Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Other stuff in other stuff.

Grrr: Things that make me mad for no good reason

Postby TheWolf » 09 Dec 2004, 10:27

I was just going through a pile of checks from customers at work, and I came across one from a coffee shop called, "Koffee?" And it got me thinking about how much it pisses me off when people intentionally spell things wrong just to be cute. This shouldn't bother me, but it infuriates the hell out of me. Every time I drive by an oil change place called "Kwik Lube," I just want to burn it to the ground. This seems like it may be a completely unwarranted, and probably unhealthy, anger, but I don't care. Along the same lines, I can't stand when people use old English in the names of their businesses...like Ye Olde Antique Shoppe. This just seems so pretentious to me, and it really pissses me off. It's not 1700, and we're in America. So spell things the modern way, damn it. Does this kind of stuff bother anyone else, or do I just have issues?
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 09 Dec 2004, 10:36

I'm with Bill Cosby, I fucking hate Ebonics and anyone that speaks it sounds like a fucking retard, it was gone way beyond slang at this point. And just to be PC I hate redneck-speak too. Fucking Hillbillys. Man Wolf this feels pretty good I'm gonna have to come back to this one.

Why the hell can't parents discipline their kids anymore!!!!!! I hate seeing these little fuck trophies running around with no supervision all the time, I go to resturaunts to drink not to listen to your little brat scream and holler
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 09 Dec 2004, 10:47

I must make a correction to the ebonics piece. Snoop is allowed to, due to his ability to ad izzle to any word and still have it make perfect sense.
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby TheWolf » 09 Dec 2004, 11:19

howboutafrescahmmm wrote:I must make a correction to the ebonics piece. Snoop is allowed to, due to his ability to ad izzle to any word and still have it make perfect sense.

I'm with you on this one. Snoop can get away with it, but he's the only one. Ebonics pisses me off to no end. Just speak English for the love of God. I don't understand the need to have some other dialect just to sound different. Just talk the way everyone else does. And I really don't mean this as an insult to black people at all. I just don't like when people talk in a way that makes them sound like retards, regardless of their race, nationality, religion, etc.
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dunking Donut » 09 Dec 2004, 12:15

I hate when people have to have super customized stuff at fast food places. The other day I was at Dunkin' Donuts (big surprise) and this lady was ordering from drive thru. She was very specific about the coffee (is it fresh, 3 Splenda's, use very little cream), the lid on the cup, how hot the coffee was, what kind of sprinkles were on the donut. I was going crazy. If I worked at a place like that, I'd pull an O.J. on one of the customers.

Here's a hint: walk in, pick out what you want off the board, tell it to the cashier, pay (in cash, hopefully), leave. When I go to Dunkin' it takes me, like, 4 seconds to order -- "Number 1, large, light and sweet, chocolate glazed for the donuts".

They're not chefs, people! It's crappy, cheap food.

I quit going out for BK/Mickey D runs for the wife for this very reason.
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 09 Dec 2004, 12:57

yeah that dunkin dounuts thing is total bullshit. you should be required by law to know exactly what you want and say it in 1 sentence, french vannilla great one with cream and sugar. how fucking hard is that? toasted onion bagel with plain creme cheese. this isnt rocket science.. if you don;t exactly what you want then go inside its that simple........i'm getting all riled up better lay off the coffee
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Tecmo Bo » 09 Dec 2004, 13:36

Don't call it 'light and sweet' the proper phrase is 'blonde and sweet'.
Similarly, It's not 'no cream, no sugar', it's 'black and bitter'.

I just know I'm gonna get in trouble for that one... just bear in mind that we're all descended from the same damn dirty apes.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 09 Dec 2004, 13:38

Tecmo Bo wrote:Don't call it 'light and sweet' the proper phrase is 'blonde and sweet'.
Similarly, It's not 'no cream, no sugar', it's 'black and bitter'.

I just know I'm gonna get in trouble for that one...

I like my coffee just like my women.....black and full of whiskey
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Tecmo Bo » 10 Dec 2004, 10:22

"Ye Olde Antique Shoppe" is ok in only one situations. The store was established in 1650 and was actually called "Ye Olde Antique Shoppe" way back then.
What pisses me off...
They're playing with their dog over there.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby Big Scary Monster » 10 Dec 2004, 12:52

I have a friend who basically insists on customizing his fast food wherevere he goes. He does all sorts of substitutes, and extras. It drives me insane.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 10 Dec 2004, 13:39

Big Scary Monster wrote:I have a friend who basically insists on customizing his fast food wherevere he goes. He does all sorts of substitutes, and extras. It drives me insane.

I have that same friend, he is the one that wants a smokehouse burger from ruby tuesdays but orders a regular cheeseburger with nothing on it and a side of BBQ sauce
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Rickey Sez » 10 Dec 2004, 14:54

rick-E h8z wen peeple subsitutz letrz 4 numbrz n' shorten wordz like that. 4-eva.
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 10 Dec 2004, 15:08

4-eva-eva?
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby TheWolf » 10 Dec 2004, 15:42

Tecmo Bo wrote:"Ye Olde Antique Shoppe" is ok in only one situations. The store was established in 1650 and was actually called "Ye Olde Antique Shoppe" way back then.
What pisses me off...
They're playing with their dog over there.

This really pisses me off too. There are a lot of little grammar things that piss me off sometimes, but I try not to say anything because I don't want to sound like some sort of arrogant douche bag who thinks he's smarter than everyone else. But there/their/they're and its/it's are the ones that really drive me insane. I've seen both used incorrectly about 500 times on this site. There's also one lady I work with that uses "too" instead of "to" literally every single time. I've never seen her write the word "to" correctly, and it drives me crazy.
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Tecmo Bo » 10 Dec 2004, 16:03

It isn't arrogance, it's attention to detail. It's not hard, it';s not complicated, you don't need a tattoo on your wrist to figur it out!
Just use the right Martzing word!
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Next

Return to Misc.