Obscure TV Shows

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby CourtesyFlush » 18 Jul 2009, 23:10

chrisco wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Untouchable wrote:does anyone watch forensic files or cold case files? i think they're on a&e or something. i like the info about police investigations and how they use dna evidence and stuff to solve old crimes. yesterday they had one about the green river killer, that case was solved by matching 20 year old dna with a present sample. pretty amazing....


My mom and stepdad love watching those types of shows. Every time I go over to their house it's always on. I know now who Bill Kurtis was before those AT&T commercials. But the shows do kind of suck you in after you watch the first few minutes.



yeah my folks are the same way. they love those shows, they also love that show city confidential. i dont mind watching when im at home.


The voice over guy for city confidential is the best. That's one of my favorite shows to randomly stumble upon.


I believe you're referring to Paul Winfield. I think Keith David also narrated some episodes.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 13401
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby mister bacon » 19 Jul 2009, 10:03

keith david took over after paul wifield passed away.

keith david was excellent in men at work. winfield was excellent in star trek II: the wrath of khan.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25208
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: The Real Racist

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby someguysomewhere » 19 Jul 2009, 15:12

mister bacon wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Untouchable wrote:does anyone watch forensic files or cold case files? i think they're on a&e or something. i like the info about police investigations and how they use dna evidence and stuff to solve old crimes. yesterday they had one about the green river killer, that case was solved by matching 20 year old dna with a present sample. pretty amazing....


My mom and stepdad love watching those types of shows. Every time I go over to their house it's always on. I know now who Bill Kurtis was before those AT&T commercials. But the shows do kind of suck you in after you watch the first few minutes.



yeah my folks are the same way. they love those shows, they also love that show city confidential. i dont mind watching when im at home.


When my sister and I are both out at our folks' place in the country, that's the running battle over the remote for the kickass big screen TV. I want sports, she wants shows about murder.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
User avatar
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 10404
Joined: 19 May 2006, 12:04
Location: The foul line, looking terrified.

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby Dunking Donut » 02 Mar 2010, 08:36

I've been watching Peep Show on Hulu. Freakin' hilarious. Basically a sort of a dirty british version of the odd couple but filmed from the perspective of the other person as events happen.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
User avatar
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 6336
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 10:25

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Jul 2010, 12:13

User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 11028
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby Rodney Farva » 13 Jul 2010, 22:55

Dunking Donut wrote:I've been watching Peep Show on Hulu. Freakin' hilarious. Basically a sort of a dirty british version of the odd couple but filmed from the perspective of the other person as events happen.


amen, great show.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 23884
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby Gregs Kite » 16 Oct 2011, 12:48

I consider "The Onion Sportsdome" obscure because I never seen it. But this was great.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20279
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby Dthefritz » 18 Oct 2011, 11:43

Onion Sportsdome is also obscure cause it got cancelled and they only do web clips now. Which is a goddmamn shame. Here are some highlights, for those like Kite who have never seen:



http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/video ... t-l,19867/
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 6403
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 08 Dec 2011, 01:03

I wanted to watch Walter White Cranston, so I've been watchin Malcom in the Middle.

It's a good show, I swear. Granted, Frankie Muniz is number one "Man, watching someone go through puberty blows." AND on top of that, he's number one on "Damn, if they casted a better lead actor, this is an all-time show," but he's not as bad as Zach Braff (Scrubs woulda killed w/o that him).

I'm just saying.

Watch Walted White be Maclom's dad. It's fun.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 11028
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby Frank the Tank » 08 Dec 2011, 05:53

MisterTambourineMan wrote:I wanted to watch Walter White Cranston, so I've been watchin Malcom in the Middle.

It's a good show, I swear. Granted, Frankie Muniz is number one "Man, watching someone go through puberty blows." AND on top of that, he's number one on "Damn, if they casted a better lead actor, this is an all-time show," but he's not as bad as Zach Braff (Scrubs woulda killed w/o that him).

I'm just saying.

Watch Walted White be Maclom's dad. It's fun.


GPIA, especially in the early seasons. When Muniz started doing spy movies with Hilary Duff it went downhill. As good as Cranston is on Breaking Bad, it still took me somewhere into season 2 before I didn't see any of Malcolm's father in the character. In the pilot episode of BB where he flips out in the car wash and is cooking meth with his pants on a hangar outside the RV, those struck me as things his character on MitM would do if he broke bad.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 30985
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby chrisco » 08 Dec 2011, 09:07

Frank the Tank wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:I wanted to watch Walter White Cranston, so I've been watchin Malcom in the Middle.

It's a good show, I swear. Granted, Frankie Muniz is number one "Man, watching someone go through puberty blows." AND on top of that, he's number one on "Damn, if they casted a better lead actor, this is an all-time show," but he's not as bad as Zach Braff (Scrubs woulda killed w/o that him).

I'm just saying.

Watch Walted White be Maclom's dad. It's fun.


GPIA, especially in the early seasons. When Muniz started doing spy movies with Hilary Duff it went downhill. As good as Cranston is on Breaking Bad, it still took me somewhere into season 2 before I didn't see any of Malcolm's father in the character. In the pilot episode of BB where he flips out in the car wash and is cooking meth with his pants on a hangar outside the RV, those struck me as things his character on MitM would do if he broke bad.


What is obscure about a show that had a 7 season run on Fox, won multiple Emmys, and can currently be seen in syndication on several US networks?
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 10844
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby SDGuy » 08 Dec 2011, 10:58

MisterTambourineMan wrote:I wanted to watch Walter White Cranston, so I've been watchin Malcom in the Middle.

It's a good show, I swear. Granted, Frankie Muniz is number one "Man, watching someone go through puberty blows." AND on top of that, he's number one on "Damn, if they casted a better lead actor, this is an all-time show," but he's not as bad as Zach Braff (Scrubs woulda killed w/o that him).

I'm just saying.

Watch Walted White be Maclom's dad. It's fun.


I used to watch this as a kid and still watch reruns if I come across them. It's definitely solid.
Montecore's Revenge wrote:Protip: When you slit your wrists make sure you go north-south and not east-west. It will be harder for them to save you and it won't send out as much of a "just a cry for help, not a serious attempt" vibe
User avatar
SDGuy
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 22:48
Location: Not the 'SB'

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby bosux » 09 Dec 2011, 09:13

MisterTambourineMan wrote:I wanted to watch Walter White Cranston, so I've been watchin Malcom in the Middle.

It's a good show, I swear. Granted, Frankie Muniz is number one "Man, watching someone go through puberty blows." AND on top of that, he's number one on "Damn, if they casted a better lead actor, this is an all-time show," but he's not as bad as Zach Braff (Scrubs woulda killed w/o that him).

I'm just saying.

Watch Walted White be Maclom's dad. It's fun.


never liked and tried several times...it seemed that all of the 'humour' was based on yelling...is like that deadspin guy wrote a tv show
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
User avatar
bosux
Dr. Poop
 
Posts: 16607
Joined: 08 Jun 2005, 10:31
Location: river ave garage, top deck

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby Rodney Farva » 08 Sep 2013, 11:28

am I the only one to watch Episodes? this killed me.

You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 23884
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Obscure TV Shows

Postby Rodney Farva » 11 Sep 2013, 03:17

another nice thing on Episodes is that leblanc's stalker on the show has grrrrrrrreat cans. NSFW.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 23884
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

PreviousNext

Return to TV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest