Veep

Re: Veep

Postby Dthefritz » 08 May 2017, 20:29

Briandong79 wrote:Image

Anna Chlumsky is rapidly rising up my irrational attraction rankings.

1 - gooble gobble
2 - Why is it so irrational? I mean there are certainly prettier little flowers in the valley of showbiz, but I don't see why you would need a second thought in re: plowing her.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JT99 » 09 May 2017, 06:34

Dthefritz wrote:

1 - gooble gobble
2 - Why is it so irrational? I mean there are certainly prettier little flowers in the valley of showbiz, but I don't see why you would need a second thought in re: plowing her.

The "irrational" part isn't finding her hot.

It's the part where you rank someone substantially higher than the rest of the population.

For example, while the world might find Miss Chlumsky to be a 7.5, Dong might have her as a 9.0.

Everyone has people like this.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Dthefritz » 09 May 2017, 18:15

JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

1 - gooble gobble

It's the part where you rank someone substantially higher than the rest of the population.

For example, while the world might find Miss Chlumsky to be a 7.5, Dong might have her as a 9.0.

I get what you're saying. I just don't think a 1.5 difference in the scale is "irrational" so much as a matter of personal taste. I also think Anna Chlumsky is a perfectly cromulent choice for the illustrious role of "girl from TV I'm into right now".
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 09 May 2017, 19:54

That b is not a 7.5. I say she's a perfect irrational hot girl, since she appears to be quite dogged.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 May 2017, 19:57

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:That b is not a 7.5. I say she's a perfect irrational hot girl, since she appears to be quite dogged.

She is north of a 7.5 She looks good in still photos and then increases turgidity with her potty mouth. I am surprised you of all people Ball do not see this having grown up around people who have circulatory systems that consist mostly of cheese whiz, half of whom represented your available dating pool.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 09 May 2017, 20:10

Frank the Tank wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:That b is not a 7.5. I say she's a perfect irrational hot girl, since she appears to be quite dogged.

She is north of a 7.5 She looks good in still photos and then increases turgidity with her potty mouth. I am surprised you of all people Ball do not see this having grown up around people who have circulatory systems that consist mostly of cheese whiz, half of whom represented your available dating pool.

Ok fine. Hollywood 7.5. RL 6. Or 5.5.

I don't watch the show, so I can only factor in this pic, which I have to assume is prob her best pic you can find.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby JT99 » 09 May 2017, 21:30

Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

1 - gooble gobble

I get what you're saying. I just don't think a 1.5 difference in the scale is "irrational" so much as a matter of personal taste. I also think Anna Chlumsky is a perfectly cromulent choice for the illustrious role of "girl from TV I'm into right now".

Well, the scale and the 1.5 difference were simply examples.

If it helps, thinks of it this way....Perhaps most people have her listed as a "top 200" hottie, but Dong might have her as a "Top 20". Thus, "irrational".

Worthy of note....

1. "irrational" should not be taken literally in this context
2. Dong might not, in fact, have her as a top 20

Essentially, the point is this....Dong recognizes that he is overvaluing her hotness.

The rest of us have opted to agree that "irrational hotness" is an acceptable shorthand for saying, "Hey, I'm attracted to this woman more than I should be."

Other shorthand suggestions will be accepted in lieu of all of the trauma surrounding the current term.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Dthefritz » 09 May 2017, 21:56

JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

1 - gooble gobble

Well, the scale and the 1.5 difference were simply examples.

If it helps, thinks of it this way....Perhaps most people have her listed as a "top 200" hottie, but Dong might have her as a "Top 20". Thus, "irrational".

Worthy of note....

1. "irrational" should not be taken literally in this context
2. Dong might not, in fact, have her as a top 20

Essentially, the point is this....Dong recognizes that he is overvaluing her hotness.

The rest of us have opted to agree that "irrational hotness" is an acceptable shorthand for saying, "Hey, I'm attracted to this woman more than I should be."

Other shorthand suggestions will be accepted in lieu of all of the trauma surrounding the current term.

Look...I appreciate what you're trying to do here, but I fully understood you the first time. I'm sticking by my taek. Sometimes, as in the case with Blink-182 and everybody else my age, I am right and everybody is wrong. This is one of those times. Probably. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go slide into her DM's before Dong realizes the foolishness of his self doubt.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JT99 » 09 May 2017, 22:18

You vex me

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Briandong79 » 10 May 2017, 08:05

I know this is pointless, and that 99 and I are arguing what seems to be something perfectly cromulent, but I do have an illustration of what I mean.

Let's take a handful of shows that are being discussed around the board. Let's take Kim from Better Call Saul (can't think of her name IRL), Selina from Veep (Julia Louis Dreyfuss, obviously), that chick from Fargo and The Leftovers (Carrie Coon), and just to make my point very clear, the main woman from The Americans (Felicity). I would take Amy/Anna Chlumsky over any of them.

I know that's irrational, but that's why she's on my irrational list!
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 May 2017, 08:12

Briandong79 wrote:I know this is pointless, and that 99 and I are arguing what seems to be something perfectly cromulent, but I do have an illustration of what I mean.

Let's take a handful of shows that are being discussed around the board. Let's take Kim from Better Call Saul (can't think of her name IRL), Selina from Veep (Julia Louis Dreyfuss, obviously), that chick from Fargo and The Leftovers (Carrie Coon), and just to make my point very clear, the main woman from The Americans (Felicity). I would take Amy/Anna Chlumsky over any of them.

I can see what your saying. She's an uggo. You'd have to be deranged to find her hot.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby JT99 » 10 May 2017, 08:54

Bottom line? Veep is the funniest show currently in production. Suck a dick, Bojackers!

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby BigJohnStudd » 11 May 2017, 16:27

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I know this is pointless, and that 99 and I are arguing what seems to be something perfectly cromulent, but I do have an illustration of what I mean.

I can see what your saying. She's an uggo. You'd have to be deranged to find her hot.

79 can't see without his glasses.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Briandong79 » 31 May 2017, 08:22

The scene where the Congressional committee is reading off Jonah's nicknames from the Jonad file is legitimately one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in a show.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Dthefritz » 31 May 2017, 17:09

Briandong79 wrote:The scene where the Congressional committee is reading off Jonah's nicknames from the Jonad file is legitimately one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in a show.

Co-sign this. Easy series highlight. Jack and the Giant Jack Off is probably my favorite.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

PreviousNext

Return to TV