Canada Bashing

Other stuff in other stuff.

Canada Bashing

Postby Frank the Tank » 26 May 2005, 13:43

Alright, it's really only Prince Edward Island bashing...

That province is cutting back its suicide help line to 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. Easily one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. Either shift it to a contractor who can run it 24/7 or decide it's not having a sufficient positive effect and end the program all together. I mean, PEI is even further out there than Maine, and the cold dark winter nights should be the time when most people are contemplating suicide, right? Or after they get stood up on Saturday night and wake up naked next to some moose on Sunday morning (literal moose, not figurative). Pretty stupid decision.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby thedudeabides » 26 May 2005, 16:59

BOOOO! PEI BOOOO!
Who wants to help me incite a liberal democratic revolution in Iran?....anyone.....anyone at all?
thedudeabides
OG's sponsor

Postby Tecmo Bo » 27 May 2005, 08:37

Get some friggin volunteers like the Samaritans or something...
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 May 2005, 08:40

Or just put up a recording.

"Hello, welcome to the Prince Edward Island suicide hotline. I'm famed Canadian songstress Anne Murray. If you're contemplating suicide, then what the hell are you thinking aboot? You live in an unspoiled land with a high ratio of virgin livestock-to-citizens. Go have a drink at the curling club and chill out already. Buy my albums. Thank you." <click>
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Snake » 27 May 2005, 14:58

Last I checked, most people didn't commit suicide during the work week. Makes more sense to do it from 9pm to 5am. Oh well, maybe Canadians are just polite enough to keep their suicidal urges on schedule.,
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 May 2005, 15:00

Snake wrote:Last I checked, most people didn't commit suicide during the work week.

This is true, although it seems odd to me since I would think work would make more people suicidal than anything else.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Snake » 27 May 2005, 15:01

True, but if you kill yourself before lunch, you aren't getting paid for the rest of the day.

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby jack_daniels » 27 May 2005, 15:05

Spoken like a true Jew.

The Atlantic provinces suck. The most backwards area of the country. Although the lobster from the coasts are amazing.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Snake » 27 May 2005, 15:13

Dude. Not cool. There's funny racist and then there is mean spirited racist. Especially because the stereotype with Jews and money comes from the fact that early Europeans would only let Jews bank because they thought banking was evil.

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Tecmo Bo » 27 May 2005, 15:30

Snake wrote:Dude. Not cool. There's funny racist and then there is mean spirited racist. Especially because the stereotype with Jews and money comes from the fact that early Europeans would only let Jews bank because they thought banking was evil.

Yeah, that was pretty harsh man. Not cool.

I agree with both Snake and Tecmo Bo. -FTT
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby nerf66 » 27 May 2005, 17:19

Tecmo Bo wrote:
Snake wrote:Dude. Not cool. There's funny racist and then there is mean spirited racist. Especially because the stereotype with Jews and money comes from the fact that early Europeans would only let Jews bank because they thought banking was evil.

Yeah, that was pretty harsh man. Not cool.

I agree with both Snake and Tecmo Bo. -FTT

I'll agree too.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby mister bacon » 27 May 2005, 18:05

Don't want to pile on, but I think that went a little too far.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Snake » 27 May 2005, 19:20

Anyone else care to take a shot at JD? In all seriousness we aren't (or at least I'm not) trying to hurt your feelings because I don't think you meant an insult, just think about where the line is a little more deeply before you post.

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Tecmo Bo » 27 May 2005, 20:27

I'm glad no one spotted my original reply, i went off a little bit on J_D.
Snake, you're being pretty generous, the comment seemed to be meant as an insult from where I sit.
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 May 2005, 20:31

I think Snake's handling it perfectly. It was a bad line to use, but we all say stupid things we shouldn't every once in a while. No reason to blow this one too far out of proportion, but I would take care JD. Let's let it go (unless Snake wants to say something else, since he was the recipient of the original he gets to bring it up as long as he wants, but I think the rest of us should stop piling on).
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Next

Return to Misc.