The Simpsons

The Simpsons

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 16 Nov 2004, 20:58

16 years jeez, I think my friend Tom said it best "16 years? I've wasted my entire life." Heres to 16 more!!!!!
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby jack_daniels » 23 Nov 2004, 22:04

i love the simpsons with all my heart, but......it should have ended at least 4 years ago.

it shouldve ended when they did that "behind the simpsons" season finale.

i mean, how could you top that?
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Snake » 28 Nov 2004, 01:26

Please, don't give me that. As long as the show keeps making me laugh it can stay as long as it wants, who cares if it doesn't peak as it goes out.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Big Scary Monster » 28 Nov 2004, 12:05

I'm with the snake on this one. There are still plenty of things on the show that make me laugh... I think they should keep going as long as they want. The one where Homer smokes Medical Marijuana is one of the funniest ever and that was in Season 13.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby jack_daniels » 28 Nov 2004, 19:56

still........those golden years from season 3-8 will never come back. the simpsons were in top form then and it is such a joke to see the new direction the show is taking(less adult-oriented, more stunts:celebrity or physical, basically more child-oriented;i mean sure thats what the advertisers are aiming for and it will continue to make the Simpsons a huge cash cow, but....i dont know its just not the same anymore)....
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Snake » 28 Nov 2004, 20:22

Yea, but that's because they've become an icon and people expect that out of them. Watch when Family Guy and American Dad pop up, you'll get your dirty jokes. And in the meantime, enjoy Marge at the bakeoff!
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Scoring Machine » 03 Feb 2005, 00:26

The Simpsons: Behind the Laughter was sooo funny.

You just can't beat The Redheaded Stranger reuniting the family.
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Nov 2005, 20:41

Tonight's Halloween special was one of the strongest episodes I've seen in a very long time. Lots of good moments, especially in the last two segments.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby ScottJergenson » 07 Nov 2005, 10:16

I stopped watching and caring about 2 years ago. I loved this show and gave it about 2-3 years to come back around, but it was flat out terrible for a those 2-3 years with maybe 4 good episodes a season. I hate what they've done to this show.

It got to the point where I can't even fully enjoy the old episodes because I become angry thinking about how bad the show has gotten.
ScottJergenson
Another dude worth meeting

Postby SouthernYokel » 07 Nov 2005, 10:19

ScottJergenson wrote:It got to the point where I can't even fully enjoy the old episodes because I become angry thinking about how bad the show has gotten.

That's silly. You can just do like I do and forget they even exist. Nothing ruins my enjoyment of cape feare, the time-travel toaster and the shinnin.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 07 Nov 2005, 10:21

The time-travelling toaster was on last week. I love that episode.

DAD!! Your hand is stuck in the toaster!!!! AHHHHH!!!!

Its in there again!!!!!

I definitely haven't enjoyed the past few seasons, and haven't actually watched it on a Sunday in a long time, but last night's episode was excellent.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 07 Nov 2005, 10:26

i didn't really love yesterday's episode, but it was better than most of their stuff has been recently. The intro with kang and kodos was the best part (not a good sign). Also, the best 2 jokes (the boring baseball joke and bart sawing through homer to kill the robot bart) were run into the ground by the promos. That said, I did like when everyone turned into their costumes and Quimby turned into Mayor McCheese. That was very very funny.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby fatty » 10 Nov 2005, 20:30

Big Scary Monster wrote:The one where Homer smokes Medical Marijuana is one of the funniest ever and that was in Season 13.

"Ya know, they call 'em fingers, but I never seen 'em fing...oh, wait...there they go..."

Awesome episode. Haven't seen the latest Treehouse of Horror, but TiVo has it waiting for me.
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby Hank__Scorpio » 11 Nov 2005, 08:47

jack_daniels wrote:still........those golden years from season 3-8 will never come back. the simpsons were in top form then and it is such a joke to see the new direction the show is taking(less adult-oriented, more stunts:celebrity or physical, basically more child-oriented;i mean sure thats what the advertisers are aiming for and it will continue to make the Simpsons a huge cash cow, but....i dont know its just not the same anymore)....

I'm with you, it seems that every new episode I've seen (admittedly, its been awhile since I've seen a new one...) is either 'homer has zany scheme X', ' the simpsons go to a random country' or 'screw the plot, we're just throwing as many guest stars on there as possible'.

Maybe I'm not being fair to the show, but I just don't care anymore.
Hank__Scorpio
Vapid Slag

Postby Briandong79 » 11 Nov 2005, 08:55

Hank__Scorpio wrote:
I'm with you, it seems that every new episode I've seen (admittedly, its been awhile since I've seen a new one...) is either 'homer has zany scheme X', ' the simpsons go to a random country' or 'screw the plot, we're just throwing as many guest stars on there as possible'.

Maybe I'm not being fair to the show, but I just don't care anymore.

I don't watch the new episodes often anymore either, though I did actually enjoy the Halloween special last week (as stated above).

I think one of the biggest mistakes that The Simpsons does now is to make such a big deal about bringing the famous people on to be guest stars, and they have to play themselves. Well, there's no logical way to work most celebrities into the story line. Arcs like Aerosmith at Moe's worked somewhat, and the Krusty Komeback Special worked as well. Leonard Nimoy on the monorail was perfect. But having Homer help Mel Gibson direct a movie, becoming Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin's personal assistant, etc, just doesn't work. It was better back in the day where they had people like Albert Brooks (Jacque, Hank Scorpio, Brad Goodman, etc), James Earl Jones, and others do voices that actually blended in with the storyline.

And yes, having them go to some other country every season is just dumb.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Next

Return to TV