Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby TVF wannabe » 21 Nov 2017, 10:40

Tito's is overrated but is a perfectly fine cheap vodka. I'm currently drinking a vodka someone got me from Costco, it was $13 for a 1.75 liter bottle and like Tito's is fine.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Gregs Kite » 21 Nov 2017, 10:41

TVF wannabe wrote:Tito's is overrated but is a perfectly fine cheap vodka. I'm currently drinking a vodka someone got me from Costco, it was $13 for a 1.75 liter bottle and like Tito's is fine.

Dude, it's not even 11 in the morning!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 21 Nov 2017, 11:07

Just run that cheap vodka through a Britta filter a few times. Greatly improve the taste and mouthfeel.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Jew Jitsu » 21 Nov 2017, 12:52

TVF wannabe wrote:Tito's is overrated but is a perfectly fine cheap vodka. I'm currently drinking a vodka someone got me from Costco, it was $13 for a 1.75 liter bottle and like Tito's is fine.

The Kirkland liquor myth is the biggest bullshit ever. The most blinding hangovers I got was drinking that kirklands brand vodkas. The rest of the liquor is terrible too.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Nov 2017, 12:54

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Just run that cheap vodka through a Britta filter a few times. Greatly improve the taste and mouthfeel.

Definitely works. But it wrecks your filter pretty quickly.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 21 Nov 2017, 12:56

Dthefritz wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Just run that cheap vodka through a Britta filter a few times. Greatly improve the taste and mouthfeel.

If you're that hard up for cheap vodka, I think the quality of your Brita filter isn't exactly top of the priority list.

Oh, and DAHHHKIES AND FACKIN STEVENS NO ONE DENIES THIS FACK.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Theny » 21 Nov 2017, 12:57

Tito's is not cheap vodka you animal.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Nov 2017, 12:58

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

If you're that hard up for cheap vodka, I think the quality of your Brita filter isn't exactly top of the priority list.

I'm saying it doesn't save you money because replacing britta filters will outweigh the cost of buying better vodka, but thanks for missing the point as always.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 21 Nov 2017, 13:01

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

I'm saying it doesn't save you money because replacing britta filters will outweigh the cost of buying better vodka, but thanks for missing the point as always.

Take it to the financial nonsense thread. This conversation is for learned and thrifty alcoholics.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TVF wannabe » 21 Nov 2017, 13:03

Jew Jitsu wrote:

The Kirkland liquor myth is the biggest bullshit ever. The most blinding hangovers I got was drinking that kirklands brand vodkas. The rest of the liquor is terrible too.

Never had their other stuff and havent had a hangover issue with it.

Theny wrote:

Don't know Florida pricing and not counting no dignity pricing, Tito's at about $17 a bottle is cheap.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby mj3528 » 21 Nov 2017, 13:04

TVF wannabe wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:

Never had their other stuff and havent had a hangover issue with it.

Theny wrote:

Don't know Florida pricing and not counting no dignity pricing, Tito's at about $17 a bottle is cheap.

The Kirkland Beers are not bad in my experience. No Treehouse, but imminently drinkable, unlike a shandy.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby SouthernYokel » 21 Nov 2017, 15:58

Kirkland Diapers are better than Huggies. Not as good as Luvs. I would not try to drink them though, gross.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 21 Nov 2017, 16:01

I like Tito's better than anything else I've had at the same price point, with my definitely of "better" being based solely on whether I'm willing to drink it without a mixer. It's perfectly acceptable cheap-ish vodka, but I agree that it's not "cheap" vodka, if that makes even a little bit of sense. Ketel remains me go-to as the best overall combination of price and quality.

ETA: Put me on #teamdrunkmidget. I continue to despise gin because it doesn't taste good, but I'm not ruling out any alcohol based solely on its color. My booze taste is woke af.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby mj3528 » 21 Nov 2017, 16:08

TheWolf wrote:I like Tito's better than anything else I've had at the same price point, with my definitely of "better" being based solely on whether I'm willing to drink it without a mixer. It's perfectly acceptable cheap-ish vodka, but I agree that it's not "cheap" vodka, if that makes even a little bit of sense. Ketel remains me go-to as the best overall combination of price and quality.

ETA: Put me on #teamdrunkmidget. I continue to despise gin because it doesn't taste good, but I'm not ruling out any alcohol based solely on its color. My booze taste is woke af.

a gin and tonic with a lime in the summer is delightful, and I used to hate gin.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby chrisco » 21 Nov 2017, 16:12

mj3528 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I like Tito's better than anything else I've had at the same price point, with my definitely of "better" being based solely on whether I'm willing to drink it without a mixer. It's perfectly acceptable cheap-ish vodka, but I agree that it's not "cheap" vodka, if that makes even a little bit of sense. Ketel remains me go-to as the best overall combination of price and quality.

a gin and tonic with a lime in the summer is delightful, and I used to hate gin.

Not liking gin is like not liking pistachios just because you are used to cashews.

That might be the worst analogy I've ever made.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.