Take Me Off the Board

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Take Me Off the Board

Postby mj3528 » 11 Oct 2017, 15:55

ctz31 wrote:Rod farva returning to civilization after a extended stint in gen pop is one of my favorite running subplots currently. Keep em coming.

I enjoy them as well. I sort of picture Farva new to America acting like Boris Yeltsin when he was amazed at an American grocery store

2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby bosux » 11 Oct 2017, 17:36

Dunking Donut wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
bosux wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Dunking Donut wrote:Update on the bike situation.

I offered to pay for labor (about 25% of the bill). They refused and demanded I come in person with my insurance adjuster and file a claim "be a man of integrity"

I refused and said that was my offer and that based on our conversation that was a previously mutually agreeable solution. And that they could accept by the end of the week or I would consider the matter resolved and that they had no credible case and would appreciate any assistance I would make. They responded that if I didn't come pay in full today they would take me to court and that they didn't know what I was talking about and that conversation never took place. :beatsme:

I told them I'll see you there.

So, I guess that it? Anything else I need to know? I am documenting everything at this point and assume I will get a summons in a few months for small claims court.

i bet you never hear from them again

good odds on this one, but ....

let's play this out...say they sue you...at the end of the day you are going to have to tell a judge you dumped the bike like a big pussy and are refusing to pay for your error

#nagl

definitely will have to bring in some character witnesses who saw you run into that fire.

Yeah, it was in your possession and you damaged it you are responsible for the damages. I think if they took you to court they win, regardless if their insurance doesn't cover the issue since you did not sign anything before taking it for a ride.

I think MTM is incorrect above.

You're the lawyer, I cede to your knowledge here.

Fair enough. I did speak to an attorney and they disagree. So I guess it will be up to a judge to decide.

I thought they would be happy to settle since attorney, time and money are probably going to cost more than the repair.

i would be wary that maybe that attorney is telling you what you want to hear...and if they sue you in small claims ($5-10K in NC) it doesn't cost them much at all, especially if they have an attorney who has agreed to the case on a contingency basis
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby chrisco » 03 Nov 2017, 09:09

So as followers of the What Are You Doing This Weekend thread know, I am entering a chili bowl tomorrow. My partner and I have gone a bit overboard. After doing our cook the other day, we decided that it was too smoky and chocolatey so we'd cook a 3rd batch this morning that was lighter and blend everything together.

Anyway long story short, I was chopping up some orange pepper with black seeds that had a lot of heat. After doing that I rinse my hands and then wipe my eye. Holy fuck, I ended up smearing pepper juice across my eye and it burnt like the fires of hell. Took about 20 minutes of ice on the area before the burning stopped and I could open the eye. The entire eye socket area is now bright red and swollen.

The good news is that I still have use of both eyes and won't have to cancel golf today.

Easily the dumbest thing I've done this week and that includes spending 15-20 hours on this board.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby TheWolf » 14 Dec 2017, 10:03

As I pulled in to drop Pup 1 at school this morning, my car gave me a warning that I had low pressure in one tire. Since it was snowing, I decided to be safe and responsible, so I pulled into the nearest gas station to take care of it. As luck would have it, this station even had free air. So I pull up, hit the button to turn the pump on, pop it on the tire and wait for the car horn to beep signifying I have reached the desired PSI. It seems like it's taking longer than expected, so I stop for a minute, check the pressure, and get a reading of 7 PSI. At this point I look at the tire and get visual confirmation that the PSI reading is accurate; the space between the rim and the ground is definitely less than half of what it should be.

The air compressor had been making noise, but at this point I realize it's definitely not as loud as it would normally be. In hindsight, I now realize that I didn't actually hear air going into the tire, and apparently I was too tired/hungover to notice that at the time. Rather, I had just let almost all of the goddamn air out since the thing wasn't pumping. So I head inside and ask the lady if she has to turn the air on or something. She tells me in broken English that it's broken, they have put in a maintenance call but the guy hasn't come yet, and the one at the station across the street is also broken. Awesome.

The tire is now way too low to consider driving, especially in the snow. I probably would have risked going across the street if they had air, but it wasn't worth trying to find another station. So I had to put the fucking spare on and drive my dumb ass home on that. Of course I've never changed a tire on this car, so I first had to dig the manual out and learn where the hell the jack was and how to lower the spare down from underneath the trunk. The whole process ended up taking probably an hour. And now I have the pleasure of still needing to go back outside in the cold at some point today, to fill the real tire up and put it back on. I have fun.

ETA: To add insult to injury, I hit the drive thru after this ordeal to grab some brekkie wekkie, and the idiot at McDonald's gave me ham instead of sausage on my McMuffin.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Dec 2017, 10:41

TheWolf wrote:ETA: To add insult to injury, I hit the drive thru after this ordeal to grab some brekkie wekkie, and the idiot at McDonald's gave me ham instead of sausage on my McMuffin.

I swear my breakfast orders get screwed up more often that they’re right. WHAT’S SO GODDAMN HARD ABOUT BREAKFAST???

It took me 58 minutes in this morning’s snow to get to Bruegger’s from Tank Manor. Google Maps tells me that it should usually take 20 minutes at this time of day.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 14 Dec 2017, 10:46

Frank the Tank wrote:
TheWolf wrote:ETA: To add insult to injury, I hit the drive thru after this ordeal to grab some brekkie wekkie, and the idiot at McDonald's gave me ham instead of sausage on my McMuffin.

I swear my breakfast orders get screwed up more often that they’re right. WHAT’S SO GODDAMN HARD ABOUT BREAKFAST???

It took me 58 minutes in this morning’s snow to get to Bruegger’s from Tank Manor. Google Maps tells me that it should usually take 20 minutes at this time of day.

I was surprised there wasn't a school delay this morning. I guess the roads weren't THAT bad as I didn't really slip and slide at all and didn't see any accidents. But it was certainly enough to really slow everything down; it took me 38 minutes to get to Pup 1's school, which is usually 15-18 minutes depending on traffic.

I wish I'd gone to Bruegger's instead of McDonald's. Did they get your order right?
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Dec 2017, 10:48

Frank the Tank wrote:

i think they mess up breakfast orders because they just hand you whatever is ready in the chute. "it's a mcmuffin, who gives a shit"
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby jman » 14 Dec 2017, 10:54

TheWolf wrote:Of course I've never changed a tire on this car, so I first had to dig the manual out and learn where the hell the jack was and how to lower the spare down from underneath the trunk.

That's the worst Jerry. First blowout I ever had to change on my own was a small pickup on the shoulder of the interstate, getting wind-whipped by ever semi screaming past, trying to figure out where everything was and how to get the damn spare lowered down from under the truck bed. Damn thing was fused to the underside of the truck with corrosion because I don't think it ever had been used so had to beat the hell out of it with the jack handle to free it up. Good fun.
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby TheWolf » 14 Dec 2017, 10:56

jman wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Of course I've never changed a tire on this car, so I first had to dig the manual out and learn where the hell the jack was and how to lower the spare down from underneath the trunk.

That's the worst Jerry. First blowout I ever had to change on my own was a small pickup on the shoulder of the interstate, getting wind-whipped by ever semi screaming past, trying to figure out where everything was and how to get the damn spare lowered down from under the truck bed. Damn thing was fused to the underside of the truck with corrosion because I don't think it ever had been used so had to beat the hell out of it with the jack handle to free it up. Good fun.

Thankfully I was in a parking lot with plenty of room to operate. And once I figured out how to operate the winch to lower the tire down, I realized it wasn't that hard and was very well-engineered. But it was a hassle I really didn't want, and it was 100% my own damn fault for not realizing I was letting air out of the tire instead of putting air in.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Dec 2017, 11:00

TheWolf wrote:I wish I'd gone to Bruegger's instead of McDonald's. Did they get your order right?

Fun-free fact: Bruegger’s has messed up my drive-thru order so many times I now refuse to use it. I won’t stop there unless I have time to go in. The clueless dude behind the counter made two different bagels and wrapped them up without labeling them, and I knew he was going to try to give mine to the guy at the register because he had put them on the counter in reverse order. When he did exactly that, I corrected him, and he unwrapped both. He seemed annoyed at me, but was properly apologetic when my concern proved correct.

So, yes, they got it right, but only because I was watching them like a fucking hawk.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 14 Dec 2017, 11:02

Frank the Tank wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I wish I'd gone to Bruegger's instead of McDonald's. Did they get your order right?

Fun-free fact: Bruegger’s has messed up my drive-thru order so many times I now refuse to use it. I won’t stop there unless I have time to go in. The clueless dude behind the counter made two different bagels and wrapped them up without labeling them, and I knew he was going to try to give mine to the guy at the register because he had put them on the counter in reverse order. When he did exactly that, I corrected him, and he unwrapped both. He seemed annoyed at me, but was properly apologetic when my concern proved correct.

So, yes, they got it right, but only because I was watching them like a fucking hawk.

I've only been through their drive thru once or twice. They usually suck me in with whatever their "special" is, so I like to go inside, take my time to really inspect the description/picture of that, and then make up my mind on what to order.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby rickm3 » 27 Dec 2017, 21:57

Not sure where to post this, so here is as good a place as any. A few years ago I got a text from someone not in my contacts, so I didn't recognize the number. It was a about either a UConn game or a Purdue game. I think I know who it is from but I never asked because I didn't want to offend him because he made it seem like we knew each other...and I wasnt sure who he was. I think, but I still don't know for sure who he is. I think it was a guy I was reasonably friendly with and worked with many years ago. He is a UConn grad and I am a Purdue grad. He texted me again tonight. I am still not really sure who he is.
rickm3
Hope College Alum

Postby Rodney Farva » 27 Dec 2017, 22:07

rickm3 wrote:Not sure where to post this, so here is as good a place as any. A few years ago I got a text from someone not in my contacts, so I didn't recognize the number. It was a about either a UConn game or a Purdue game. I think I know who it is from but I never asked because I didn't want to offend him because he made it seem like we knew each other...and I wasnt sure who he was. I think, but I still don't know for sure who he is. I think it was a guy I was reasonably friendly with and worked with many years ago. He is a UConn grad and I am a Purdue grad. He texted me again tonight. I am still not really sure who he is.

"new phone who dis?"

problem solved.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby ctz31 » 28 Dec 2017, 12:50

Rodney Farva wrote:
rickm3 wrote:Not sure where to post this, so here is as good a place as any. A few years ago I got a text from someone not in my contacts, so I didn't recognize the number. It was a about either a UConn game or a Purdue game. I think I know who it is from but I never asked because I didn't want to offend him because he made it seem like we knew each other...and I wasnt sure who he was. I think, but I still don't know for sure who he is. I think it was a guy I was reasonably friendly with and worked with many years ago. He is a UConn grad and I am a Purdue grad. He texted me again tonight. I am still not really sure who he is.

"new phone who dis?"

problem solved.

This has happened to me many times because I'm bad at programming contacts in my phone. "Who is this? Lol." Is my standard response.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Jan 2018, 08:45

KJ1 goes to kindergarten and I pay his tuition. The deal was they take weekly deductions from my checks.

Mah WHIFE took him in on Wednesday when I was home with KJ2 for a snow day. She texts me: "You should check your bank account, they just told me KJ1's tuition hasn't been paid this year."

The fuck? He's been going to school since August. I've seen these people nearly every weekday since August. So, little backstory. I hate checking my account. Since I'm poor anyway, I never look at it. I keep a running tally and know I have X amount coming in each pay period, I know I can spend X amount and be okay. My thinking was keep my head in the sand until we get out of this daycare/kindergarten money suck and then I might actually be able to save a couple sheckles. So yeah, I'm a moron. I look and they haven't taken tuition the ENTIRE school year, since he started in August. COOL. By my count that's about 21 weeks I owe.

I call up kindergarten and ask what the fuck happened. I was convinced I signed a deduction form in the enrollment packet, apparently that wasn't the case. There's another department that was supposed to send me the form, and the woman in charge is on maternity leave. The replacement never noticed until now.

So now I have to decide how hard I'm going to get fucked. They won't extend the deductions past the end of kindergarten in June, so I can swallow hard and take a big hit now, or space out the pegging.

Either way, I'm poorer today than I thought lol.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.