Better Call Saul

Re: Better Call Saul

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 May 2017, 09:28

MisterTambourineMan wrote:McKean is the MVP.

They're all so damn good. Every single one of them. As long as you're not claiming the assistant manager at Fring's restaurant is the MVP, I'd understand your taek.

How Gilligan is doing this well with a show where we know the ending is beyond me. He would be a good VP pick for Theo Epstein's eventual presidential run.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Briandong79 » 11 May 2017, 12:57

That was so good. Kim Wexler is sneaky becoming one of my favorite TV characters. She has really grown on me.

Of course, her association with Jimmy is eventually going to get her disbarred and her hatred of him is going to be the final straw which causes Jimmy to slip full time into being Saul Goodman, but still.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Rodney Farva » 11 May 2017, 13:06

Briandong79 wrote:That was so good. Kim Wexler is sneaky becoming one of my favorite TV characters. She has really grown on me.

Of course, her association with Jimmy is eventually going to get her disbarred and her hatred of him is going to be the final straw which causes Jimmy to slip full time into being Saul Goodman, but still.

i've been wondering how the name change eventually happens, given he was practicing and advertising in the same market under his original name
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 May 2017, 14:30

Rodney Farva wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:That was so good. Kim Wexler is sneaky becoming one of my favorite TV characters. She has really grown on me.

i've been wondering how the name change eventually happens, given he was practicing and advertising in the same market under his original name

Not gonna spoiler these since they're guesses.

I think the last episode of this season has Jimmy and Chuck having their final fight before their relationship is severed for good. Jimmy asks why it's so important he gets disbarred when there are other shitbag lawyers out there, and Chuck says "it's my name! I worked hard to create it! And here you are ruining it by association!" Jimmy, before leaving Chuck forever, has a soft moment and agrees to change it legally to avoid confusion in the marketplace. Even when he abandons his brother forever he can't resist helping him out one last time.

The last episode of the series, whenever that is, has pregnant Kim, baby in a stroller, and husband walking through the mall in Omaha. He watches from afar, anger etched into his face. He watches her be happy after she told him never to contact her again those years ago. He wants to say something, but doesn't. He sneaks out the back, goes to that area where he got locked out last season while emptying the trash, lights a smoke, and stares at the wall. He doesn't cry. He doesn't scream. He just looks empty. Roll credits.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby nerf66 » 11 May 2017, 15:48

Frank the Tank wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

I think the last episode of this season has Jimmy and Chuck having their final fight before their relationship is severed for good. Jimmy asks why it's so important he gets disbarred when there are other shitbag lawyers out there, and Chuck says "it's my name! I worked hard to create it! And here you are ruining it by association!" Jimmy, before leaving Chuck forever, has a soft moment and agrees to change it legally to avoid confusion in the marketplace. Even when he abandons his brother forever he can't resist helping him out one last time.

The last episode of the series, whenever that is, has pregnant Kim, baby in a stroller, and husband walking through the mall in Omaha. He watches from afar, anger etched into his face. He watches her be happy after she told him never to contact her again those years ago. He wants to say something, but doesn't. He sneaks out the back, goes to that area where he got locked out last season while emptying the trash, lights a smoke, and stares at the wall. He doesn't cry. He doesn't scream. He just looks empty. Roll credits.

BB was really violent and didn't have any problem killing characters off without warning. I'm thinking, with the criminal element starting to really develop, body count will start stacking up at some point. Jimmy is obviously gonna get pulled in to the drug trade representing Gus or Pollo Hermanos.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 May 2017, 15:52

nerf66 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

BB was really violent and didn't have any problem killing characters off without warning. I'm thinking, with the criminal element starting to really develop, body count will start stacking up at some point. Jimmy is obviously gonna get pulled in to the drug trade representing Gus or Pollo Hermanos.

Hmmmmm. I think it was BD who mentioned that the show suggested Gus and Saul/Jimmy didn't know each other. It would be fascinating if Mike had to kill Kim and managed to keep it a secret from Saul/Jimmy forever.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby nerf66 » 11 May 2017, 16:01

Frank the Tank wrote:
nerf66 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

Hmmmmm. I think it was BD who mentioned that the show suggested Gus and Saul/Jimmy didn't know each other. It would be fascinating if Mike had to kill Kim and managed to keep it a secret from Saul/Jimmy forever.

Doesn't Jimmy introduce walter white to gus?

If the show keeps this pace and ends with "WELP, gonna change my name to make bro happy one last time" I will consider it a failure. Bodies gonna start stacking up!
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 May 2017, 16:04

nerf66 wrote:Doesn't Jimmy introduce walter white to gus?

IIRC he tells Walter that someone will meet him at Los Pollos Hermanos but has no idea who it's going to be. Walter then figures out it was Gus when Gus decides not to meet with him.

If the show keeps this pace and ends with "WELP, gonna change my name to make bro happy one last time" I will consider it a failure. Bodies gonna start stacking up!

I think it could work if done right.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Dthefritz » 11 May 2017, 16:59

1 - Assuming this series lasts another season, which I understand it will, the Chuck full meltdown/death is coming a lot sooner than y'all think. I give him two episodes before he's in a psychiatric facility or a body bag.

2 - We all know the endgame of the Kim story is that he will realize his attraction to her is irrational and move on with his life.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby paje » 15 May 2017, 07:35

Frank the Tank wrote:The last episode of the series, whenever that is, has pregnant Kim, baby in a stroller, and husband walking through the mall in Omaha. He watches from afar, anger etched into his face. He watches her be happy after she told him never to contact her again those years ago. He wants to say something, but doesn't. He sneaks out the back, goes to that area where he got locked out last season while emptying the trash, lights a smoke, and stares at the wall. He doesn't cry. He doesn't scream. He just looks empty. Roll credits.

Holy Shit that would be a depressing ending, but I guess I'm not expecting a good outcome for Jimmy in Omaha.

Frank the Tank wrote:It would be fascinating if Mike had to kill Kim and managed to keep it a secret from Saul/Jimmy forever.

God dammit Frank that's even worse! I don't see Kim dying off. I think that would be too traumatic to Jimmy and he wouldn't be able to be the Saul we know from BB if Kim were killed. Plus I think the reason Saul ends up in Omaha is Kim related, so my guess is that she goes back home.

Did you notice in the first scene where they did a flashback with Chuck and his wife, that Chuck said the reason the power company mistakenly turned off his electricity was because they transposed the numbers of his address, which is exactly what Jimmy ended up doing to Chuck to get Mesa Verde to fire HHM and hire Kim.

Did anyone watch the scenes for tonight's episode at the end of last week? They showed a bunch of quick cuts and then everything went dark and you heard Kim's voice say "Saul Goodman?" I think the transition begins now and by this season's finale we have the fully formed Saul Goodman.
paje
Another dude worth meeting

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 17 May 2017, 09:40

Did not see them introducing Goodman this early and in that way. Enjoyed.

Sup, Lydia?
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Briandong79 » 17 May 2017, 09:43

Yeah, decent episode. Saul Goodman as a disguise for a TV ad producer. Interesting.

Nice loophole to get around not being able to sell of his ad time (which is absolutely a real thing, as well as the ads having to cease running immediately, and the phone calls to clients).
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby paje » 17 May 2017, 14:11

So I'm thinking Nacho is the one who ends up causing Hector's stroke with that pill he pocketed. And could be the reason Nacho isn't around in Breaking Bad.

Does anyone else think the "new guy" that Crazy 8 referred to who had to ditch his stash was Jesse Pinkman, or do I try too hard to find connections with Breaking Bad?

The guy who plays Howard Hamlin is the same actor who played professor Jeremiah Lasky on Saved by the Bell the College Years! Did other people know this?

paje
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Briandong79 » 17 May 2017, 14:15

paje wrote:So I'm thinking Nacho is the one who ends up causing Hector's stroke with that pill he pocketed. And could be the reason Nacho isn't around in Breaking Bad.

I think you're probably right. Nacho is mentioned in Breaking Bad, though? http://uproxx.com/tv/the-main-villain-f ... aking-bad/

Does anyone else think the "new guy" that Crazy 8 referred to who had to ditch his stash was Jesse Pinkman, or do I try too hard to find connections with Breaking Bad?

Definitely could be. I think Pinkman might be a little young though. Maybe Badger? No idea if he's older than Jesse.

The guy who plays Howard Hamlin is the same actor who played professor Jeremiah Lasky on Saved by the Bell the College Years! Did other people know this?

Yes.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 14 Jun 2017, 09:13

Briandong79 wrote:
paje wrote:

Yes.

WHAT

Also, that was a weird ending to the last episode. I haz confuse.
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to TV