GAMBLING

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: GAMBLING

Postby SouthernYokel » 06 Dec 2016, 11:33

the obvious problem is you are thinking of the casino as something besides entertainment. nobody should ever be going to a casino chasing wins. you go to fuck around and get a few 'free' drinks (potentially that's not even a thing in a Dakota casino, idk).
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29298
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: GAMBLING

Postby mj3528 » 06 Dec 2016, 11:36

SouthernYokel wrote:the obvious problem is you are thinking of the casino as something besides entertainment. nobody should ever be going to a casino chasing wins. you go to fuck around and get a few 'free' drinks (potentially that's not even a thing in a Dakota casino, idk).


There were not free drinks at the Cleveland casino. That was a major disappointment. I guess it is against the law in Ohio.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8927
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: GAMBLING

Postby SouthernYokel » 06 Dec 2016, 11:39

mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:the obvious problem is you are thinking of the casino as something besides entertainment. nobody should ever be going to a casino chasing wins. you go to fuck around and get a few 'free' drinks (potentially that's not even a thing in a Dakota casino, idk).


There were not free drinks at the Cleveland casino. That was a major disappointment. I guess it is against the law in Ohio.


yeah, a lot of the indian casinos in states where gambling is otherwise illegal do not have free drinks for players. i only made it like 10 minutes before i quit, i need my medicine if i'm gonna be giving away money.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29298
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: GAMBLING

Postby BigJohnStudd » 06 Dec 2016, 12:05

SouthernYokel wrote:the obvious problem is you are thinking of the casino as something besides entertainment. nobody should ever be going to a casino chasing wins. you go to fuck around and get a few 'free' drinks (potentially that's not even a thing in a Dakota casino, idk).


The "casinos" I go to are more properly "video lottery casinos", which are for the most part hole-in-the-wall storefronts with a bank of machines and a bar. I could have free drinks if I wanted them, but I don't want them. Most of the time I even refuse a free Coke. If I've got 80 dollars and I want drinks, I'll just buy drinks. I'm there so that the flashing lights and pretty colors can hypnotize me into feeling a specific type of good that my subconscious has convinced me I want to feel.

God help me if I ever develop a taste for alcohol. One of the reasons I don't drink is that I'm afraid I might start liking it.

mj3528 wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:(And if you guessed that the wipe doesn't know about the magic sock drawer box-full-o-money, or even any of the casino visits, you guessed correctly.)


That wasn't much of a guess considering you don't tell her about time you take off of work and actually hide your non-attendance.


Image
User avatar
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit
 
Posts: 3572
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 00:01

Re: GAMBLING

Postby SouthernYokel » 06 Dec 2016, 12:12

BigJohnStudd wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:the obvious problem is you are thinking of the casino as something besides entertainment. nobody should ever be going to a casino chasing wins. you go to fuck around and get a few 'free' drinks (potentially that's not even a thing in a Dakota casino, idk).


The "casinos" I go to are more properly "video lottery casinos", which are for the most part hole-in-the-wall storefronts with a bank of machines and a bar. I could have free drinks if I wanted them, but I don't want them. Most of the time I even refuse a free Coke. If I've got 80 dollars and I want drinks, I'll just buy drinks. I'm there so that the flashing lights and pretty colors can hypnotize me into feeling a specific type of good that my subconscious has convinced me I want to feel.

God help me if I ever develop a taste for alcohol. One of the reasons I don't drink is that I'm afraid I might start liking it.


mmm. we call them "internet cafes" in my industry. because the legality of the gambling part is unclear in most states. does yours require you to buy an inconsequentially small long distance phone card or something first? i love those. "this is not gambling, we are providing a service and then allowing our customers to participate in a sweepstakes for being our customer"
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29298
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: GAMBLING

Postby BigJohnStudd » 06 Dec 2016, 12:14

I should take that 500 and buy a fancy new phone so I can YouNow live from one of my gambling seshes.
User avatar
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit
 
Posts: 3572
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 00:01

Re: GAMBLING

Postby Gregs Kite » 06 Dec 2016, 12:39

BigJohnStudd wrote:I should take that 500 and buy a fancy new phone so I can YouNow live from one of my gambling seshes.


