You're the Worst - The TV Show

Re: You're the Worst - The TV Show

Postby Frank the Tank » 28 Oct 2015, 10:20

I thought the first episode of season two was gold, but it's been a string of misses since then. Tonight is another Sunday Funday episode so I have high hopes.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby the cheese » 03 Nov 2015, 14:51

So Frank...your thoughts on Lindsey in the Buffalo Bill pit?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Nov 2015, 15:21

the cheese wrote:So Frank...your thoughts on Lindsey in the Buffalo Bill pit?

Yes. Moar Lindsey.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby the cheese » 03 Nov 2015, 15:32

Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:So Frank...your thoughts on Lindsey in the Buffalo Bill pit?

Yes. Moar Lindsey.

You mean Sex Goddess Lindsey 69
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 08 Nov 2015, 17:05

Ugh. A Lindsey free episode exploring Gretchen's psychosis in a laugh-free environment? Pass.

I'll stick with it for the last four episodes this season but its place in my TiVo Season Pass folder is in jeopardy. Really fearing it's a one-season wonder, which is too bad since the season two premiere showed great promise and made it look like they were going to pick up right where they left off.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby the cheese » 09 Nov 2015, 13:59

Frank the Tank wrote:Ugh. A Lindsey free episode exploring Gretchen's psychosis in a laugh-free environment? Pass.

I'll stick with it for the last four episodes this season but its place in my TiVo Season Pass folder is in jeopardy. Really fearing it's a one-season wonder, which is too bad since the season two premiere showed great promise and made it look like they were going to pick up right where they left off.

This show is really getting a lot of love from the Very Serious TV Watchers for its accurate portrayal of depression and other life issues. Where did the scrappy sex comedy of early season one go? Where are the unsolicited blowjobs, cowgirl sex, and Aya Cash's tits? Where are Shitstain and Honeynuts? Where are the laughs?
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 Nov 2015, 14:04

the cheese wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Ugh. A Lindsey free episode exploring Gretchen's psychosis in a laugh-free environment? Pass.

This show is really getting a lot of love from the Very Serious TV Watchers for its accurate portrayal of depression and other life issues. Where did the scrappy sex comedy of early season one go? Where are the unsolicited blowjobs, cowgirl sex, and Aya Cash's tits? Where are Shitstain and Honeynuts? Where are the laughs?

The VSTVWs have their own goddamn shows. They're called dramas. Stay the fuck out of our good stuff.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby the cheese » 09 Nov 2015, 14:11

I mean, I've laugh a fair bit (I haven't seen the last episode) every episode this season, and I enjoyed some quality haunted house standing up doggie style sex from the improv girl (could have used some tits, you're on FXX at 10:30EST damn it) but w.e., let's focus on being funny first and then on telling socially relevant tales.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JT99 » 09 Nov 2015, 14:12

Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:

The VSTVWs have their own goddamn shows. They're called dramas. Stay the fuck out of our good stuff.

Entertainment Weekly jumped off a cliff in this week's issue heaping praise on the show.

Meanwhile, the now vastly superior "Married" which I believe was hitting it's stride as an extension of Curb's "The Bad Luck of a Married Schmuck" brand, has been cancelled.

Damn it to Hell!
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 Nov 2015, 14:13

the cheese wrote:I mean, I've laugh a fair bit (I haven't seen the last episode) every episode this season, and I enjoyed some quality haunted house standing up doggie style sex from the improv girl (could have used some tits, you're on FXX at 10:30EST damn it) but w.e., let's focus on being funny first and then on telling socially relevant tales.

The latest episode is close to laugh-free. No guffaws. Maybe a stray chuckle. NO LINDSEY!!!

Haven't read the EW story yet but I'm sure it'll anger me.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby the cheese » 09 Nov 2015, 14:40

JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Entertainment Weekly jumped off a cliff in this week's issue heaping praise on the show.

Meanwhile, the now vastly superior "Married" which I believe was hitting it's stride as an extension of Curb's "The Bad Luck of a Married Schmuck" brand, has been cancelled.

Damn it to Hell!

Man, I gave Married a lot of chances. A lot. But shit that show depressed me every time I watched it. Almost always close to laugh free.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JT99 » 09 Nov 2015, 14:41

the cheese wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Damn it to Hell!

Man, I gave Married a lot of chances. A lot. But shit that show depressed me every time I watched it. Almost always close to laugh free.

Probably too close to home for married guys.

Single guy enjoyed watching your misery
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby OJ8871440 » 12 Nov 2015, 00:41

That was slightly better although they should expect a letter for their word usage. People have died because of that word
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa

Postby the cheese » 12 Nov 2015, 09:51

OJ8871440 wrote:That was slightly better although they should expect a letter for their word usage. People have died because of that word

Hey, you're doin' alright. You got a nice house. You got a nice car. You wrote a book, a good one. You even got your own Paki.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby the cheese » 16 Nov 2015, 17:14

Looks like You're the Worst might be shitting or getting off the pot with this Gretchen Depression sub plot. That bartender is hot.

Seriously doe, I like to think that I'm a decent person, but if I was dating a woman semi-seriously (not married, engaged, or having a child, but possibly living with) and I found out she suffered from diagnosed clinical depression, I would have to take a good long look at myself to decide if I wanted to stay in the relationship and help that person out or bail and not lock myself into a long period of dealing with a disease that doesn't go away. Especially, if like Gretchen, that girl wasn't treating the disease with medicine.

I'm probably not that great of a person.
the cheese
The Douche

PreviousNext

Return to TV