Best Stand-Up Bits

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Best Stand-Up Bits

Postby Briandong79 » 03 Jan 2018, 09:44

TheWolf wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:I seen the first two specials on Netflix a while back. They're good, but I think we tend to elevate Chappelle's work a bit because we all have fond memories of the show. And he did knock his appearance on SNL out of the park in 2016.

Imma go the other way here. The greatness of his show kind of over-shadows the fact that he's an all-timer in the standup game. Go listen to Killin Them Softly and try to laugh less than 50 times.

Yeah, I haven't watched the older stuff in a bit but I'd generally agree, he's a Mt Rushmore guy for me for stand up.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 03 Jan 2018, 09:50

CourtesyFlush wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:I seen the first two specials on Netflix a while back. They're good, but I think we tend to elevate Chappelle's work a bit because we all have fond memories of the show. And he did knock his appearance on SNL out of the park in 2016.

Imma go the other way here. The greatness of his show kind of over-shadows the fact that he's an all-timer in the standup game. Go listen to Killin Them Softly and try to laugh less than 50 times.

Oh, Killen Them Softly is great and he's a fantastic stand up comedian. I think most people remember the show though more than his stand up. Or maybe I'm wrong?

I don't disagree. But I have a feeling that's just because more people watch TV than watch stand-up.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 03 Jan 2018, 10:31

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:Who the fuck marries a tranny?

jim norton maybe. He wouldn’t get all sjwy about it tho. I saw the new Chappell special too, I think I liked it better than the previous Netflix shows which were also good.

i didn't even notice there was a second part, glad you guys pointed it out. i just listened to it and agree it was more serious.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby chrisco » 03 Jan 2018, 10:50

TheWolf wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Oh, Killen Them Softly is great and he's a fantastic stand up comedian. I think most people remember the show though more than his stand up. Or maybe I'm wrong?

I don't disagree. But I have a feeling that's just because more people watch TV than watch stand-up.

Half Baked /31
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 03 Jan 2018, 10:51

chrisco wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Half Baked Screwed /31
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TheWolf » 03 Jan 2018, 10:53

chrisco wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Half Baked /31

If you're implying that Half Baked is a Gene's Pick, then we officially have beef.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 03 Jan 2018, 11:48

Half Baked is great.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Jan 2018, 13:01

Dave is the number one comic I have seen live, and I’ve seen all the greats, including Dice, Jez, Burr, and the hot pocket guy.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby ctz31 » 03 Jan 2018, 14:21

TheWolf wrote:

I perused this at work today on wolf's rec. I recognized some of it so i believe i'd seen it before years ago. Fantastic. He had the aroldis chapman fastball going that evening. I do recall the bit at the start with his white friend chip, which was 10 minutes of non-stop laughs. Good rec.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » 03 Jan 2018, 14:26

ctz31 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

I perused this at work today on wolf's rec. I recognized some of it so i believe i'd seen it before years ago. Fantastic. He had the aroldis chapman fastball going that evening. I do recall the bit at the start with his white friend chip, which was 10 minutes of non-stop laughs. Good rec.

That Chip bit is absolute gold. Glad you enjoyed. I hope this is a step toward returning to your good graces after my recent misfire with Jew-duh Freemason.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 03 Jan 2018, 14:32

TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

That Chip bit is absolute gold. Glad you enjoyed. I hope this is a step toward returning to your good graces after my recent misfire with Jew-duh Freemason.

It's all good. My policy is 5 straight misfires before I ban a poster's rec's. So far only Dong and IMS have been banned from book rec's, and I suppose the cheese and greg kite for musical recs.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 03 Jan 2018, 15:20

I watched the second of his new ones at lunch today. A couple of chuckles but a lot of misfires.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby ctz31 » 19 Jan 2018, 13:50

Just happened upon this randomly and enjoyed. Roast in Peace.

ctz31
#nnf

Postby ctz31 » 19 Jan 2018, 13:57

Double Post. This one is good too.

ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » 19 Jan 2018, 13:57

ctz31 wrote:Just happened upon this randomly and enjoyed. Roast in Peace.

TY. I have heard that before but it's been a while. Always enjoyable. He was one of my favorites.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.