Books

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Books

Postby Rodney Farva » 07 Mar 2017, 12:45

also after both were retired he continued to be a whiny bitch about how chuck noll had mistreated him and didn't understand him, which in the book comes across as bullshit.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Mar 2017, 12:50

RodStiffington69 wrote:the author got to know him, his family and the people around him very well, including players, so it didn't feel like anything was missed.

The Ringer would never hire that author.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby babylurch » 08 Mar 2017, 06:32

Simple factual errors really irritate me, even when they are irrelevant. I am currently reading Black Edge, about the SEC's attempt to bring down Steven Cohen. When introducing one of the lawyers going after Cohen, the author describes him as the "son of a nurse and a fighter pilot who flew a C-130 in Vietnam." A C-130 is about as far from a fighter as you can get!!! Totally inconsequential, but it was a like a giant record scratch when I got to that part of the book.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 Mar 2017, 10:09

babylurch wrote:Simple factual errors really irritate me, even when they are irrelevant. I am currently reading Black Edge, about the SEC's attempt to bring down Steven Cohen. When introducing one of the lawyers going after Cohen, the author describes him as the "son of a nurse and a fighter pilot who flew a C-130 in Vietnam." A C-130 is about as far from a fighter as you can get!!! Totally inconsequential, but it was a like a giant record scratch when I got to that part of the book.

maybe it was showing how much of a team player he was. Can you imagine Ice Man stooping to fly a transport plane
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby babylurch » 08 Mar 2017, 10:42

SouthernYokel wrote:
babylurch wrote:Simple factual errors really irritate me, even when they are irrelevant. I am currently reading Black Edge, about the SEC's attempt to bring down Steven Cohen. When introducing one of the lawyers going after Cohen, the author describes him as the "son of a nurse and a fighter pilot who flew a C-130 in Vietnam." A C-130 is about as far from a fighter as you can get!!! Totally inconsequential, but it was a like a giant record scratch when I got to that part of the book.

maybe it was showing how much of a team player he was. Can you imagine Ice Man stooping to fly a transport plane

look at you, always looking to find the good in people...
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 08 Mar 2017, 10:57

babylurch wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

look at you, always looking to find the good in people...

Think of the tower buzz you could get from that behemoth
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby mj3528 » 13 Mar 2017, 11:44

I just finished this book:

Peter King recommended it in one of his columns. I enjoyed it. First time I sort of really understood everything surrounding watergate. You could replace "Trump" for
Nixon" in a lot of passages and it would make perfect sense.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Mar 2017, 11:47

mj3528 wrote:I just finished this book:

Peter King recommended it in one of his columns. I enjoyed it. First time I sort of really understood everything surrounding watergate. You could replace "Trump" for

Nice. I was thinking about reading that no i wasnt.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby mj3528 » 13 Mar 2017, 11:51

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

Nice. I was thinking about reading that no i wasnt.

When you make wrestling posts, I am not your targeted audience. Similarly, you are not the target audience for most of my book posts.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Mar 2017, 11:57

Nixon is underrated. Granted he was a paranoid drunk, but he did some very good things.

Huh, why do I defend a paranoid drunk? Hmmm.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mj3528 » 13 Mar 2017, 12:00

MisterTambourineMan wrote:

Nixon is underrated. Granted he was a paranoid drunk, but he did some very good things.

Yeah, when I read it you appreciate more about him. Strange dude, but effective on some things.

He was not a good drunk. Did not take long for him to get wasted.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Mar 2017, 12:04

mj3528 wrote:

Yeah, when I read it you appreciate more about him. Strange dude, but effective on some things.

Triangular diplomacy, the EPA, and 2 dead brothers by what, 16? Started from the bottom, true Horatio Alger shit. But yeah paranoid drunk antisocial cretin. Why do I defend him???

Also has several different stories about how he heard about JFK. ijs.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 Mar 2017, 13:11

mj3528 wrote:

Whoa whoa WHOA!!! If you get wasted quickly that makes you a bad drunk?

2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 13 Mar 2017, 13:17

Mj listens to PK's recommendations.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Theny » 13 Mar 2017, 19:56

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Mj listens to PK's recommendations.

Generally not a good idea. When I was going through the Presidential podcast, when they got to Nixon they had Woodward on as a guest. That guy still has a diamond hard boner for trashing Nixon, to this day. It's a little weird, tbh.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.