optimal tip-to-tip efficiency - SILICON VALLEY

Re: optimal tip-to-tip efficiency - SILICON VALLEY

Postby JT99 » 31 May 2016, 07:56

Gregs Kite wrote:Big Head might be the most uninteresting, unlikable character this side of AJ Soprano.

I didn't "get" the tab versus space thing, but I thought that girl was pretty. Okay.

What part don't you get?

Some people hit the space bar five times, smart people hit the tab button
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 May 2016, 08:02

JT99 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Big Head might be the most uninteresting, unlikable character this side of AJ Soprano.

I didn't "get" the tab versus space thing, but I thought that girl was pretty. Okay.

What part don't you get?

I did not understand the gravitas Richard applied to it. It, and this is tough to admit, went over my head.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JT99 » 31 May 2016, 08:04

Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:

What part don't you get?

I did not understand the gravitas Richard applied to it. It, and this is tough to admit, went over my head.

Simply put, he wants to be surrounded by those on his level, not space bar-using mongrels
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 May 2016, 08:25

JT99 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:

What part don't you get?

Simply put, he wants to be surrounded by those on his level, not space bar-using mongrels

Yes, but this one had boobies and a vagina she was open to, uh, opening up to him. Crazy how weird things like tabs verses spaces and AJ Styles' feuds can confuse a man.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JT99 » 31 May 2016, 08:34

Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:

What part don't you get?

Yes, but this one had boobies and a vagina she was open to, uh, opening up to him. Crazy how weird things like tabs verses spaces and AJ Styles' feuds can confuse a man.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby chrisco » 31 May 2016, 17:52

JT99 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:

What part don't you get?

Programmers have a really weird thing about indentation, formatting, and tabs vs spaces.

Having dealt with enough of them, I think its that they want everyone elses code to look exactly like theirs so when god forbid they need to look at or work on someone elses code its somewhat familiar.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Frank the Tank » 02 Jun 2016, 20:16

Exactly. Deconstructing another programmer's code is difficult in any circumstance, but it's slightly easier if the code is presented in exactly the way the programmer wishes to see it. Different subroutines are indented in certain places to give a visual representation of the program's structure. Spaces allow the code to show the same way on every screen. Tabs reduce the uncompiled code's file size by a couple kb. It's a matter of personal preference, but like they said they all compile to the same file. To have such a hissy fit over such a thing would be a sign of extreme anal-retentiveness. To lose sex over it even more so. It is the type of thing only someone who is 100x more comfortable in front of a computer than in the arms of someone of the opposite sex would care about, establishing Richard as the nerdiest of the nerds.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 21 Jun 2016, 08:37

I watched S3E1 last night. I shared some light laughs with myself. I will continue catching up. Oh, Richard.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 10 Jul 2016, 12:31

Binged the whole series this weekend.

This was better than season 2, great to see my boy Erlich run the full gamut of emotions. If you haven't rented Alcatraz to host a Polynesian themed party costing over a million bucks, you truly haven't lived.
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 11 Jul 2016, 20:57

I finished the season also. It was enjoyable. I feel almost as dumb watching this as I do with Game of Thrones. But I like the characters and the banter. What the hell is a compression platform?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Jul 2016, 10:06

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:What the hell is a compression platform?

You would know it better by its street name: a "trampoline".
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 03 May 2017, 13:28

Caught up, great start to the year so far.

Sco, have we ever got a character comparison for your co. and this? I'm wondering if you're more Richard or Elirch and which one is the dumbass CEO.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 May 2017, 13:41

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Caught up, great start to the year so far.

Sco, have we ever got a character comparison for your co. and this? I'm wondering if you're more Richard or Elirch and which one is the dumbass CEO.

Good. Ive been delaying my viewing of this season. I'll peep it soon.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby chrisco » 03 May 2017, 14:03

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

Big Head - is the guy we had to let go after he got conned.

Dinesh - is the guy I tried to fire 4 different times before giving up. He's also a very good friend. Odd that way.

Gilfoil - He quit six weeks after launch and sold 3/4ths of his stake. Regrets it massively. He'll probably be the first guy I hire for whatever is next. He'll then quit on that 6 months in.

Richard - Me. Stubborn control freak who has great ideas and a hard time working with the world at large.

Erlich - Our CEO. Past industry success, great networker, poor implementation. Dominates a group with whatever is on his mind at that very moment.

Jared - An amalgamation of many of my lieutenants over the years. I'd kill for a real Jared.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 03 May 2017, 14:07

chrisco wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

Big Head - is the guy we had to let go after he got conned.

Dinesh - is the guy I tried to fire 4 different times before giving up. He's also a very good friend. Odd that way.

Gilfoil - He quit six weeks after launch and sold 3/4ths of his stake. Regrets it massively. He'll probably be the first guy I hire for whatever is next. He'll then quit on that 6 months in.

Richard - Me. Stubborn control freak who has great ideas and a hard time working with the world at large.

Erlich - Our CEO. Past industry success, great networker, poor implementation. Dominates a group with whatever is on his mind at that very moment.

Jared - An amalgamation of many of my lieutenants over the years. I'd kill for a real Jared.

Nice. And I can't remember his name off the top of my head, the CEO of Hooli? That doofus who thinks he's always getting over when he's really a schmuck, you got one of those?
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to TV