Worst commercial on TV (Sponsored by GEICO)

Re: Worst commercial on TV (Sponsored by Chevy Silverado)

Postby Gaylord2 » 16 Jan 2017, 10:49

That stupid Bill Cowher Verizon commercial where he says the perfect mix of football and life is watching a football game at a kids party on your phone, with your wife (?!?!) really grinds my gears.

Yeah Cowher, I wouldn't be getting quite enough "life" enjoying one football game on a big screen TV, in the quiet of a basement. I'd really be missing my kids running around and ruining the game for me, and a game is always much more enjoyable on a tiny phone. Is this guy a moron, senile, or just a shameless sellout?! This commercial really angers me.
Gaylord2
Farva's Driver

Postby Goose » 16 Jan 2017, 10:51

Gaylord2 wrote:That stupid Bill Cowher Verizon commercial where he says the perfect mix of football and life is watching a football game at a kids party on your phone, with your wife (?!?!) really grinds my gears.

Yeah Cowher, I wouldn't be getting quite enough "life" enjoying one football game on a big screen TV, in the quiet of a basement. I'd really be missing my kids running around and ruining the game for me, and a game is always much more enjoyable on a tiny phone. Is this guy a moron, senile, or just a shameless sellout?! This commercial really angers me.

That commercial is terrible and stupid, but I think that for Cowher the money was probably right, so I'm going to go with C and pick shameless sellout.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby TheWolf » 16 Jan 2017, 10:56

Yeah, I'd say Cowher is a shameless sellout, while Verizon is a bunch of morons who think the rest of us are also morons. Someone involved may be senile, too.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 16 Jan 2017, 16:29

on the other hand, i think his delivery of "maybe not enough life" is very good.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 20 Jan 2017, 12:00

The SJWs are in an uproar about this ad. They believe it is raycess. I think it is just lame like most advertising is.

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Jan 2017, 12:30

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:The SJWs are in an uproar about this ad. They believe it is raycess. I think it is just lame like most advertising is.

Emma
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BigJohnStudd » 28 Feb 2017, 16:47

Is that Old Navy commercial with Amy Schumer bitching at her friends supposed to make me want to shop there? Also, am I supposed to believe that Old Navy carries pants in Amy Schumer's size? She weighs as much as the other 4 gals put together.

I also don't buy her as the "cool aunt" in whatever commercial she does with that little girl. I can't even remember what it's for.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Feb 2017, 16:48

BigJohnStudd wrote:Is that Old Navy commercial with Amy Schumer bitching at her friends supposed to make me want to shop there? Also, am I supposed to believe that Old Navy carries pants in Amy Schumer's size? She weighs as much as the other 4 gals put together.

I also don't buy her as the "cool aunt" in whatever commercial she does with that little girl. I can't even remember what it's for.

I'm comfortable in saying that based on my personal observation of Old Navy customers, I can assure you that they do in fact carry pants in a size sufficient to fit Ms. Schumer.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 28 Feb 2017, 16:49

Briandong79 wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:Is that Old Navy commercial with Amy Schumer bitching at her friends supposed to make me want to shop there? Also, am I supposed to believe that Old Navy carries pants in Amy Schumer's size? She weighs as much as the other 4 gals put together.

I'm comfortable in saying that based on my personal observation of Old Navy customers, I can assure you that they do in fact carry pants in a size sufficient to fit Ms. Schumer.

That shitty book by Jane Austen.

I still laughed at bjs' question, though.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Re: Worst commercial on TV (Sponsored by GEICO)

Postby mj3528 » 09 Mar 2017, 13:06

the 6 commercial where Michael Smith and Jemelle Hill take suggestions from characters played by them for their show.

"What about more classic hip hop"

"More Movies"

"What about more Michael and Jemelle"

What about you leave and never promise to be on my TV screen again
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 09 Mar 2017, 13:46

I do not care for the ESPN NBA commercials featuring that "Turn Down for What" song.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Mar 2017, 21:23

The Budweiser "Peach-A-Rita" ad. it uses that old Jagged Edge song, Where the Party At. Which is fine except what is the first thing you think of when you hear that song? "WHERE THE BACARDI AT," right??? Why would budweiser use a song that references another alcohol company in their own ad? idiots
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mister bacon » 09 Mar 2017, 21:44

SouthernYokel wrote:The Budweiser "Peach-A-Rita" ad. it uses that old Jagged Edge song, Where the Party At. Which is fine except what is the first thing you think of when you hear that song? "WHERE THE BACARDI AT," right??? Why would budweiser use a song that references another alcohol company in their own ad? idiots

the best part about that is that you know they had AT LEAST seven meetings about that one topic, and 10 sign-offs before they began airing the commercial. god corporate america blows.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby bosux » 11 Mar 2017, 21:26

thread title is a misnomer...geico commercials are great
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Mar 2017, 22:48

bosux wrote:thread title is a misnomer...geico commercials are great

Yeah Progressive is the real violator as far as insurance company advertisers go. Bout 10 years past time to send flo to the mascot island with the dell kid and the budweiser frogs and a chainsaw wielding maniac
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Previous

Return to TV