The Confessional

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: The Confessional

Postby Goose » 20 Apr 2017, 15:44

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I have two travel toiletry kits. One is for checked luggage, one is for carry-on luggage.

i had this until costa rica. used the checked bag version with full size stuff in it. flight from costa was delayed, thought i was going to miss my flight so i didn't re-check the bag after immigration. had to throw out all the full size stuff in the TSA line. ran to my gate and found out the connecting flight was delayed another 3 hours and i could have leisurely strolled through baggage claim, gate agents, etc. fucking airlines/airports/TSA/everyone

Even the full bottle of KY?

especially! that stuff is embarrassing to buy

God bless self checkout.

I remember a few years back I stopped at Publix to buy some beer after work on Friday and the lady behind me had a couple microwave dinners, a 12 back of cheap beer (maybe Busch Light), a HUGE cucumber, and a bottle of baby oil. She looked like an over the hill divorcee who's ex had the kids for the weekend.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby the cheese » 20 Apr 2017, 15:47

Goose wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I have two travel toiletry kits. One is for checked luggage, one is for carry-on luggage.

i had this until costa rica. used the checked bag version with full size stuff in it. flight from costa was delayed, thought i was going to miss my flight so i didn't re-check the bag after immigration. had to throw out all the full size stuff in the TSA line. ran to my gate and found out the connecting flight was delayed another 3 hours and i could have leisurely strolled through baggage claim, gate agents, etc. fucking airlines/airports/TSA/everyone

Even the full bottle of KY?

especially! that stuff is embarrassing to buy

God bless self checkout.

I remember a few years back I stopped at Publix to buy some beer after work on Friday and the lady behind me had a couple microwave dinners, a 12 back of cheap beer (maybe Busch Light), a HUGE cucumber, and a bottle of baby oil. She looked like an over the hill divorcee who's ex had the kids for the weekend.

Nice. I stopped by the liquor store saturday night and saw a large woman with two 30s of Strohs, two handles of fireball, and a box of franzia getting into a late 90s mitsubishi eclipse. I called that a bad decisions six pack.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby chrisco » 20 Apr 2017, 16:00

the cheese wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:you'll all be shocked to know that i do in fact have a travel toiletry bag with doubles of everything, always ready to go.

I also do this. If you travel more than once a quarter, why wouldn't you? It's like a $25 investment if you're normal, $75 if you're fancy, and it'll last at least a year if you're traveling frequently.

I support shaving with soap as an ethos, but it dries out my skin if I do it with any regularity.

Because it takes me 1-2 minutes to pack my toiletries bag. Toothbrush, comb, razor, deodorant, pills.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby TheWolf » 21 Apr 2017, 06:37

Like Frank, I have a checked and carry-on toiletry bag. My problem is that if I run out of something at home, I usually borrow from the travel bag and forget to replace it. So I still always have to double check that my shit is packed before I leave.

I can't believe hotel rooms don't give you toothpaste. That has to be the most commonly forgotten item, right?

MTM, they sell toothbrushes at like every store, and they cost $2. Grow up. Also, I love your method. Great move.

Are there dentists that don't give you a toothbrush every time? My hygienist always asks me the last time I changed mine. Bitch, if you want me to change that shit every 3 months, why don't you give me 2?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 21 Apr 2017, 07:55

most hotels do give you free toothpaste at the front desk. i guess they know we would all take the toothpaste home even if we don't need it if they put it in the room and so that would end up being a multi-million dollar line item on Marriott's budget.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Frank the Tank » 21 Apr 2017, 08:50

SouthernYokel wrote:most hotels do give you free toothpaste at the front desk. i guess they know we would all take the toothpaste home even if we don't need it if they put it in the room and so that would end up being a multi-million dollar line item on Marriott's budget.

Yeah, that's my experience. If you're staying at a, say Courtyard/Garden Inn or better they'll always have it. Most interesting I've noticed is a lot of them have started giving out single use toothpastes in something that looks like a ketchup packet. It can be difficult not smearing it everywhere instead of getting the nice little Mike-N-Ike sized globule on the brush.

I bet that's the first time you've read the phrase "Mike-N-Ike sized globule" in your life. That's what we do at SOTSG. We broaden horizons.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 21 Apr 2017, 09:44

I did have a toothbrush in the cabinet.

I said fuck it.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 21 Apr 2017, 09:49

You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 21 Apr 2017, 10:51

MisterTambourineMan wrote:I did have a toothbrush in the cabinet.

I said fuck it.

we're through the looking glass now
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Previous

Return to Misc.