Fargo

Fargo

Postby IhateTomBrady » 15 Apr 2014, 14:13

The promos shown during "The Americans" and "Justified" are awesome. It stars Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman. It seems to be "inspired by" but not a literal interpretation of the movie. Anyone else in on this? FX is already talking about going the True Detective route and having a rotating cast and new story each season if it's a hit.
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Re: Fargo

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 15 Apr 2014, 14:43

IhateTomBrady wrote:The promos shown during "The Americans" and "Justified" are awesome. It stars Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman. It seems to be "inspired by" but not a literal interpretation of the movie. Anyone else in on this? FX is already talking about going the True Detective route and having a rotating cast and new story each season if it's a hit.

The promos have been great. Not just Billy Bob and Freeman but also Dennis from Always Sunny, Key & Peele, Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul), Oliver Platt, and a buncha other "Hey it's that guy" people.

Either way, I'm in at least the first few weeks
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Briandong79 » 15 Apr 2014, 16:04

Yeah, they've already said this will be 10 weeks only for this particular storyline. Looks really good, pretty much a perfect role for Thornton and everyone else looks solid, though I'm surprised they cast a Brit (Freeman) for such an accent-heavy lead role. I've heard there are some nods to the movie but no real overlap, though I hope someone's car gets taken to Shep Proudfoot's garage for repair.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby nova » 16 Apr 2014, 08:31

The fellas at Chimpout are VERY excited for this show because there are no niggers.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 16 Apr 2014, 08:50

nova wrote:The fellas at Chimpout are VERY excited for this show because there are no niggers.

Not according to Sam Hess :corn:

And Billy Bob was basically the guy who goes around tricking everyone else into keeping it real so he can watch it go wrong. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 23 Apr 2014, 11:27

I imagine this episode got the bosux :thumbsup: of approval
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby bosux » 23 Apr 2014, 13:49

seen that one last night...i am enjoying this so far
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 16 May 2014, 14:05

Big fan so far, Billy Bob's killing it.

One complaint: Let's get stripper widow Kate Walsh some more screentime, k? thanx.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 11 Jun 2014, 15:15

to paraphrase Ghostbusters, if Billy Bob asks is this what you want, you say no

follow that and everything will be

I'm gonna miss this show after next Tuesday :/
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 12 Jun 2014, 00:12

Damn. Still think (hope) Malvo escapes, but I got no idea how this ends. A kid holding Bob Newhart in the Cheers stairwell??? Maybe.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby babylurch » 12 Jun 2014, 18:30

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Damn. Still think (hope) Malvo escapes, but I got no idea how this ends. A kid holding Bob Newhart in the Cheers stairwell??? Maybe.

Yeah, I have no clue who walks away.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 13 Jun 2014, 22:23

This last episode was an OT hockey playoff game, every second was full of tension and someone's life/the game could end at any second
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Jun 2014, 16:00

If it's like the movie then Billy Bob will be disgraced and Freeman will be captured like a bitch. I think they're aware they need to switch up the formula though so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I give this show a 9.5 'out of 10.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 19 Jun 2014, 08:31

I was late to the party and watched the whole season in the last week or so. Very well-done from start to finish, I give it 5 out of 5 bottles of white zin.

There was just one loose end that bothered me from one of the early episodes - what the hell did Lester do with his bag of bloody clothes?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 19 Jun 2014, 15:16

TheWolf wrote:I was late to the party and watched the whole season in the last week or so. Very well-done from start to finish, I give it 5 out of 5 bottles of white zin.

There was just one loose end that bothered me from one of the early episodes - what the hell did Lester do with his bag of bloody clothes?

Eh, just disposed of them offscreen.
Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
A bigger one is how the eff did Colin Hanks get a citation of bravery? He's a private citizen, that was an execution. Lock him up.

Malvo :sniff:

Still give it an A+. That was a fun run.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Next

Return to TV