Books

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Books

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Jan 2018, 10:46

Briandong79 wrote:Read The Cubs Way by Tom Verducci. Really liked it, but obviously wheelhouse, etc, etc. Good format, basically interspersed chapters about each game from the World Series with the narrative of building the team once Theo came aboard. Verducci had basically unlimited access to the team the whole season so there's good insight throughout. Probably the most interesting interviews were about the pitching decisions made in 5, 6 & 7, and what factored in. Still think Maddon butchered it pretty badly in the last 2 games but it was interesting to see where the thought process was coming from. Also, I had no idea how much the different catchers impacted what Chapman was throwing. Ross didn't think he could catch Chapman's breaking stuff so he threw like 48 consecutive fastballs (not an exaggeration) with Ross behind the plate, and Miggy didn't think he could stay in front of the fastballs so he had him throw almost exclusively sliders. So Chapman was throwing completely different stuff in the 8th and the 9th.

Ty.

I can’t imagine reading this. Not bc it’s the Cubs. It could be Sixers or eagles.

Ty again.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Re: Books

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 13 Jan 2018, 17:22

Inspired from one of the threads, I read Bill Carter's The War for Late Night: When Leno Went Early and Television Went Crazy this week.

Highly recommend this book. Well written and extremely detailed.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Previous

Return to Misc.