Westworld

Re: Westworld

Postby Briandong79 » 29 Nov 2016, 09:27

I enjoyed it. I've known about all the twists through the internets but my wife has been surprised by them for the most part (insert typical woman SOTSG comment here). I really like it. I'm still the most curious what they are going to do with "Wyatt." Doesn't seem like he can just be the regular guy who is shown in Teddy's flashbacks.

Obviously there have been other Maeve like robots before because of how Teddy described feeling like he was possessed during the massacre, right?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gregs Kite » 29 Nov 2016, 09:33

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
When Ford says that humans are alone in the world are we meant to interpret this as they have destroyed Earth, or at least all the animals, wildlife, etc? If so, where are all the tourists coming from?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 29 Nov 2016, 09:49

I saw some speculation on that, I think it was more of an abstract, top of the food chain type of thing, but maybe?

Also, I think Elsie is really dead. :sad:
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby PhillyJim76 » 04 Dec 2016, 23:25

What a steaming hot pile of dog shit this show is. Just because you speak in riddles and have geeks on the internet tracking every tiny amount of minutae from your show doesn't make it good. LOST was the same bullshit. Recommendation to avoid
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Frank the Tank » 05 Dec 2016, 08:04

PhillyJim76 wrote:What a steaming hot pile of dog shit this show is. Just because you speak in riddles and have geeks on the internet tracking every tiny amount of minutae from your show doesn't make it good. LOST was the same bullshit. Recommendation to avoid

Very curious to see where next season goes. Didn't love the finale. Didn't hate it either. Will be back for season two. Sorry PJ.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Briandong79 » 05 Dec 2016, 09:37

I thought it was solid. Too heavy on the over dramatic philosophy but it tied the William-MiB storyline together nicely, wonder if next season will be like an invasion of the park by the humans trying to take back control? I expect Harris and some of the other humans to not be killed and become essentially hostages.

Samurai World was a nice touch.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby ONTB » 05 Dec 2016, 12:11

I enjoyed it, but it seemed to go from 0 to 60 in a blink. We never really saw what the park was about for your average tourist. Would have been nice to see more of the narratives played as straight narratives to demonstrate the appeal.
They did some of that with the William flashbacks, but even that had the woke robot overtones.

Supposedly they have this outlined for 4 or 5 seasons. With season one ending with the hosts essentially taking over the park, I'm not sure how they'll stretch the story for that many seasons. Unless the story is much bigger than what's happening in the park. I guess we'll find out in two years. It seems as if they were hedging their bets as the ending to season one could have more or less wrapped up the series had it not been renewed.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby PhillyJim76 » 05 Dec 2016, 15:46

Frank the Tank wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:What a steaming hot pile of dog shit this show is. Just because you speak in riddles and have geeks on the internet tracking every tiny amount of minutae from your show doesn't make it good. LOST was the same bullshit. Recommendation to avoid

Very curious to see where next season goes. Didn't love the finale. Didn't hate it either. Will be back for season two. Sorry PJ.

No worries. I'm sure I will too it just seemed made up on the fly. Just my two cents
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Gregs Kite » 06 Dec 2016, 12:32

Briandong79 wrote:I thought it was solid. Too heavy on the over dramatic philosophy but it tied the William-MiB storyline together nicely, wonder if next season will be like an invasion of the park by the humans trying to take back control? I expect Harris and some of the other humans to not be killed and become essentially hostages.

It was fine. Nice little show we got here. HOWEVA:

Are we really believing that was the real Ford that took the bullet?

I still don't know what Wyatt has to do with this.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Dec 2016, 13:08

Gregs Kite wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I thought it was solid. Too heavy on the over dramatic philosophy but it tied the William-MiB storyline together nicely, wonder if next season will be like an invasion of the park by the humans trying to take back control? I expect Harris and some of the other humans to not be killed and become essentially hostages.

Yes and there was no Wyatt. Only Zuul Delores.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gregs Kite » 06 Dec 2016, 13:29

Briandong79 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Yeah, I understand the Wyatt/Delores thing, I guess. But I strongly disagree with you on the first part. My man came too far to go out like that.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Dec 2016, 13:33

Gregs Kite wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Yeah, I understand the Wyatt/Delores thing, I guess. But I strongly disagree with you on the first part. My man came too far to go out like that.

I'm looking at it from a practical standpoint. Anthony Hopkins isn't doing a multiple season storyline arc. They may bring him back for an occasional flashback or something but otherwise, Zed's Ford's dead, baby, Zed's Ford's dead (cramming in unrelated movie references is fun).

Also, completely unrelated but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere as a possibility:

Any chance that much like Bernard's dead son is based on Arnold's real dead son, could Charlotte somehow be Maeve's daughter and the computer detected her as being alive in the park? Would be a bit of a stretch but that was my first thought when Maeve was told her daughter was there.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Big Scary Monster » 08 Dec 2016, 16:37

All the articles read kept saying that it was Samauri World, but I thought for sure it would be Shogun World. I definitely agree that Hopkins isn't in it for the long haul. It will also be interesting to see if Harris sticks around.
Gregs Kite - Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:42 am: I bet he had an ARRGGGGGHHHHHRUGALA salad.

[Thu 12:05] jack_daniels: the big scar monster does whatever the big scary monster does. so i dont really care.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Dec 2016, 21:01

Big Scary Monster wrote:All the articles read kept saying that it was Samauri World, but I thought for sure it would be Shogun World. I definitely agree that Hopkins isn't in it for the long haul. It will also be interesting to see if Harris sticks around.

Harris has said he will definitely be involved in season 2.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 Dec 2016, 15:52

I am 2 eps away from being able to share my thoughts. What a show.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

PreviousNext

Return to TV