Billions

Re: Billions

Postby chrisco » 08 Apr 2016, 10:59

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I have decided to watch this show. I am 3 eps in. I have been enjoying it.

Malin Ackerman is a horrific actress. Everyone else seems to be fine actors. She seems like she's reading off a script every scene.

I too have been enjoying this show. Some thoughts...

1. Unlike Dre who you could never forget about, I had completely forgotten about NAG until skimming his posts in this thread. I know we need every poster we can get, but don't miss that magma drivel at all.

2. I enjoy Malin Ackerman in this for the same reason I like some Australian women. She has that slightly feral, been left in the sun too long, and no longer gives any fucks craziness about her. She cannot act, but I don't mind that.

3. This show is somewhere between Entourage and an interesting Michael Lewis piece in VF. I think its just the right combo of detail/slickness/flash for the show. Bald knows what I mean.

4. The Indian lesbian cokehead with the giant crazy moon eyes. I know a girl who is attractive like that. That scene was worth noting.

5. I'm going to binge through this over the weekend. I could see this being a good one and done TV show.

6. Giamatti's dad. I enjoy his work as well.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12215
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Billions

Postby God Shamgod » 11 Apr 2016, 11:04

This show is not great by prestige TV standards, but it is entertaining. Some of the dialogue is ridiculous too. I like the attorney with the afro.

"You better be ready to rock and roll"
"We're going to rock like Cameo in 86"
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5672
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Re: Billions

Postby chrisco » 14 Apr 2016, 16:16

So my friend was the contractor that renovated the brownstone that Paul Giamatti and Tara from SOA live in.

He did it several years ago. Said the guy paid $2 million for it, put in another $2 million in renovations and that the entire building is a single family home.

It looks really nice on the show. I can't find pics online, but I'm excited about the fact that this guy is going my place.

For about 1.9XX million less than this one. Basically a new kitchen and some walls moving around.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12215
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Billions

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 24 Apr 2016, 20:52

Finished Season 1. I enjoyed the show.

Axe is my favorite character on TV. He's tremendous.

Chuck Rhodes is good as well. I liked when he pnwd that tool from the SEC.

I love Wendy. She's so fine. No way she'd slum it with a porky pig looking fatso making 185k.

At this very moment, I'm struggling to get thru GoT season premiere. That fucking show can suck a d. So GD pointless.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31049
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Billions

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 19 Feb 2017, 11:49

This show returns tonight.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31049
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Billions

Postby chrisco » 19 Feb 2017, 13:55

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:This show returns tonight.

I caught it last night on demand. More of the same which is good.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12215
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Billions

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Feb 2017, 11:53

chrisco wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:This show returns tonight.

I caught it last night on demand. More of the same which is good.


Except they have a non-binary character!
http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/19/billions-no ... te-dillon/
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31133
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Billions

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Feb 2017, 21:54

I watched ep 1. I see Wendy went to bangs this season. I guess she was tired of being considered attractive smh.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31049
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Billions

Postby mister bacon » 01 Mar 2017, 00:28

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I watched ep 1. I see Wendy went to bangs this season. I guess she was tired of being considered attractive smh.


What
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26354
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Billions

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 Mar 2017, 11:54

mister bacon wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I watched ep 1. I see Wendy went to bangs this season. I guess she was tired of being considered attractive smh.


What


She's probably one of those "had to be there" attractive chicks. But she is sexy on the show.

Season 1:
Image

Season 2:
Image

Bangs suck.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31049
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Billions

Postby chrisco » 21 Mar 2017, 16:41

Ok, so I'm up to date on season 2. So far, I think its a stronger season than the first one. The Axe/Chuck battle is a lot stronger this year. I'm liking their proxy fights and sending surrogates out.

As awful as the Wendy/Chuck breakup could have been, I think its actually been not that bad which is strange. Its like finding a teenaged daughter on TV that is not helpless and horrible. Axe's wipe has been decent too. She bugged me moar last year.

The weak link of this season is definitely the morally conflicted lawyer in Chuck's office (Bryan maybe?). Could not care less about his hemming and hawing.

Wags has also been a bit of a weak link. His shit got old and hopefully they'll start having him be useful again.

Character rankings:

1. Taylor - Pronouns are they, theirs, and something else I forgot.
1.5 Lonnie Whatley - Who's house is this?
2. Orrin Bach - The fat lawyer is growing on me.
3. Axe / Chuck - Calling this one a tie.
4. Wendy's replacement - Grade A douche that keeps growing on you.
5. Wendy - She's great walking all over these hedge fund guys.
6. Mafee - His complete lack of self esteem is endearing.
7. The really creepy guy (Axe's not the justice dude)
8. The really creepy guy (the one from Justice, not Axe's)
9. The dude that showed up for one episode that was going to setup a new life for Axe's family
10. That slimeball Loyd or whatever his name is.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12215
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Billions

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Mar 2017, 09:24

chrisco wrote:Ok, so I'm up to date on season 2. So far, I think its a stronger season than the first one. The Axe/Chuck battle is a lot stronger this year. I'm liking their proxy fights and sending surrogates out.

