Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Mar 2017, 13:25

TVF wannabe wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:don't wear a hat inside unless you're at a sporting event or in a casino. *wipes hands*


I don't hat often but if I am, it's staying on my head. Hat hair sucks, nice restaurants aren't included in this convo for now.


same but generally my hat wearing coincides with not bathing and so i don't have to worry about being anywhere that wearing a hat would be considered inappropriate as i am too stinky to go there anyway.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28701
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby the cheese » 13 Mar 2017, 13:25

TVF wannabe wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:don't wear a hat inside unless you're at a sporting event or in a casino. *wipes hands*


I don't hat often but if I am, it's staying on my head. Hat hair sucks, nice restaurants aren't included in this convo for now.


No hats inside except at a sporting event or a casino is my vote.

This is hypothetical for me, as I only own three hats large enough for my giant head, and I only wear them when playing golf, hunting, fishing, or watching my children in an outdoor sporting event.

Or when blindingly hungover and unwashed.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 17371
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 13 Mar 2017, 13:27

I don't own any hats. I'm not a child.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17703
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 Mar 2017, 13:27

Tank Jr wears a hat most places. He goes back and forth between his ASU lid and a Boston one. Chili's/TGI Friday's is my cutoff. He can wear the hat in there as well as places that are not as nice as that. It comes off at nicer places. He's never argued with that. Maybe the occasional eye-roll, but no arguments.

ETA:

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I don't own any hats. I'm not a child.


This guy wants a word:

Image
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31303
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby chrisco » 13 Mar 2017, 13:28

the cheese wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:don't wear a hat inside unless you're at a sporting event or in a casino. *wipes hands*


I don't hat often but if I am, it's staying on my head. Hat hair sucks, nice restaurants aren't included in this convo for now.


No hats inside except at a sporting event or a casino is my vote.

This is hypothetical for me, as I only own three hats large enough for my giant head, and I only wear them when playing golf, hunting, fishing, or watching my children in an outdoor sporting event.

Or when blindingly hungover and unwashed.

What gives a casino the exemption? I can't wear a hat while bowlong or at the strip club?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 11271
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby the cheese » 13 Mar 2017, 13:28

Frank the Tank wrote:Tank Jr wears a hat most places. He goes back and forth between his ASU lid and a Boston one. Chili's/TGI Friday's is my cutoff. He can wear the hat in there as well as places that are not as nice as that. It comes off at nicer places. He's never argued with that. Maybe the occasional eye-roll, but no arguments.



That's good parenting. How is he doing as a business major?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 17371
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Mar 2017, 13:34

chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:don't wear a hat inside unless you're at a sporting event or in a casino. *wipes hands*


I don't hat often but if I am, it's staying on my head. Hat hair sucks, nice restaurants aren't included in this convo for now.


No hats inside except at a sporting event or a casino is my vote.

This is hypothetical for me, as I only own three hats large enough for my giant head, and I only wear them when playing golf, hunting, fishing, or watching my children in an outdoor sporting event.

Or when blindingly hungover and unwashed.

What gives a casino the exemption? I can't wear a hat while bowlong or at the strip club?


i would file bowlong under sporting. however your point is taken on a sports bar and so i will expand 'sporting event' to include bars/taverns where tvs are the primary attraction and also cabana bars that have interior portions, since someone's gonna be even more pedantic.

Casino gets the exemption because there are common 12-24 hour binges where proper hair care cannot be observed. also i think some people wear a hat for poker because they think it hides tells. and also the hat hides you from the eye in the sky for the MTM's of the world


eta - you are not allowed to wear a hat in most strip clubs, but the ones that do allow hats, why would you do that? one of life's great pleasures is a stripper running her disgusting hands through your hair
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28701
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby chrisco » 13 Mar 2017, 13:38

I don't know I was trying to think of something that had a lower social standing than a casino. I think the casino being the exemption is a weird one.

What if I am in an indoor swap meet?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 11271
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 Mar 2017, 13:39

the cheese wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Tank Jr wears a hat most places. He goes back and forth between his ASU lid and a Boston one. Chili's/TGI Friday's is my cutoff. He can wear the hat in there as well as places that are not as nice as that. It comes off at nicer places. He's never argued with that. Maybe the occasional eye-roll, but no arguments.


