Fargo

Re: Fargo

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Dec 2015, 18:40

Rodney Farva wrote:Did not like the ufo or the book/narration. Otherwise very solid. Will be interesting to see how they wrap up the last episode of the season.

Agreed. The book narration was a mild annoyance, but the UFO is a major problem for me. Hated it. If it doesn't make some more sense after the finale that alone will put season two squarely behind season one for me.

ETA: I didn't realize the narrator was Martin Freeman.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Dec 2015, 09:08

"In Memoriam" reel for all the characters lost in season 2. Goes without saying it's very spoilerific if you haven't seen the show and plan to later.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Prez » 24 Dec 2015, 04:46

I downloaded season 1 months ago and I'm finally going to watch this. I hope it lives up to the hype since I've heard good things. I liked but did not love the film, the accents bothered me. :asciishrugguy:
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby chrisco » 24 Dec 2015, 08:53

Frank the Tank wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:Did not like the ufo or the book/narration. Otherwise very solid. Will be interesting to see how they wrap up the last episode of the season.

Agreed. The book narration was a mild annoyance, but the UFO is a major problem for me. Hated it. If it doesn't make some more sense after the finale that alone will put season two squarely behind season one for me.

ETA: I didn't realize the narrator was Martin Freeman.

So where are you at after the finale?

I had no beef with the end. Most of the weird shit was handled in a way that fit well enough. Danson is the godfather of emojii :asciishrug:
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Rodney Farva » 24 Dec 2015, 09:09

overall i think season 2 was a good 98% better than everything else on tv these days. but season 1 was definitely better.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Frank the Tank » 24 Dec 2015, 11:00

chrisco wrote:So where are you at after the finale?

Rodney Farva wrote:overall i think season 2 was a good 98% better than everything else on tv these days. but season 1 was definitely better.

I agree with Rodney on both those points. Season 2 wasn't like season 2 of True Detective where it just fell off the deep end, but I thought it didn't finish as strong as season 1. It was a really fantastic show, and I'm anxious for season 3, but I thought the middle episodes were stronger than the ending ones.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Oct 2016, 14:51

Fargo is adding an interesting cast-member to the show next season.

I will be cheering for him. Have any of you guys ever seen his comedic act in person? I imagine it to be quite humourous.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Oct 2016, 15:13

Gregs Kite wrote:Fargo is adding an interesting cast-member to the show next season.

I will be cheering for him. Have any of you guys ever seen his comedic act in person? I imagine it to be quite humourous.

I saw him and passed out at his show. I didnt enjoy him. I was also completely shitfaced.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Oct 2016, 16:13

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Fargo is adding an interesting cast-member to the show next season.

I saw him and passed out at his show. I didnt enjoy him. I was also completely shitfaced.

That is a funny post. Thank you for sharing.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 27 Oct 2016, 16:56

I saw him and stayed awake. I laughed a bunch of times.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Rodney Farva » 27 Oct 2016, 22:17

i've peeped his show a few times and not sure what to make of it. fan of the broad who plays his wipe.

You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 Jan 2017, 09:49

Looks like there was love in the air during the shooting of Fargo season 2.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Goose » 13 Jan 2017, 20:03

Frank the Tank wrote:Looks like there was love in the air during the shooting of Fargo season 2.

Can't believe she's marrying Fatt Damon. Btw, I'm sure I came up with that the first time I saw him on Fargo and didn't steal it from the interwebs.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby the cheese » 13 Jan 2017, 23:33

Rodney Farva wrote:i've peeped his show a few times and not sure what to make of it. fan of the broad who plays his wipe.

Ashley Williams. #would bang. So much hotter than Annie Banks-McKenzie.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TheWolf » 14 Jan 2017, 09:10

I've seen every episode of this show and don't remember seeing that chick. Whose wife are you talking about?

Also, IMDb doesn't say anything about anyone named Ashley Williams ever being on it. Is this the same Ashley Williams that played Ted's love interest Victoria on the classic sitcom HIMYM?

Lastly, who is this other broad cheese is talking about, and what caused you to compare the two of them?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to TV