As awful as the Wendy/Chuck breakup could have been, I think its actually been not that bad which is strange. Its like finding a teenaged daughter on TV that is not helpless and horrible. Axe's wipe has been decent too. She bugged me moar last year.

The weak link of this season is definitely the morally conflicted lawyer in Chuck's office (Bryan maybe?). Could not care less about his hemming and hawing.

Wags has also been a bit of a weak link. His shit got old and hopefully they'll start having him be useful again.

Character rankings:

1. Taylor - Pronouns are they, theirs, and something else I forgot.
1.5 Lonnie Whatley - Who's house is this?
2. Orrin Bach - The fat lawyer is growing on me.
3. Axe / Chuck - Calling this one a tie.
4. Wendy's replacement - Grade A douche that keeps growing on you.
5. Wendy - She's great walking all over these hedge fund guys.
6. Mafee - His complete lack of self esteem is endearing.
7. The really creepy guy (Axe's not the justice dude)
8. The really creepy guy (the one from Justice, not Axe's)
9. The dude that showed up for one episode that was going to setup a new life for Axe's family
10. That slimeball Loyd or whatever his name is.


I am still 2 eps behind. So I may not totally see why you did the rankings the way you did. Notes below:

- I had to look up who Lonnie Watley was. He's the afro'd gentleman on Chuck's team? I dont like him at all. He reminds me of the trying-to-hard-to-be-wise black man. We'll see when I catch up.
- Totally agree with #1. It is the best character on TV imo.
- Todd Krakow - no love? Guy's a major tool.
- What about Oliver Drake? Ive been enjoying him. He's nearly as good as Taylor. Well, not nearly, but in the same mold imo.

I have one thing that's been bothering me about Axe. It's the way he talks. It's like his mouth barely opens. I dont know how the guy could eat a sandwich. Probably why he's in shape.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31049
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Billions

Postby chrisco » 22 Mar 2017, 09:31

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
chrisco wrote:Ok, so I'm up to date on season 2. So far, I think its a stronger season than the first one. The Axe/Chuck battle is a lot stronger this year. I'm liking their proxy fights and sending surrogates out.

As awful as the Wendy/Chuck breakup could have been, I think its actually been not that bad which is strange. Its like finding a teenaged daughter on TV that is not helpless and horrible. Axe's wipe has been decent too. She bugged me moar last year.

The weak link of this season is definitely the morally conflicted lawyer in Chuck's office (Bryan maybe?). Could not care less about his hemming and hawing.

Wags has also been a bit of a weak link. His shit got old and hopefully they'll start having him be useful again.

Character rankings:

1. Taylor - Pronouns are they, theirs, and something else I forgot.
1.5 Lonnie Whatley - Who's house is this?
2. Orrin Bach - The fat lawyer is growing on me.
3. Axe / Chuck - Calling this one a tie.
4. Wendy's replacement - Grade A douche that keeps growing on you.
5. Wendy - She's great walking all over these hedge fund guys.
6. Mafee - His complete lack of self esteem is endearing.
7. The really creepy guy (Axe's not the justice dude)
8. The really creepy guy (the one from Justice, not Axe's)
9. The dude that showed up for one episode that was going to setup a new life for Axe's family
10. That slimeball Loyd or whatever his name is.


I am still 2 eps behind. So I may not totally see why you did the rankings the way you did. Notes below:

- I had to look up who Lonnie Watley was. He's the afro'd gentleman on Chuck's team? I dont like him at all. He reminds me of the trying-to-hard-to-be-wise black man. We'll see when I catch up.
- Totally agree with #1. It is the best character on TV imo.
- Todd Krakow - no love? Guy's a major tool.
- What about Oliver Drake? Ive been enjoying him. He's nearly as good as Taylor. Well, not nearly, but in the same mold imo.

I have one thing that's been bothering me about Axe. It's the way he talks. It's like his mouth barely opens. I dont know how the guy could eat a sandwich. Probably why he's in shape.


I have Oliver Drake as number 8. Sorry, but I could not remember his actual name. My problem with him is that he's too put together. Its like when they give children on TV lines that you know they couldn't possibly come up with on their own. Can he once just say something normal or even dumb?

Lonnie is a fun mix of inside baseball and over the top crowing. The way he's been playing the other two attorneys in the office is amazeballs.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12215
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Billions

Postby chrisco » 31 Mar 2017, 13:27

Chuckie Rhodes, doing the damn thing.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
I'm glad his overbearing sense of right and wrong crushed him at the end of the episode instead of next week. We need to get back to the knuckleheads at Axe Cap. Enough of Chuck, Wendy, Bobby, and whatever his mean blonde wife's name is.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12215
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Billions

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Apr 2017, 12:07

chrisco wrote:Chuckie Rhodes, doing the damn thing.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
I'm glad his overbearing sense of right and wrong crushed him at the end of the episode instead of next week. We need to get back to the knuckleheads at Axe Cap. Enough of Chuck, Wendy, Bobby, and whatever his mean blonde wife's name is.


Were you aware that 2 of the main characters are from other countries? I find it dis concerting.





I didnt see this weeks' yet, but it was nice to finna get some female n*dity last week - Axe's dunce showed a very brief n1p.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31049
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

PreviousNext

Return to TV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests