The Good Place

Re: The Good Place

Postby TheWolf » 21 Nov 2017, 21:20

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Every few weeks I catch part of this show and say "I should really watch this every week." Then I never remember to do so. Wolfette watches it regularly and commented the other day that I laugh at it more than she does, despite not really knowing who anyone is or anything. I'm not sure what my point is.

Your point is your wife is smarter than you.

For watching a show she doesn't laugh at?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 21 Nov 2017, 21:27

TheWolf wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Every few weeks I catch part of this show and say "I should really watch this every week." Then I never remember to do so. Wolfette watches it regularly and commented the other day that I laugh at it more than she does, despite not really knowing who anyone is or anything. I'm not sure what my point is.

Your point is your wife is smarter than you.

For watching a show she doesn't laugh at?

Hi. Read that first sentence you wrote. Then the second. Then the third. Then fourth.

Also see who’s touting this show.

So...yeah.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Nov 2017, 08:23

I’ve started re-watching season 1. Making me appreciate Ted Danson’s performance even more now that I know... (don’t click on spoiler until you’ve finished season 1)

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
That Danson and Bell were the only cast members to know all through season 1 about the end-of-season twist.

Video footage of Schur telling the cast about the twist prior to shooting that episode is here
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BigJohnStudd » 05 Jan 2018, 00:26

I watched an episode of this. The one where she keeps figuring out they're in the bad place. It was pretty all right. Maybe I'll try to watch some more. At least it was only 20 minutes.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby chrisco » 05 Jan 2018, 08:27

BigJohnStudd wrote:I watched an episode of this. The one where she keeps figuring out they're in the bad place. It was pretty all right. Maybe I'll try to watch some more. At least it was only 20 minutes.

You should catch some more. That's a tough one to start on.

New half season started up. Good episode. Blake Bortles was prominently involved.

Ted Danson killed it in that roast.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby the cheese » 05 Jan 2018, 09:29

chrisco wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:I watched an episode of this. The one where she keeps figuring out they're in the bad place. It was pretty all right. Maybe I'll try to watch some more. At least it was only 20 minutes.

New half season started up. Good episode. Blake Bortles was prominently involved.

This show is so fucking funny. I love it. It's the first show that's come out on network TV that I have liked since...I don't know.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 05 Jan 2018, 10:03

the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

This show is so fucking funny. I love it. It's the first show that's come out on network TV that I have liked since...I don't know.

Happy Endings?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby the cheese » 05 Jan 2018, 11:38

mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Happy Endings?

Probably. I mean, I liked Brooklyn 99 and New Girl, but both of those I ignored or abandoned for long periods of time. Happy Endings seasons 1 and 2 were perfect. Season 3 was pretty, prettay good.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 05 Jan 2018, 18:04

the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Happy Endings?

Happy Endings is a Mount Rushmore network comedy for me, along with Arrested Development, 30 Rock, and Seinfeld.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 08 Jan 2018, 17:16

Season 1 Gag Reel.

Like most gag reels, mildly amusing to fans of the show, irritating to those who’ve never seen it.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Dthefritz » 08 Jan 2018, 19:49

Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Happy Endings?

Happy Endings is a Mount Rushmore network comedy for me, along with Arrested Development, 30 Rock, and Seinfeld.

FTT - did Armond White steal your login info, or did you just give it to him?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 Jan 2018, 07:50

Dthefritz wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Happy Endings?

I don’t know who that is, so he probably catfished me with an alias.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Dthefritz » 09 Jan 2018, 07:56

Frank the Tank wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Happy Endings?

He's a notorious contrarian film critic, who writes things like:

Justice League > The Last Jedi
Zack Snyder’s best moments raise comic book sci-fi to eye-widening, soul-stirring art while the unoriginal, interminable Star Wars series trains kids of various IQs to be mindless consumers.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby TheWolf » 09 Jan 2018, 08:03

Dthefritz wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Happy Endings?

Zack Snyder’s best moments raise comic book sci-fi to eye-widening, soul-stirring art while the unoriginal, interminable Star Wars series trains kids of various IQs to be mindless consumers.

So Frank is being contrarian by saying 4 really funny shows are his 4 favorite comedies?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 09 Jan 2018, 08:06

TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Happy Endings?

So Frank is being contrarian by saying 4 really funny shows are his 4 favorite comedies?

No, it seemed like overpraising Happy Endings by putting it in that category, akin to calling Justice League "soul-stiring art". Granted, I've never seen the show, but that's neither here nor there.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

PreviousNext

Return to TV