American Gods

American Gods

Postby Briandong79 » 15 Mar 2017, 11:56

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Re: American Gods

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Mar 2017, 10:58

About a month away, we've got character posters!
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/83101 ... s#/slide/1
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Briandong79 » 01 May 2017, 09:12

Spoiler heavy review of episode 1:

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Best show I've ever seen where a man gets eaten by a vagina.

The visuals in this show are something else. The actual plot is a little all over the place (I'd be so lost if I hadn't read the books). Nick Sobotka is absolutely great as Mad Sweeney, he was my favorite part about the first episode. That and the one chick wanting to get her dignity back by fucking Shadow in a graveyard and then spitting his cum onto her dead husband's grave. McShane is great as you'd expect. The main guy was fine in the bar scenes, when he was trying to do the heavy lifting on the beginning of the show, he wasn't up to it. Great update to Technical Boy, him being a vaping rich kid is perfect.

Apparently there is going to be a LOT of nudity in this show. Lots of tits, lots of dicks, lots of everything.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 May 2017, 09:38

Last night I peeped this dong.

Not bad. And I've always wanted to see a Murray brother in a sex scene! said no one ever. McShane continues his roll as being the man. If Tarantino watched that last scene he'd be all 'hey, hey, seriously guys hey, maybe tone it down with the blood.

I have no idea what's going on. I'm on board.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TheWolf » 02 May 2017, 09:41

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Last night I peeped this dong.

Which dong?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 08 May 2017, 08:29

Thought this episode was better than the premiere.

1. The opening was awesome. As I tweeted, who expected Orlando Jones to be that good when he was shilling 7-Up back in the day? Exactly perfect casting for Anansi.

2. Thought McShane was a bit better in this episode, got more funny lines

3. 2 dongs. 2 pairs of tits. Equality!

4. Hey, wanna see Lucy's tits?

5. Not really a cliffhanger when you're threatening your main character with death 2 episodes in. Game of Thrones didn't change things THAT much to make that really suspenseful.

6. Stromare and Cloris Leachman, as well as the mute sister, were all hilarious though.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 09 May 2017, 08:22

Briandong79 wrote:1. The opening was awesome. As I tweeted, who expected Orlando Jones to be that good when he was shilling 7-Up back in the day? Exactly perfect casting for Anansi.

Nobody cares about your tweets, dong, but yeah that opening was the tits. The dick pic made me laugh as well.

The vagina monster continues to confound me. Hey, just like the real world amirite?
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Briandong79 » 15 May 2017, 08:48

Cool opening. Loved that character from the book, looking forward to seeing him again next week!

That was some gay sex.

The bank robbery plot was entertaining. The rest of the episode seemed a bit slower. Still really good though.

Seems like the god interludes are getting longer.

Interesting they are going to entangle Mad Sweeney and Laura's stories a bit, it seems.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 17 May 2017, 09:37

Briandong79 wrote:That was some gay sex.

And how! Then again, if gay sex leads me to the wish of being a cabdriver, is it worth it?

Interesting they are going to entangle Mad Sweeney and Laura's stories a bit, it seems.

I don't know what that means.

I was waiting for Anubis to be a dick. "Let's show her what's behind door 4! It's.....immeasurable sadness!"
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Briandong79 » 17 May 2017, 09:42

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:That was some gay sex.

And how! Then again, if gay sex leads me to the wish of being a cabdriver, is it worth it?

I don't know what that means.

I was waiting for Anubis to be a dick. "Let's show her what's behind door 4! It's.....immeasurable sadness!"

I was listening to a podcast about the show and apparently they had to reshoot the gay sex scene because after it was shot, they were showing it to Bryan Fuller (who is gay) and he basically told the director, think about where your dick is, where are there holes on the other person, and think about whether the positions you shot here are even remotely anatomically possible. I laughed.

I get the feeling that they are going to give Mad Sweeney more of a role in the show than he has in the book, and given that his coin is the one that resurrected Laura apparently, I think they are going to have their stories come together. That's just a guess though, not something I know.

I did enjoy the cat shoving her through the door. Cats are such dicks.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Briandong79 » 22 May 2017, 11:08

Huh. That was a different episode. Emily Browning kind of does it for me, even though the wife and I were estimating at 5'0 and about 90 lbs. And she was playing a depressed suicidal cheater. Thought the episode was pretty slow to start, but picked up after she died (as things are wont to do). The scene with Robbie's ex wife was as good as the show has done so far.

That is the role that Dane Cook was born to play.

ETA: Smidge graphic (not nudity, violence & blood)

Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 23 May 2017, 09:29

Briandong79 wrote:The scene with Robbie's ex wife was as good as the show has done so far.

Yes it was. Never shat embalming fluid before but that seems about right.

That is the role that Dane Cook was born to play.

Ha! And accurate.

ETA: Smidge graphic (not nudity, violence & blood)

Ain't that a kick in the balls /deano

And she's been saying puppy this whole time??? Ok.

Also, yeah, Browning does it for me. As long as she slapped me first.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Return to TV