The Good Place

Re: The Good Place

Postby TheWolf » 05 Feb 2018, 08:18

I've watched a bunch of this over the past week. I think I'm on episode 10 or 11, will likely finish season 1 today. Really enjoying it. Thanks to everyone who rec'd it.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby TheWolf » 08 Feb 2018, 08:20

TheWolf wrote:I've watched a bunch of this over the past week. I think I'm on episode 10 or 11, will likely finish season 1 today. Really enjoying it. Thanks to everyone who rec'd it.

I'm through episode 5 of Season 2, the one with the trolley. That might have been my favorite episode yet. Several LOLs. I think I woke my wife up once from laughing so hard. This show is fantastic. OK.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 08 Feb 2018, 11:01

TheWolf wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I've watched a bunch of this over the past week. I think I'm on episode 10 or 11, will likely finish season 1 today. Really enjoying it. Thanks to everyone who rec'd it.

I'm through episode 5 of Season 2, the one with the trolley. That might have been my favorite episode yet. Several LOLs. I think I woke my wife up once from laughing so hard. This show is fantastic. OK.

There are so many good episodes of this show, but if I had to go Top 5 I’d say:

1) Chapter 19: The Trolley Problem
2) Chapter 24: Rhonda, Diana, Jake, and Trent
3) Chapter 16: Dance Dance Resolution
4) Chapter 7: The Eternal Shriek
5) Chapter 20: Janet and Michael
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby ctz31 » 09 Feb 2018, 09:24

Ok, i watched the first 5 eps. It wasn't fantastic or anything, but enough to hook me through 5 eps, so that means i will finish it. I was ready to turn it off after 5 minutes, but then when bell revealed that she was actually a filthy skank i admired the twist and continued.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » 09 Feb 2018, 09:27

ctz31 wrote:Ok, i watched the first 5 eps. It wasn't fantastic or anything, but enough to hook me through 5 eps, so that means i will finish it. I was ready to turn it off after 5 minutes, but then when bell revealed that she was actually a filthy skank i admired the twist and continued.

Glad to hear you sort of enjoyed. I had a similar reaction in the first 5 minutes. Even after 2 or 3 eps I wasn't sure what all the hype was about. But IMO it really hit its stride after that, and I'm a big fan. I just watched 3 more this morning because I'm responsible. I think I only have 4 eps left in Season 2 now. Maybe 5. No way to know.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 Feb 2018, 10:26

TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:Ok, i watched the first 5 eps. It wasn't fantastic or anything, but enough to hook me through 5 eps, so that means i will finish it. I was ready to turn it off after 5 minutes, but then when bell revealed that she was actually a filthy skank i admired the twist and continued.

Glad to hear you sort of enjoyed. I had a similar reaction in the first 5 minutes. Even after 2 or 3 eps I wasn't sure what all the hype was about. But IMO it really hit its stride after that, and I'm a big fan. I just watched 3 more this morning because I'm responsible. I think I only have 4 eps left in Season 2 now. Maybe 5. No way to know.

The twist at the end of the third episode is where it takes off IMHO.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby ctz31 » 12 Feb 2018, 09:48

I finished season 1. It was good! I think Danson is actually my favorite character in this for some reason. It seems as FTT indicated, season 2 is not available on the flix. Disappointing!
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » 12 Feb 2018, 09:50

ctz31 wrote:I finished season 1. It was good! I think Danson is actually my favorite character in this for some reason. It seems as FTT indicated, season 2 is not available on the flix. Disappointing!

Do you have cable? Season 2 is on demand.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 12 Feb 2018, 09:56

TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I finished season 1. It was good! I think Danson is actually my favorite character in this for some reason. It seems as FTT indicated, season 2 is not available on the flix. Disappointing!

Do you have cable? Season 2 is on demand.

I do have cable. I am not aware of an on demand service for cable. What a wacky world we live in.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » 12 Feb 2018, 10:08

ctz31 wrote:I am not aware of an on demand service for cable.

This is Peak 31, right? I'm speechless.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 12 Feb 2018, 10:10

TheWolf wrote:

I am aware you can DVR programs to watch at a later date, and even dvr full seasons! But on demand sounds like it would be an upcharge.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Briandong79 » 12 Feb 2018, 10:11

TheWolf wrote:

Pretty much. It's available in HD too!

We started watching Season 2 last night from...alternative sources. Knocked off the first 2 eps last night.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Magnum » 12 Feb 2018, 10:12

ctz31 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

I am aware you can DVR programs to watch at a later date, and even dvr full seasons! But on demand sounds like it would be an upcharge.

Could probably just watch on the NBC app too. :beatsme:
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby TheWolf » 12 Feb 2018, 10:18

Magnum wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Good point. 31, an app (short for "application") is a program that people with smartphones, iPads, Kindles, and other mobile devices can install, in order to perform additional functions that the phone could not otherwise do on its own. The NBC app that Mags mentioned is one that allows users to watch programs from the NBC television network on such devices.

ANYWAY, I have 3 eps left. I have caught up to my wife and we watched one together last night. It was enjoyable.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby BigJohnStudd » 13 Feb 2018, 03:07

TheWolf wrote:
Magnum wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Good point. 31, an app (short for "application") is a program that people with smartphones, iPads, Kindles, and other mobile devices can install, in order to perform additional functions that the phone could not otherwise do on its own. The NBC app that Mags mentioned is one that allows users to watch programs from the NBC television network on such devices.

ANYWAY, I have 3 eps left. I have caught up to my wife and we watched one together last night. It was enjoyable.

App is also short for "appetizer", which is a small amount of food you eat before the main part of your meal. They include jalapeno poppers, mozzarella sticks, and loaded potato skins. They are intended to satisfy your appetite (hence the name!) until the waitress brings your entree.

We ordered appetizers last night. They were enjoyable.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

PreviousNext

Return to TV