Amazon

Re: Amazon

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 Feb 2017, 10:35

SouthernYokel wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:it's pretty terrible, imo.

Amazon agrees.

holy moly. 18,000 views and poor completion rates when it was canceled. definitely a gender bias situation.

I just googled "Good Girls Revolt cancelled" because I thought I remembered hearing that, and linked the first article. Didn't even read it. Now I see it was more sjw-y than I was intending. My b.

i assumed you were making a joke!

Maybe I was sub-subconsciously?
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 20 Feb 2017, 14:03

SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:First episode was enjoyable. I enjoyed several of the people being from some GOAT shows (both of the parents (were they grandparents?), Herc, the bad guy at the end obviously).

it is very interesting how much the format changes between ep 1 and the rest of the show. apparently the pilot was for CBS and they wanted their usual procedural type show, so it was gonna be Pete helping the girl do skip traces on people every week. CBS didn't pick it up so the next 9 episodes completely drop the 'single serving' plots.

I've read that somewhere.

I'm only 3 episodes in. I feel like I may become somewhat annoyed at how slowly they parse out info. Good performances though. I still haven't figured out who the main blonde chick reminds me of, but it's definitely someone.

lol. 2 posts. impressive even for me.

she has a very familiar looking face.

I just finished Sneaky Pete S1. Really really enjoyed. One of the better shows I've seen in a while, though falls short of the epic classics IMHO.

However, one plot point really bugged me... (recommend not clicking until you're through at least nine of the ten episodes if you plan to watch)...

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
What the fuck was up with Otto's plan? Get the guy to skip bail so that you can keep his collateral? You still have to pay the court the value of the bond! That $150k is going right to the courthouse! I mean, I guess it can help a little in that now you don't have the Bridgeport Native American Mafia after you, but maybe you do anyways since they don't seem to be too enamored of legal niceties. I guess you maybe buy yourself a couple days before you pay the court too, but it's not like it makes the collateral belong to the bail bond company free and clear.

Also thought the last episode rushed things a bit. However, I give it a full recommendation and am looking forward to season 2.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SouthernYokel » 20 Feb 2017, 14:08

i had the same problem frank. it did not make any sense. maybe it wasn't supposed to, like he wasn't thinking clearly due to stress and poor health.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Feb 2017, 12:58

SouthernYokel wrote:i had the same problem frank. it did not make any sense. maybe it wasn't supposed to, like he wasn't thinking clearly due to stress and poor health.

Yeah, the entire last two episodes were fairly convoluted but they were entertaining and worked in the end. Really liked the season, will tune in for season 2.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 17 Apr 2017, 13:52

started watching Bosch. it's pretty good in the early going. Apparently i read one of the books the 1st season is using while i was on an airplane or something (i don't really read michael connelly) because i knew the courtroom plot already. the woman cop he likes is another sexy redhair who turns my head every time she's on tv. She was on the last season of 24 that had Jack in it.

today is apparently going to be the day yokel posts a bunch of redheads.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Previous

Return to TV