Last Man on Earth

Last Man on Earth

Postby Briandong79 » 09 Mar 2015, 10:44

I'm pulling the trigger and starting the thread. I think there's enough to talk about here outside Random Thoughts. Lot less funny than I expected last night, but still an entertaining show. I thought I had seen the twist ending's name in stories about the show previously so her appearance wasn't a complete surprise, but still nicely played. She's an odd choice for a show like this, though.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Re: Last Man on Earth

Postby Colonel Angus » 09 Mar 2015, 12:15

I know this show - which I enjoy - is a farcical romp that I am just supposed to laugh at and not think too seriously about, but where are all the bodies?
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 Mar 2015, 12:19

Colonel Angus wrote:I know this show - which I enjoy - is a farcical romp that I am just supposed to laugh at and not think too seriously about, but where are all the bodies?

I thought the same thing, but it's hard to have a comedy with all those dead people. Plus your makeup budget explodes.

I liked last night's episode.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Mar 2015, 14:53

i watched the double feature rerun on saturday. laughed a lot. had the opportunity to watch the next episode last night and skipped it. video games. anyway, i'm in on the show. watched it with the wife and said the same thing as someone in random tv thoughts did, that it was hilarious that he spent months wishing for a woman to show up and when one does she's intolerable. she didn't realize there was a joke.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 16 Mar 2015, 09:51

The show is definitely skewing more towards the awkward humor but I'm still fully in. January Jones is not a good actress but she fit in well. Plus it moved when she was talking about how horny she was.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby IhateTomBrady » 16 Mar 2015, 18:49

I am in on this show. I wonder if they will let the two women lez it up because Phil is such an awkward d-bag
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 24 Mar 2015, 21:47

I watched the first 4 eps tonight. I'm in as well. It's pretty funny. Melissa Shart.

Sidenote abt ep 1: Alex Daddario was in his vision when he got mouth to mouth.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Big Scary Monster » 25 Mar 2015, 18:56

Fully caught up on the show and enjoying it. It is really awkward, but they have done some good things to keep it interesting. I seriously thought the latest twist was going to be used to make Phil more sympathetic, but it was quite the opposite. I love how he was a loser before the apocalypse and they aren't immediately redeeming him or making it okay to be a loser just because he survived.
Gregs Kite - Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:42 am: I bet he had an ARRGGGGGHHHHHRUGALA salad.

[Thu 12:05] jack_daniels: the big scar monster does whatever the big scary monster does. so i dont really care.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 25 Mar 2015, 20:03

I'm caught up too. I like the awkwardness. My kinda show.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby IhateTomBrady » 02 Apr 2015, 21:20

I finally got caught up. I loved the scene when Todd played the guitar after he interrupted Phil and Melissa. This is a great show.
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Apr 2015, 08:35

I still enjoy the show.

It bothers me how peeved everyone gets at Phil. Carol made him get married! JTFC.

That new black. I enjoy.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Colonel Angus » 15 Apr 2015, 08:38

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I still enjoy the show.

It bothers me how peeved everyone gets at Phil. Carol made him get married! JTFC.

That new black. I enjoy.

We are enjoying it too. But the title of it seems kind of dumb now.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 23 Apr 2015, 08:55

Poor Tandy.

Sucks that Phil Miller showed up.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 04 May 2015, 13:42

Wound up back in on this show. Thought the finale was good. I hope they never do anything with Sudekis except periodically show him still stranded in space.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 May 2015, 22:01

Briandong79 wrote:Wound up back in on this show. Thought the finale was good. I hope they never do anything with Sudekis except periodically show him still stranded in space.

Since I call you out on everything...Did you get back in when Simmons said it's the cant miss show in a column a couple weeks ago? I assume definitely.

Love seeing Shane from EB!

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Next

Return to TV