Howard Stern

Other stuff in other stuff.

Howard Stern

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Jan 2006, 16:24

I gave Stern's replacement in Philly(and several other unfortunate cities) a minor chance this morning on 94 WYSP. Yikes. David Lee Roth is just plain bad. Anyone hear this slop yet?
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Re: Howard Stern

Postby nova » 04 Jan 2006, 16:26

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I gave Stern's replacement in Philly(and several other unfortunate cities) a minor chance this morning on 94 WYSP. Yikes. David Lee Roth is just plain bad. Anyone hear this slop yet?

In DC, they replaced Stern with a local show called the Sports Junkies, four guys who have been friends since college. They are your typical local show-- started from cable access, and then onto morning radio fame. They're not bad, but speak their own langauge and can be intimidating to new listeners who have no idea what their inside jokes are about.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Gaylord » 04 Jan 2006, 16:30

I listened to Carolla for about 10 seconds, cuz i thought they were still playin Stern reruns until he came on Siriius, needless to say it may have been the worst 10 seconds of my life. He made some lame joke, and I guess he has 2 sidekicks a guy and a girl, they are lame also. I quickly deleted the talk radio from my preset stations and am considering getting Sirius, only problem is I spend barely any time driving...
TheDooze - I'll win with stories, and Tom Brady-esque swagger

IhateTomBrady - Tom Brady-esque swagger? Is that code for walking bow-legged from the ass reaming your boyfriend gave you the night before Dooze?
Gaylord
Etiquette Instructor

Postby SouthernYokel » 04 Jan 2006, 16:32

there's not a radio in the back of the bellagio limo, gay?
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gaylord » 04 Jan 2006, 16:34

SouthernYokel wrote:there's not a radio in the back of the bellagio limo, gay?

haha ill have to talk to my host about getting a Sirius put in there for my next trip

IhateTomBrady - Tom Brady-esque swagger? Is that code for walking bow-legged from the ass reaming your boyfriend gave you the night before Dooze?
Gaylord
Etiquette Instructor

Postby bosux » 04 Jan 2006, 17:32

the jury is still out on roth for me...i grew up in the 70's/80's and thusly listened to tons of VH...some of the stuff he says is amusing and/or thought provoking, but other times he just gets diahhrea of the mouth

i only get to listen to morning radio for half an hour a day at best, so i don't quite think i'm ready to fork over for howard yet
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby TheWolf » 04 Jan 2006, 17:34

I've had Sirius for over 2 years, but I only get to listen to morning radio for 10 minutes max, so I'm really pissed off that I won't hear that much Howard.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gaylord » 04 Jan 2006, 17:37

Cant you like record shows on sirius, like a tivo? Also I think Howard said his show would be running on a loop all day. Also what is the deal with taking the radio out of the car? Do you need an adapter or something for that?

Gaylord
Etiquette Instructor

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Jan 2006, 17:40

I have a portable reciever, which hooks into the car or into a boombox that also came with my order. So, you can put the boombox in your office if you want.........dont know if i will do this, since it would probably fucking walk.

As far as recording, im not sure how that works.......from what I understand, on mine, i can only record like 25 mins of shit, and its just the channel that i am already listening too, so whats the point......unless i dont know what im doing, which is possible
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby MoreCowbell » 04 Jan 2006, 17:51

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I gave Stern's replacement in Philly(and several other unfortunate cities) a minor chance this morning on 94 WYSP. Yikes. David Lee Roth is just plain bad. Anyone hear this slop yet?

Switch to Preston and Steve, my man. They were also much funnier than Stern, IMO.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Jan 2006, 18:06

I cant get into Preston and Steve. Most of my friends do like them though. I pretty much go with sports talk or Stern. I just like the way all the Stern guys interact with each other.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Big Scary Monster » 04 Jan 2006, 19:23

I heard Carolla this morning. It was awful. Also, they now have this guy called Tom Leykis in the afternoon... has anyone heard of him? He sounds like a total douche.
Gregs Kite - Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:42 am: I bet he had an ARRGGGGGHHHHHRUGALA salad.

[Thu 12:05] jack_daniels: the big scar monster does whatever the big scary monster does. so i dont really care.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Scoring Machine » 04 Jan 2006, 21:12

Leykis is in every major city on the West Coast... San Diego, SF, LA, Seattle, Portland, Pheonix. His show is usually rather entertaining due to the large number of chicks he pisses off.

I haven't listened to the Corolla morning show. I have no desire to, I just listen to Cowherd when I'm up that early in the morning now until Rome comes on.
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Magnum » 05 Jan 2006, 08:49

I've listened to Roth the past couple days, and I think he is pretty bad. i miss Stern! I've moved on to listening to music in the morning.
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby bosux » 05 Jan 2006, 10:46

MoreCowbell wrote:

Switch to Preston and Steve, my man. They were also much funnier than Stern, IMO.

'preston and steve' are funnier than stern?!?

do you also think creed is better than led zepplin?
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Next

Return to Misc.