Worst commercial on TV (Sponsored by GEICO)

Worst commercial on TV (Sponsored by GEICO)

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Mar 2005, 14:45

You know that commercial where the soda vendor is in the stadium, the guy orders a 7-Up, and the vendor gives him a substitute beverage (presumably Sprite) and says "same thing, right?" The customer then spits out the offending liquid, and says "no! It's not the same!" He then picks up the vendor, Twisted Sister starts playing, and the fans pass him out of the stadium crowd-surfing style to a store where he can get 7-Up because all lemon-lime drinks "are not the same"? I just wanted to say I really really really hate that commercial. I cringe whenever it comes on. Have you ever had a commercial where something about it just rubbed you the wrong way and seeing the ad actually angered you?
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby fatty » 11 Mar 2005, 17:01

I believe it was about 2-3 years ago the truck commercials (Ford I think) busted out Aerosmith and "JUST PUSH PLAY!!"

AARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I'm turning green just thinking about it.
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby JohnnyDamon » 11 Mar 2005, 23:07

the truth.com ads royally piss me off, and it actually nearly makes me want to smoke.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby fatty » 12 Mar 2005, 00:30

"Paging doctor goggles, Doctor Beer Goggles - You're needed in the worst commercial thread"

You know you want to say Verizon...
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Magnum » 12 Mar 2005, 00:49

die subway commercials. die.
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby Beer Goggles » 12 Mar 2005, 00:54

fatty wrote:"Paging doctor goggles, Doctor Beer Goggles - You're needed in the worst commercial thread"

You know you want to say Verizon...

I'm here boys. What do we need? Looks like Tank wants to punch somebody. Well, my friends, feel free to continue this thread in "punchables." Don't feel any shame about this because violent fantasies don't really hurt anybody. Doctor's orders.

Beer Goggles
Rocky Balboa

Postby fatty » 12 Mar 2005, 00:56

Just what the doctor ordered...thx goggles.

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Beer Goggles » 12 Mar 2005, 02:22

fatty wrote:
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

PRECISELY!
Beer Goggles
Rocky Balboa

Postby randy savage » 12 Mar 2005, 08:36

The worst commercial in television history, without question, ran about a year ago. It was a McDonalds commerical for the new turkey rap, with a sort of rap song sung by some lady who was going to a baby shower. For those of you who remember this commerical, you have to agree it is at least one of the top 15, 20 worst commercials of all time, because I know there are a lot of other horrible ones out there. This was the only one that used to make me scream "NOOOOO!!!" and scramble for the remote.
randy savage
Grantland Editor

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Mar 2005, 09:45

randy savage wrote:The worst commercial in television history, without question, ran about a year ago. It was a McDonalds commerical for the new turkey rap, with a sort of rap song sung by some lady who was going to a baby shower. For those of you who remember this commerical, you have to agree it is at least one of the top 15, 20 worst commercials of all time, because I know there are a lot of other horrible ones out there. This was the only one that used to make me scream "NOOOOO!!!" and scramble for the remote.

I remember the one you're talking about. I'd put in the worst-10 list, with McDonalds probably owning more sports in the worst-100 than any other company out there. The "get your hands off my chicken selects" guy was atrocious, and the fact that they made a second commercial using him proves how little McDonalds understands the concept of marketing.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby mister bacon » 12 Mar 2005, 14:28

The McDonalds ads featuring Calvin also were terrible. You mean people will look up to you in "the community" if your cooking fucking fries at mcDonalds? Ummm, no.

Try getting a date when you alwasy smell like chicken nuggets.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Mar 2005, 14:53

mister bacon wrote:Try getting a date when you alwasy smell like chicken nuggets.

Everybody knows that if you want to get the babes you have to smell like a chalupa.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Big Scary Monster » 12 Mar 2005, 17:06

Has anyone seen the new Burger King commercial with Hootie in it? It is climbing the charts as the worst commercial ever. And in case you missed it, thats Brooke Burk in the background on the swing... very fucked up.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Mar 2005, 17:34

Yeah, I've seen it. Has it really been that long since Darius Rucker and the Blowfish were the next sure thing? Instead of a one-hit wonder they were a one-album wonder.

Brooke Burke could convince me to do many things, but buy a fast food burger isn't one of them.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby fatty » 12 Mar 2005, 17:50

All I know is I want to live in a land where breasts grow on trees. I just don't want them to be made into sandwiches.
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Next

Return to TV