S1 needed more Mrs. Kettleman.

borderline NSFW:

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Re: Better Call Saul

Postby Briandong79 » 11 Jan 2017, 11:09

Fuck. yes.

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 29 Mar 2017, 09:22

Damn near binged the whole second season last night. Completely forgot any of the first season, just that it had no right being as good as it was, seriously, how is this that good? I don't remember anything I watched last night, just that it had no right being as good as it was, seriously, how is this that good? Wait no, I remember thinking 'the female lead can get it.'

Copyright deez
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 29 Mar 2017, 23:11

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Damn near binged the whole second season last night. Completely forgot any of the first season, just that it had no right being as good as it was, seriously, how is this that good? I don't remember anything I watched last night, just that it had no right being as good as it was, seriously, how is this that good? Wait no, I remember thinking 'the female lead can get it.'

Do people not realize that Bob Odenkirk can literally do no wrong? Obviously, this should have been known by everyone after Mr. Show, but there is no conceivable excuse for this not to be known now. I'm not even kidding, BB was in "good but not great" territory until Odenkirk showed up in season 2. You could have assigned him to entertain a slave ship from Africa, and they would have come out on the other side thinking "you know, white people are OK in my book".
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Briandong79 » 30 Mar 2017, 08:16

Dthefritz wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Damn near binged the whole second season last night. Completely forgot any of the first season, just that it had no right being as good as it was, seriously, how is this that good? I don't remember anything I watched last night, just that it had no right being as good as it was, seriously, how is this that good? Wait no, I remember thinking 'the female lead can get it.'

Do people not realize that Bob Odenkirk can literally do no wrong? Obviously, this should have been known by everyone after Mr. Show, but there is no conceivable excuse for this not to be known now. I'm not even kidding, BB was in "good but not great" territory until Odenkirk showed up in season 2. You could have assigned him to entertain a slave ship from Africa, and they would have come out on the other side thinking "you know, white people are OK in my book".

Odekirk, Gilligan, Jonathan Banks, I was confused why people thought it would suck, actually.

For all of the love that Breaking Bad deservedly gets, it drags at points in the first couple years. Agree that Saul was a needed jolt.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JT99 » 30 Mar 2017, 08:22

Briandong79 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Odekirk, Gilligan, Jonathan Banks, I was confused why people thought it would suck, actually.

For all of the love that Breaking Bad deservedly gets, it drags at points in the first couple years. Agree that Saul was a needed jolt.

Michael McKean says what's up?
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Briandong79 » 30 Mar 2017, 08:23

JT99 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Michael McKean says what's up?

Oh yeah, the rest of the cast is great, I'm just going off the people who carried over from Breaking Bad.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Apr 2017, 09:19

I thought the premiere was pretty good. Has Gilligan said how many seasons he wants this to go? He has to have an endgame as to where the story joins Breaking Bad, right? Feels to me like he could get there at the end of this season or in four more depending on how much he wants to stretch it out, but all the ingredients for the creation of Saul Goodman seem to be in place.

Mike Ehrmantraut may be my favorite TV bad-ass of all time.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Briandong79 » 12 Apr 2017, 12:08

Frank the Tank wrote:I thought the premiere was pretty good. Has Gilligan said how many seasons he wants this to go? He has to have an endgame as to where the story joins Breaking Bad, right? Feels to me like he could get there at the end of this season or in four more depending on how much he wants to stretch it out, but all the ingredients for the creation of Saul Goodman seem to be in place.

Mike Ehrmantraut may be my favorite TV bad-ass of all time.

I think he's said 4 or 5 seasons, tops.

Something I didn't realize until I was reading a preview of this season--On Breaking Bad, it was made pretty clear that Saul and Gus didn't know each other. Does somewhat limit what they can do I would think.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Frank the Tank » 18 Apr 2017, 11:46

I fucking love this show.

Great episode again. Having this on Monday helps ease the sting of the weekend being over.

I hope they make another prequel. They could show a fucking nanny-cam at Jesse Pinkman's childhood day care for four seasons and as long as Vince Gilligan was involved I would watch.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Briandong79 » 19 Apr 2017, 09:54

Great episode. I don't know why it didn't dawn on me that Mike was going to eventually wind up in front of Los Pollos Hermanos but it was still a great moment.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby ctz31 » 20 Apr 2017, 10:04

Briandong79 wrote:Great episode. I don't know why it didn't dawn on me that Mike was going to eventually wind up in front of Los Pollos Hermanos but it was still a great moment.

That is interesting. I was waiting for that to happen the entire ep. thought it was obv. Good ep and good show.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 May 2017, 09:57

Even though it was a really good episode, I felt cheated that there was no Ehrmentraut or Fring. Gilligan has turned me into a spoiled viewing brat. "It was awesome but I wanted even more awesomeness."

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby nerf66 » 09 May 2017, 10:53

Frank the Tank wrote:Even though it was a really good episode, I felt cheated that there was no Ehrmentraut or Fring. Gilligan has turned me into a spoiled viewing brat. "It was awesome but I wanted even more awesomeness."

Last night was my favorite ep since Breaking Bad. Great all around,
but I'm a huge fan of colonel jessup moments.

And how about your boy lavell crawford dropping those el beez! Looked like a fitness model out there. Uh....that was lavell crawford, right?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 09 May 2017, 21:53

I went and caught up tonight to avoid real life.

I marked out for Gus so damn bad.

20 minutes of silence with Mike is fantastic television.

I hope the last season is just him in Omaha.

Love ya, Kim.

HUELL!

McKean is the MVP.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to TV