Westworld

Westworld

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 Sep 2016, 08:28

Mr. T will have a new fav show.

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Re: Westworld

Postby Goose » 09 Sep 2016, 09:42

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Mr. T will have a new fav show.

Probably not as good as the original movie:

#westworldhipsters
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Briandong79 » 09 Sep 2016, 15:57

That show could be amazing. Plus Ed Harris is good in anything. And they nearly reportedly got vetoed by HBO because the sex scenes were too graphic. All in all, I'll likely check it out.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Briandong79 » 07 Oct 2016, 08:15

I thought this was really, really interesting. Good set up for a series that could be a more graphic (in sex, violence, etc) version of Lost in terms of trying to figure out what is going on. Good performances all around. Intrigued by the cute girl from Raising Hope being on this, possible nudity from her?

No idea where this goes but it's intriguing enough to me to find out.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 09 Oct 2016, 10:53

Briandong79 wrote:I thought this was really, really interesting. Good set up for a series that could be a more graphic (in sex, violence, etc) version of Lost in terms of trying to figure out what is going on. Good performances all around. Intrigued by the cute girl from Raising Hope being on this, possible nudity from her?

No idea where this goes but it's intriguing enough to me to find out.

I watched it. It's like a sci fi version of Groundhog Day.

I like the nudity. It's fun.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 Oct 2016, 07:19

I enjoyed the first episode of this. So much penis in this LOL!

I spent about ten minutes debating whether that black guy was Laurence Fishburne.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Oct 2016, 12:34

2nd episode was good as well. So the malfunction is contagious and spread by quoting a random Romeo & Juliet line? Ok.

I like the Locke vibes that the Man in Black gives off.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that the gun Delores found shoots real bullets.

ETA: I've seen speculation that Teddy is going to be like Kenny and get killed off every week. I would laugh.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Briandong79 » 18 Oct 2016, 09:08

Solid episode, started a bit slower but finished really, really strong.

I'm enjoying all the theories around the show though I think 90% of them are going to be incorrect. Ones that I think are almost certainly correct:

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
One of the employees is a robot (most likely Jeffrey Wright's character)
The park isn't actually on Earth

By far and away the most intriguing one to me is that

The two guys who came to the park are in a different timeline than the rest of the show and it might be a flashback to the critical failure that happened 30 years ago (though Delores stumbling upon them at the end of this episode would cast that into doubt a bit.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby ONTB » 18 Oct 2016, 10:32

Saw the stuff about Bernard being a clone of Arnold or a robot modeled after Arnold. I think that conversation was sufficiently strange to say something is up. But they moved Ford from a little ambiguous about consciousness to pretty starkly against it this past episode. Not sure why Bernard would be modeled after the guy who almost destroyed the park. Unless even Ford isn't aware, which would be stupid since he'd be the foremost expert in these things.

I don't really like the idea of the park workers being robots or clones. Prefer they are their own characters with motivations. But I suspect there is some type of twist coming. Probably tied to what the board is after... conscious robots to fight off the ant people.

I like it so far. They are building a lot of questions, but my enjoyment will depend on how slowly they bring in the context. Too slow and I'all give up. Same with Lost.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 18 Oct 2016, 20:46

no way Arnold is deceased. I'm keeping my eye on this

Something is up with Charlie's (I think that's Bernard's son) death. It will come into play.

Gripe: the men robots are nude when they are questioned by the employees but Delores never is since ep one scene 1. Let's go HBO.

I like that Elsie. I was enjoying her squat when her partner was in that hole with the robot. I wouldn't mind seeing her get on someone, maybe Ford.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Oct 2016, 13:47

I hate liking a real show that Balls watches too. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong with my life.

But I digress. It's the little things in the show that are irritating me. Do the narratives occur over a day? A week? How many guests do they have at a time and how many times do they have to shuttle them away so they can get to work cleaning up the stiffs and resetting the town? This seems like a massive park, obviously, who's going to get these hosts every time they fuck up?

HOWEVER, it's nice to see Liam McPoyle again.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ONTB » 20 Oct 2016, 21:17

Gregs Kite wrote:I hate liking a real show that Balls watches too. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong with my life.

But I digress. It's the little things in the show that are irritating me. Do the narratives occur over a day? A week? How many guests do they have at a time and how many times do they have to shuttle them away so they can get to work cleaning up the stiffs and resetting the town? This seems like a massive park, obviously, who's going to get these hosts every time they fuck up?

HOWEVER, it's nice to see Liam McPoyle again.

Agree with all this.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Oct 2016, 17:51

I am really enjoying this show. It works so well on two levels.

1) what is the essence of humanity? What is the essence of consciousness? Is there an ethical duty to these hosts? When will humankind actually have to address these questions?

2) they have fuck robots! *Hot* fuck robots! I want a fuck robot!
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Theny » 22 Oct 2016, 17:57

Frank the Tank wrote:I am really enjoying this show. It works so well on two levels.

1) what is the essence of humanity? What is the essence of consciousness? Is there an ethical duty to these hosts? When will humankind actually have to address these questions?

Pretty sure they're about to release those types of robots soon.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Oct 2016, 18:06

Theny wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I am really enjoying this show. It works so well on two levels.

Pretty sure they're about to release those types of robots soon.

Not of that quality.

ETA: Evan Rachel Would.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Next

Return to TV