Billions

Billions

Postby God Shamgod » 03 Jan 2016, 22:33

First episode on demand now. Going to jump in on this one.

ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Re: Billions

Postby Briandong79 » 04 Jan 2016, 09:38

Giamatti and Lewis is a solid top 2. That's worth a watch.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Jan 2016, 10:36

I'll check that out. Freakshows wife from Harold and Kumar is in it. Shotgun anus!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Dthefritz » 04 Jan 2016, 19:56

Briandong79 wrote:Giamatti and Lewis is a solid top 2. That's worth a watch.

Solid top 2 indeed. OTOH, the promos made it look sooooooo bad. A real conundrum.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby NotAndyGreenwald » 05 Jan 2016, 20:24

meh-minus. it's pointless, really.
mj3528 » 03 Dec 2015, 22:34 something rarely said, but NAG was right.

Gregs Kite - Yesterday, 20:56: Is NAG _ v2.0?
NotAndyGreenwald
Rocky Balboa

Postby God Shamgod » 06 Jan 2016, 12:01

I liked the pilot. I hope the story will be strong enough in the long run.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby NotAndyGreenwald » 07 Jan 2016, 06:38

God Shamgod wrote:I liked the pilot. I hope the story will be strong enough in the long run.

The story is stupid. Like, yeah, Damian Lewis is going to drag the other guy slowly into his web of deceit and probably even make him a patsy for something because Maggie Siff either a) fucked him or b) did some insider trading (because she wanted to "grow". seriously, this shit is dumbbB). Then, there is the rural NY background (used to be you couldn't go into Yonkers and not catch a beating) that is going to come into play in the form of a heavily accented father/uncle (Oscar!) who is prolly dying in the penultimate ep of the season to prompt some sort of catharsis in Axe. Chuckies ambitions will surely take a blow when his unconventional sexual preferences come to light. The secondary trader guy is going to bone either Chucks or Axe's wife and subsequently will be canned/chopped to pieces. The intro kinda reminded me a lot of Ballers (aerial shots of skyscrapers, hip-hop-electro type music beat). If you want to make prestige TV, hire good writers, for shit's sake. The pilot was so fucking rambling, jeez. Just because you have Aaron Sorkin's son (or cousin? or brother? or someone who bought the name?) on the team don't mean your show will actually be, ya know, good. /TVgoonery

NotAndyGreenwald
Rocky Balboa

Postby Dthefritz » 07 Jan 2016, 18:24

NotAndyGreenwald wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:I liked the pilot. I hope the story will be strong enough in the long run.

The story is stupid. Like, yeah, Damian Lewis is going to drag the other guy slowly into his web of deceit and probably even make him a patsy for something because Maggie Siff either a) fucked him or b) did some insider trading (because she wanted to "grow". seriously, this shit is dumbbB). Then, there is the rural NY background (used to be you couldn't go into Yonkers and not catch a beating) that is going to come into play in the form of a heavily accented father/uncle (Oscar!) who is prolly dying in the penultimate ep of the season to prompt some sort of catharsis in Axe. Chuckies ambitions will surely take a blow when his unconventional sexual preferences come to light. The secondary trader guy is going to bone either Chucks or Axe's wife and subsequently will be canned/chopped to pieces. The intro kinda reminded me a lot of Ballers (aerial shots of skyscrapers, hip-hop-electro type music beat). If you want to make prestige TV, hire good writers, for shit's sake. The pilot was so fucking rambling, jeez. Just because you have Aaron Sorkin's son (or cousin? or brother? or someone who bought the name?) on the team don't mean your show will actually be, ya know, good. /TVgoonery

I don't think he's related to Aaron. Dude is a business reporter for the NY Times and an anchor on CNBC. But of course not every journalist can write TV like David Simon.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby NotAndyGreenwald » 08 Jan 2016, 07:00

Dthefritz wrote:
NotAndyGreenwald wrote:

I don't think he's related to Aaron. Dude is a business reporter for the NY Times and an anchor on CNBC. But of course not every journalist can write TV like David Simon.

On a somewhat unrelated note, is it just me or does every other TV show creator have the first name "David"? x-post random thoughts

NotAndyGreenwald
Rocky Balboa

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 29 Feb 2016, 16:24

Is this show any good? I am looking for a new show to get into and then not watch episodes of.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby ONTB » 29 Feb 2016, 21:32

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Is this show any good? I am looking for a new show to get into and then not watch episodes of.

It's odd... I don't think you'd like it. It's not purposefully or accidentally funny. It's Wolf of Wall Street toned down about 50 notches and with more financial details. Damian Lewis is good. Paul Giamatti is surprisingly one note, even with his submissive bondage fetish. The rest of the cast sucks. Malin Akerman has never been this bad and she's been plenty awful in most things, but she does show tits. David Costabile is good. You'll like him.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby Dthefritz » 29 Feb 2016, 23:12

ONTB wrote:Malin Akerman has never been this bad and she's been plenty awful in most things

Malin Akerman is a saint! How dare you! I base this opinion pretty much entirely on Childrens' Hospital, but a man who doesn't watch that show can never be a real man.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 Mar 2016, 08:54

Thank you.

Shotgun anus.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby ONTB » 01 Mar 2016, 21:42

Dthefritz wrote:
ONTB wrote:Malin Akerman has never been this bad and she's been plenty awful in most things

Malin Akerman is a saint! How dare you! I base this opinion pretty much entirely on Childrens' Hospital, but a man who doesn't watch that show can never be a real man.

I have not seen that. But I do like Rob Corddry. I will put it on the to watch list that I will never get to.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Mar 2016, 08:18

I have decided to watch this show. I am 3 eps in. I have been enjoying it.

Malin Ackerman is a horrific actress. Everyone else seems to be fine actors. She seems like she's reading off a script every scene.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Next

Return to TV