That's good parenting. How is he doing as a business major?


So far so good. <knocking on wood>

SouthernYokel wrote:Casino gets the exemption because there are common 12-24 hour binges where proper hair care cannot be observed. also i think some people wear a hat for poker because they think it hides tells. and also the hat hides you from the eye in the sky for the MTM's of the world


Also casinos are unique in the way that there's no wrong dress there (well, American casinos). You can see a slob who hasn't bathed in 5 days at a buffet near a couple of off-work models in formal attire and neither looks out of place. Vegas really is the great melting pot. If you're covering your genitalia you're good.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31303
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby the cheese » 13 Mar 2017, 13:42

chrisco wrote:I don't know I was trying to think of something that had a lower social standing than a casino. I think the casino being the exemption is a weird one.

What if I am in an indoor swap meet?


Why are you in an indoor swap meet?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 17371
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Mar 2017, 13:43

chrisco wrote:I don't know I was trying to think of something that had a lower social standing than a casino. I think the casino being the exemption is a weird one.

What if I am in an indoor swap meet?


i was thinking like frank in the most recent post there. at the Venetian or Cosmopolitan, you can see people in the most formal attire available and also a dude in a tanktop and a MAGA hat smoking a newport and it's all fine. at a swap meet it is 100% tanktops and hats so the question is a non-starter.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28701
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby Gregs Kite » 13 Mar 2017, 13:46

SouthernYokel wrote:
chrisco wrote:I don't know I was trying to think of something that had a lower social standing than a casino. I think the casino being the exemption is a weird one.

What if I am in an indoor swap meet?


i was thinking like frank in the most recent post there. at the Venetian or Cosmopolitan, you can see people in the most formal attire available and also a dude in a tanktop and a MAGA hat smoking a newport and it's all fine. at a swap meet it is 100% tanktops and hats so the question is a non-starter.


You really hate tank tops, huh.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 21460
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Mar 2017, 13:47

Gregs Kite wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
chrisco wrote:I don't know I was trying to think of something that had a lower social standing than a casino. I think the casino being the exemption is a weird one.

What if I am in an indoor swap meet?


i was thinking like frank in the most recent post there. at the Venetian or Cosmopolitan, you can see people in the most formal attire available and also a dude in a tanktop and a MAGA hat smoking a newport and it's all fine. at a swap meet it is 100% tanktops and hats so the question is a non-starter.


You really hate tank tops, huh.


i like tank tops on the right person.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28701
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby the cheese » 13 Mar 2017, 13:49

Gregs Kite wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
chrisco wrote:I don't know I was trying to think of something that had a lower social standing than a casino. I think the casino being the exemption is a weird one.

What if I am in an indoor swap meet?


i was thinking like frank in the most recent post there. at the Venetian or Cosmopolitan, you can see people in the most formal attire available and also a dude in a tanktop and a MAGA hat smoking a newport and it's all fine. at a swap meet it is 100% tanktops and hats so the question is a non-starter.


You really hate tank tops, huh.


The resurgence of the tank top in 2012 was inexplicable, and angered me as much as any fratwear trend since the Columbia PFG shirt with your school logo and maybe your Greek Letters went on trend in 2009.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 17371
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Mar 2017, 13:51

the cheese wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
chrisco wrote:I don't know I was trying to think of something that had a lower social standing than a casino. I think the casino being the exemption is a weird one.

What if I am in an indoor swap meet?


i was thinking like frank in the most recent post there. at the Venetian or Cosmopolitan, you can see people in the most formal attire available and also a dude in a tanktop and a MAGA hat smoking a newport and it's all fine. at a swap meet it is 100% tanktops and hats so the question is a non-starter.


You really hate tank tops, huh.


the Columbia PFG shirt with your school logo and maybe your Greek Letters went on trend in 2009.


that shit's still not over down here. those shirts do not look good on a tall thin person at all.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28701
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dr Jeckyll and 1 guest