EOE - ESPN Original Entertainment

EOE - ESPN Original Entertainment

Postby fatty » 07 May 2005, 01:23

Sucks.

Seriously, aside from "Bowling Night", and some of the poker coverage (until it gets shown 500 times), I can't think of any of their shows that are any good.

Unless PTI comes under EOE, then I'll call it "fair".

And if you haven't seen "Teammates" yet...consider yourself lucky. Stu Scott should see the writing on the wall now that he's reduced to hosting game shows.
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby sportsdorkhater » 07 May 2005, 08:16

well im not sure crazy-eye stu has much in the way of vision, so he probably cant see the writing on the wall. maybe you could call him and tell him instead fatty
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Frank the Tank » 07 May 2005, 08:44

PTI and Around the Horn are EOE productions, but those do not make up for Tilt. ESPN needs 10 years of grade-A programming to make up for that horror.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Rickey Sez » 08 May 2005, 01:24

EOE scares me. I fear that one day soon we'll be saying "Remember when ESPN used to air sporting events and SportsCenter?" the same way we're saying "remember when MTV showed music videos?'.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby Snake » 08 May 2005, 03:13

Damn good analogy *shudder*. StreetBall was also a solid EOE production, but I think Cold Pizza falls under that umbrella too. By the way, opinion of the board, which is worse Cold Pizza or TILT? I'm leaning towards Cold Pizza but I'm not sure.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby jack_daniels » 08 May 2005, 17:34

TILT by a mile.

even if Mark Madsen(or whatever his name is, dude from Resevoir Dogs) is in it, still doesn't make up for its shittyness.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby JohnnyDamon » 08 May 2005, 22:19

TILT, because at least Cold Pizza has semi-hot chicks to look at in the morning. Oh wait, they don't. TILT is still waaaaay worse.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby mister bacon » 09 May 2005, 00:25

I've never seen Tilt, but without a doubt.. I can say that Cold Pizza smokes some major cock.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 May 2005, 07:02

Without defending Cold Pizza in the slightest way I can state with certainty that Tilt is the worst thing EOE has ever done, and it may be the worst show in TV history. It was that bad.

I think that it's shameful how much they skimp on production values sometimes. When they were doing Stump the Schwab they kept track of who was winning by using poker chips that sell for less than $.05 a piece on eBay. How about a scoreboard? Or some graphics?
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby MoreCowbell » 09 May 2005, 11:01

I gotta say Im a fan of Stump the Schwab....it is sad that Stu is reduced to wearing sunglasses at night and hosting these things though....
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby fatty » 11 May 2005, 22:53

I think it's even more shit that Stump the Schwaub pays the winner $5k, whereas teammates pays PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES WHO ARE ALREADY OBNOXIOUSLY RICH $30k. Oh, but if you're really good at StS, you get to come back and compete for $25k, so I guess that makes it all better.

Cocks.

But more importantly, did anyone see "Bowling Night" last night?? I need to know if T.O. was ousted!!
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby JohnnyDamon » 12 May 2005, 01:04

I want a piece of Howie Fucking Schwab...that is all.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby fatty » 12 May 2005, 01:05

Johnny Damon vs The Schwab.

IN THE CAGE!!

We'll show you the whole screen, but you'll only need THE EDDDDDDDDDGE!!
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Buddy Revell » 10 Aug 2005, 16:36

JohnnyDamon wrote:I want a piece of Howie Fucking Schwab...that is all.

I know I'm dredging this one up from the dustpile, but you can now take him on Mr. Damon:

http://espn.go.com/eoe/STS/index.html

I've never actually seen the show, but I actually filled out the application on my brother's recommendation, and got invited to audition. But then again, I may be one of 3 people that did and that's why. Most of you on this board seem to know far more about sports than I do.
Buddy Revell
Hope College Alum

Re:

Postby mister bacon » 16 Aug 2010, 21:57

Buddy Revell wrote:
JohnnyDamon wrote:I want a piece of Howie Fucking Schwab...that is all.

I know I'm dredging this one up from the dustpile, but you can now take him on Mr. Damon:

http://espn.go.com/eoe/STS/index.html

I've never actually seen the show, but I actually filled out the application on my brother's recommendation, and got invited to audition. But then again, I may be one of 3 people that did and that's why. Most of you on this board seem to know far more about sports than I do.

they still show this on espn classic, click the link above. you can sit around in your home fantasizing/beating off to this show every night.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Return to TV