Don't tease me, bro.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 22638
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: GAMBLING

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 18 Jan 2017, 09:37

User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18170
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: GAMBLING

Postby Frank the Tank » 19 Jan 2017, 18:18

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Heroes


I admire the fuck out of this.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31411
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: GAMBLING

Postby rickm3 » 19 Jan 2017, 20:29

The money line for GB this week is +175 or so, if they win and play NE in the SB I would think it would be pretty similar. So if they win out they are looking at around $100k (give or take). Not a bad return on a $300 buy in.
rickm3
Grantland Editor
 
Posts: 143
Joined: 13 May 2006, 14:58

Re: GAMBLING

Postby Frank the Tank » 20 Jan 2017, 07:19

This strategy paid off for a UConn fan in 2014.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31411
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: GAMBLING

Postby rickm3 » 22 Jan 2017, 19:34

Frank the Tank wrote:This strategy paid off for a UConn fan in 2014.


I found this part to be interesting:

"it's not uncommon for gamblers who make such outsized bets to remain anonymous — usually to avoid becoming robbery targets, and for what he called "tax purposes." "

Tax purposes = tax evasion. W2-G's are only issued by the casinos for sports bets that pay more than 600:1. So only in very limited cases.
rickm3
Grantland Editor
 
Posts: 143
Joined: 13 May 2006, 14:58

Re: GAMBLING

Postby Gaylord2 » 23 Jan 2017, 00:41

rickm3 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:This strategy paid off for a UConn fan in 2014.


I found this part to be interesting:

"it's not uncommon for gamblers who make such outsized bets to remain anonymous — usually to avoid becoming robbery targets, and for what he called "tax purposes." "

Tax purposes = tax evasion. W2-G's are only issued by the casinos for sports bets that pay more than 600:1. So only in very limited cases.


Ha I thought the same think rickm when I read the original Green Bay betting story - was very surprised these guys went on the record as winning - that is telling the IRS that they received $30K in winnings, yes now that Green Bay lost they get to deduct the gambling losses - but until Kite's guy Trump fixes the law, they still pay extra Tax. Hopefully the publicity is worth something to them - what a bunch of suckers betting on Green Bay in Atlanta...
User avatar
Gaylord2
Farva's Driver
 
Posts: 98
Joined: 18 Feb 2014, 13:34

Re: GAMBLING

Postby mister bacon » 23 Jan 2017, 01:03

Gaylord2 wrote:
rickm3 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:This strategy paid off for a UConn fan in 2014.


I found this part to be interesting:

"it's not uncommon for gamblers who make such outsized bets to remain anonymous — usually to avoid becoming robbery targets, and for what he called "tax purposes." "

Tax purposes = tax evasion. W2-G's are only issued by the casinos for sports bets that pay more than 600:1. So only in very limited cases.


Ha I thought the same think rickm when I read the original Green Bay betting story - was very surprised these guys went on the record as winning - that is telling the IRS that they received $30K in winnings, yes now that Green Bay lost they get to deduct the gambling losses - but until Kite's guy Trump fixes the law, they still pay extra Tax. Hopefully the publicity is worth something to them - what a bunch of suckers betting on Green Bay in Atlanta...


on the other hand, it was the falcons.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25811
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: GAMBLING

Postby JT99 » 15 Mar 2017, 11:38

Spurred by the blackjack talk in the GAY thread, I wish to propose a question...

Do you guys have favorite seats/spots at tables?

In general, I prefer to be at first or third so that I can avoid the foot traffic behind me and so that I can snuggle up better with the dealers and bosses.

Kinda the same at craps. I like to be next to the dealer on the open side.

Not superstitious about any of it though.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest