Better Call Saul

Better Call Saul

Postby JT99 » 11 Aug 2014, 09:55

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Re: Better Call Saul

Postby OJ8871440 » 12 Aug 2014, 19:19

Can't be any worse than Rubicon, Hell on Wheels, or Halt and Catch Fire
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa

Better Call Saul

Postby Colonel Angus » 20 Nov 2014, 17:28

Better Call Saul teaser:

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/bet ... e-20141120

Will premiere over two nights, February 8 and 9.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby TVF wannabe » 12 Jan 2015, 10:54

Colonel Angus wrote:Better Call Saul teaser:

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/bet ... e-20141120

Will premiere over two nights, February 8 and 9.

I had hopes for this show, the more teaser's I see, the less hopes I have.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Briandong79 » 04 Feb 2015, 11:37

The early reviews are tremendous. I'm fully in.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby ctz31 » 09 Feb 2015, 07:37

Briandong79 wrote:The early reviews are tremendous. I'm fully in.

I peeped. Could have gamey legs. We'll see.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Colonel Angus » 09 Feb 2015, 08:20

ctz31 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The early reviews are tremendous. I'm fully in.

I peeped. Could have gamey legs. We'll see.

I enjoyed it. I remember Breaking Bad took more than a season to really get rolling, so with that in mind I think that was a good first episode.

I'm also happy it's on again tonight. I'm not usually in on the ground floor on these shows, so I'm not used to commercial breaks and waiting a week to watch the next episode.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby TheWolf » 09 Feb 2015, 08:34

I know Saul is a character from Breaking Bad but do I need to have watched that to watch this show? I recorded last night but don't know if I should bother yet.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Colonel Angus » 09 Feb 2015, 08:54

TheWolf wrote:I know Saul is a character from Breaking Bad but do I need to have watched that to watch this show? I recorded last night but don't know if I should bother yet.

After just one episode, I would say that you do not NEED to have seen Breaking Bad, but it would help. My wife didn't watch Breaking Bad and she watched last night with me. I paused it a couple of times to explain who some people were and some of the background of the characters, and you wouldn't have that if you went into this without seeing BB.

I would assume that Gilligan et al will know that there will be some viewers who didn't watch BB, but it might be a good idea to hold off on BCS and go binge-watch BB first. That series was awesome, and if you plan to watch it anyway there might be some parts of BCS that spoil that show for you.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Briandong79 » 09 Feb 2015, 13:49

The thing with the last name was kind of dumb. In a big city, being that concerned about a firm with the same last name?

ETA: Nice use of recurring BB character though.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Colonel Angus » 09 Feb 2015, 14:13

Briandong79 wrote:The thing with the last name was kind of dumb. In a big city, being that concerned about a firm with the same last name?

Yeah, that part made no sense to me either. If someone said that to me in those circumstances, the response would be "Fuck you, that's my name."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Feb 2015, 14:26

Colonel Angus wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The thing with the last name was kind of dumb. In a big city, being that concerned about a firm with the same last name?

Yeah, that part made no sense to me either. If someone said that to me in those circumstances, the response would be "Fuck you, that's my name."

you drove a hyundai to get here tonight.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby nerf66 » 09 Feb 2015, 21:12

Colonel Angus wrote:

It was just a moment to illustrate the relationship between saul/brother/firm. They didn't make a big deal out of it at all...in fact, the bother delivering it in his house and specifically addressing the match book was great writing.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby Colonel Angus » 09 Feb 2015, 21:17

nerf66 wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

It was just a moment to illustrate the relationship between saul/brother/firm. They didn't make a big deal out of it at all...in fact, the bother delivering it in his house and specifically addressing the match book was great writing.

I disagree that having an attorney tell his attorney brother that he couldn't use his birth name was good writing, but diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Rodney Farva » 09 Feb 2015, 22:15

SouthernYokel wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

you drove a hyundai to get here tonight.

it was an isuzu esteem
Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
did the end mean the county treasurer and his hot wife are tied in with drugs, or did the moron twins pick the wrong sable wagon?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Next

Return to TV