. I know we're getting fucked on daycare. I know we're not going to have actual money for a couple years. I have no interest checking my account and getting depressed, so I just keep a mental tally and keep forging ahead. #teamseparateaccounts

Regarding what's in my account. Maybe. Maybe not. However, there's something that stings a little bit more when you see it go all at once rather than the weekly bleeding.

Mine is also always on the account. "why are you always at the liquor store?" Uh, because you married a drunk, ya dummy. Jokes on you.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » 19 Jan 2018, 09:30

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Mine is also always on the account. "why are you always at the liquor store?" Uh, because you married a drunk, ya dummy. Jokes on you.

This made me laugh.

Mine checks the account 30 times a day, too. I basically only spend money on groceries and booze; she's in charge of virtually all other expenses. Once or twice a year I do a deep dive to figure out where most of our money is being spent. It's pretty much all groceries, so I guess she's right when she complains we're poor and implies it's my fault.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Magnum » 19 Jan 2018, 09:32

I just have all my accounts (credit card, banks, mortgage, etc.) linked to Mint. It's easier that way.
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby TheWolf » 19 Jan 2018, 09:37

Mint. Whatever that is.

- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby bosux » 19 Jan 2018, 09:39

Magnum wrote:I just have all my accounts (credit card, banks, mortgage, etc.) linked to Mint. It's easier that way.

easier for the thieves to get ALL your info in one fell swoop too!

kite do you think the good folks at the hill farmstead will be able to survive this decrease in demand for their product?
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby ctz31 » 19 Jan 2018, 09:41

bosux wrote:
Magnum wrote:I just have all my accounts (credit card, banks, mortgage, etc.) linked to Mint. It's easier that way.

easier for the thieves to get ALL your info in one fell swoop too!

kite do you think the good folks at the hill farmstead will be able to survive this decrease in demand for their product?

Does the hill farmstead have an add on the left center field wall of the new hampshire devil dogs single A field? /yokelproly
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Jan 2018, 09:42

bosux wrote:kite do you think the good folks at the hill farmstead will be able to survive this decrease in demand for their product?

I have PLENTY of credit left on my Beer Only, Incredibly High Interest Card, thank you very much.

31: don't have to hit enter every time, bro. Pace yourself.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 19 Jan 2018, 09:43

Gregs Kite wrote:
bosux wrote:kite do you think the good folks at the hill farmstead will be able to survive this decrease in demand for their product?

I have PLENTY of credit left on my Beer Only, Incredibly High Interest Card, thank you very much.

I enjoyed that post i made. Except i said "add" instead of "ad". Sorry you don't enjoy yokel and i's humour. Maybe we will just leave.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby SouthernYokel » 19 Jan 2018, 10:00

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

I enjoyed that post i made. Except i said "add" instead of "ad". Sorry you don't enjoy yokel and i's humour. Maybe we will just leave.

It's still funny, fuck you both, I'm the greatest
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.