Connecticut

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Connecticut

Postby Rodney Farva » 10 Jan 2018, 20:25

Is Archie Moore’s still in New Haven? I went there quite a few times years ago, wings were happy hour freebies
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Jan 2018, 09:34

My favorite is still the traditional buffalo, but agree that the buffacue is really good. It’s not on the menu, but they won’t blink when you order it. Just remember no matter what flavor you order to get it “dirt” style.

Archie Moore’s is pretty good IMO, but I do think J Tim’s is clearly better. They buy their wings from one farm that grows the chickens to provide 5-6 wings per pound, as opposed to places like B-Dub that will do 8-10. A “single” order (10 wings) is plenty even for a fat fake-3hunna guy like myself. They make their own blue cheese dressing if you’re into that. I just get the ranch even though it’s out of a bottle. The double-sauce double-fry gives a nice carmelization on the outside, and then the meatier-than-usual wings are satisfying.

If you get an appetizer, I’d recommend either the Tailgate Pretzel or the nachos, but those are just nice appetizers. Neither is worth the drive by any means.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Magnum » 11 Jan 2018, 16:23

Damnit, now I want wings.
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby rickm3 » 15 Jan 2018, 10:10

Frank the Tank wrote:SOTSG-famous J. Timothy’s will be featured on the Travel Channel’s “Food Paradise” this Sunday night at 8pm EST. The episode’s theme is the best chicken dishes available in the nation. Set your DVR now!

I just watched the episode. I laughed when it referred to Plainville as "historic", maybe it is but my only memory was that it was kind of a shithole where my mother used to go bowling when we lived in Terryville when I was around 5 yo. The wings do look good though but hard to tell from theses shows. On this very episode they had a restaurant in Vegas that I have been to that was just ok. I value the opinion of the knuckleheads here more than these shows.
rickm3
Hope College Alum

Postby mj3528 » 15 Jan 2018, 10:13

rickm3 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:SOTSG-famous J. Timothy’s will be featured on the Travel Channel’s “Food Paradise” this Sunday night at 8pm EST. The episode’s theme is the best chicken dishes available in the nation. Set your DVR now!

I just watched the episode. I laughed when it referred to Plainville as "historic", maybe it is but my only memory was that it was kind of a shithole where my mother used to go bowling when we lived in Terryville when I was around 5 yo. The wings do look good though but hard to tell from theses shows. On this very episode they had a restaurant in Vegas that I have been to that was just ok. I value the opinion of the knuckleheads here more than these shows.

agree with the premise that it is difficult to determine quality based on these type of shows. 2 of the 3 places that Guy Fierie went to for his diner, driver-ins dive shows, are very average to the point of if I never ate there again I wouldn't miss them at all.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Frank the Tank » 15 Jan 2018, 20:12

If you loosely translate "historic" to "old", then it's accurate. History doesn't need to be valuable or relevant.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Previous

Return to Misc.