Re: The Good Place

Postby ctz31 » 13 Feb 2018, 09:47

CourtesyFlush wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
JT99 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I watched 4 eps last evening of season duce. Danson is still the best. Next ep up is the one y'all have ranked as #1. Can't wait to contra take!

Nice! I look forward to you agreeing with us because you're normal, followed by Kite saying you contra-contra'd us.

I can't really take issue with your Danson love, but sometimes Janet is my favorite character.

I've been talked into watching this show by you maniacs and I'm happy about it.

Janet is best character, no doubt.

Danson is arguably the #1 sitcom actor in television history at this point (Cheers, Becker, Curb, and Good Place). Who says no?

I don't think I can come up with a better choice. And I've only watched like 6 episodes combined of Becker and Curb.

Someone come up with some other candidates so we can debate this.

I can't even think of anyone that has been in multiple hit sitcoms other than the casts from sein and friends doing their own thing after those shows expired. Al bundy?

Bundy is a decent choice. Two great characters, but nothing in between. I'd give Danson the edge for having both quality and quantity. But yeah, other than those Sein/Friends people getting their own shows, and some people who got spin-offs, who the else has even been on multiple good shows? Michael J Fox? David Spade? Puddy? Tim Allen? The kid from Roseanne that's on Big Bang?

JLD is probably the correct answer if we don't have separate male/female categories.

If there's a supporting actor category in this discussion, I nominate Jerry Stiller for his excellent work on Sein and King of Queens.

I think Betty White is up there with JLD for her work in Mary Tyler Moore and The Golden Girls. And for Hot in Cleveland as well.

Whenever you forget that Curt flush is actually a geriatric in a 45 year old marathoners body.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby JichaelDick » 13 Feb 2018, 09:49

Mary Tyler Moore doesn't have quite the quantity, but she had something like 15 seasons between the Dick van Dyke Show and Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Ronny Howard could get a nod for Andy Griffith, Happy Days, and Arrested Development.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby BigJohnStudd » 15 Feb 2018, 01:00

JichaelDick wrote:Mary Tyler Moore doesn't have quite the quantity, but she had something like 15 seasons between the Dick van Dyke Show and Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Ronny Howard could get a nod for Andy Griffith, Happy Days, and Arrested Development.

Skipped right over Barney Fife and Mr. Furley. And you call yourself a fan.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby JichaelDick » 15 Feb 2018, 04:05

BigJohnStudd wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Mary Tyler Moore doesn't have quite the quantity, but she had something like 15 seasons between the Dick van Dyke Show and Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Skipped right over Barney Fife and Mr. Furley. And you call yourself a fan.

Don Knotts was the comedic glue that made Andy Griffith work. I'm a huge Knotts guy. He didn't have the longevity or quantity. For pure quality, he is certainly in the discussion.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Previous

Return to TV