House of Cards

Re: House of Cards

Postby Frank the Tank » 16 Apr 2017, 15:54

Just finished season 4 (I'm a timely TV watcher). While better than season 3, I still thought this was pretty weak. Kind of rambled on. Think it would've been great if they wrapped it up this season. Hopefully it all implodes in season 5 and they wrap it up. I doubt it though. The new showrunner in S5 may help. Spacey isn't signed past this season. Just end it. There's a really good season waiting in the implosion.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31557
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: House of Cards

Postby Theny » 16 Apr 2017, 17:46

Frank the Tank wrote:Just finished season 4 (I'm a timely TV watcher). While better than season 3, I still thought this was pretty weak. Kind of rambled on. Think it would've been great if they wrapped it up this season. Hopefully it all implodes in season 5 and they wrap it up. I doubt it though. The new showrunner in S5 may help. Spacey isn't signed past this season. Just end it. There's a really good season waiting in the implosion.


I'd like to see him somehow weasel his way into a 3rdterm.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30548
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: House of Cards

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Jul 2017, 18:08

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Finished season 5 of House of Cards. It was LOL bad. Unfortunately, they have set things up for a 6th season.


I read this a while back and lowered my expectations accordingly. Unfortunately, the show still failed to meet them. This show sucks.

I shouldn't bother spoiling this. It's all garbage.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
The number of ridiculous things go off the charts. In no particular order:

Secretary Durant fell down like eight steps, and she's conveniently unconscious? But no one is talking about how she's going to wake up eventually?

Conway just falls off the rails randomly and is dismissed in episode 9? And the Republicans agree not to support him and hand the election to the opposing party because they don't like him? Fuck that. See "Trump, Donald: 2016" for how stupid this idea is.

Now Claire's breaking the fourth wall? I understand that's necessary for set-up for season 6 apparently, but still jarring to just suddenly introduce it like they did. "It's not that I didn't know you're here..."

A woman with no feelings is riding a guy while he dies because she poisoned him? These people are beyond killing for convenience now. They're fucking serial killers. We're way off the rails.

Doug and Leanne just suddenly fuck? But then she has feelings for the guy who never trusted her? Then she dies? Is this supposed to set up Doug's crisis of support next season?

The Jane Davis character just shows up one day and is whisked to the bunker and given unfettered access to the president and first lady? Then they both trust her?

When the big turn happens at the beginning of episode 13 and Frank says he planned all of it, Claire says "Francis, this doesn't make any sense". Truer words were never spoken.

This is almost to hate-watching level, but it's really just garbage. The change of perspective suggested for season 6 is a little understandable given how stale the show has gotten, but they needed to end it this year. Or last year. Or after season 2. Yeah, after season 2.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31557
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: House of Cards

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 25 Jul 2017, 21:30

I think I read something where the guy who had been runnin the show had been forced out after last season, and there are two new people running the show for this past season. Wrong move.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18370
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: House of Cards

Postby Dthefritz » 25 Jul 2017, 22:40

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I think I read something where the guy who had been runnin the show had been forced out after last season, and there are two new people running the show for this past season. Wrong move.

I believe you are correct. I can never remember the guy's name, but it's something that sounds like a terrible novelist would make up.

I'm not going to be one of those people who takes that kind of information and uses it to look for all kinds of subtle ways the show has changed and totally sucks all of a sudden* But watching the first episode of this season, I just felt completely meh about the whole thing and couldn't bring myself to watch anymore. It happens.

* -as happened most recently with the perfectly cromulent season of Veep. Gee arr arr.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: House of Cards

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 25 Jul 2017, 23:06

Beau Willimon
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18370
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: House of Cards

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 26 Jul 2017, 11:21

Frank the Tank wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Finished season 5 of House of Cards. It was LOL bad. Unfortunately, they have set things up for a 6th season.


I read this a while back and lowered my expectations accordingly. Unfortunately, the show still failed to meet them. This show sucks.

I shouldn't bother spoiling this. It's all garbage.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
The number of ridiculous things go off the charts. In no particular order:

Secretary Durant fell down like eight steps, and she's conveniently unconscious? But no one is talking about how she's going to wake up eventually?

Conway just falls off the rails randomly and is dismissed in episode 9? And the Republicans agree not to support him and hand the election to the opposing party because they don't like him? Fuck that. See "Trump, Donald: 2016" for how stupid this idea is.

Now Claire's breaking the fourth wall? I understand that's necessary for set-up for season 6 apparently, but still jarring to just suddenly introduce it like they did. "It's not that I didn't know you're here..."

A woman with no feelings is riding a guy while he dies because she poisoned him? These people are beyond killing for convenience now. They're fucking serial killers. We're way off the rails.

Doug and Leanne just suddenly fuck? But then she has feelings for the guy who never trusted her? Then she dies? Is this supposed to set up Doug's crisis of support next season?

The Jane Davis character just shows up one day and is whisked to the bunker and given unfettered access to the president and first lady? Then they both trust her?

When the big turn happens at the beginning of episode 13 and Frank says he planned all of it, Claire says "Francis, this doesn't make any sense". Truer words were never spoken.

This is almost to hate-watching level, but it's really just garbage. The change of perspective suggested for season 6 is a little understandable given how stale the show has gotten, but they needed to end it this year. Or last year. Or after season 2. Yeah, after season 2.



Hahaha jesus I forgot about most of this because it was so fucking terrible. Just take this show out back and put it down.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13033
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: House of Cards

Postby nova » 27 Jul 2017, 10:16

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Finished season 5 of House of Cards. It was LOL bad. Unfortunately, they have set things up for a 6th season.


I read this a while back and lowered my expectations accordingly. Unfortunately, the show still failed to meet them. This show sucks.

I shouldn't bother spoiling this. It's all garbage.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
The number of ridiculous things go off the charts. In no particular order:

Secretary Durant fell down like eight steps, and she's conveniently unconscious? But no one is talking about how she's going to wake up eventually?

Conway just falls off the rails randomly and is dismissed in episode 9? And the Republicans agree not to support him and hand the election to the opposing party because they don't like him? Fuck that. See "Trump, Donald: 2016" for how stupid this idea is.

Now Claire's breaking the fourth wall? I understand that's necessary for set-up for season 6 apparently, but still jarring to just suddenly introduce it like they did. "It's not that I didn't know you're here..."

A woman with no feelings is riding a guy while he dies because she poisoned him? These people are beyond killing for convenience now. They're fucking serial killers. We're way off the rails.

Doug and Leanne just suddenly fuck? But then she has feelings for the guy who never trusted her? Then she dies? Is this supposed to set up Doug's crisis of support next season?

The Jane Davis character just shows up one day and is whisked to the bunker and given unfettered access to the president and first lady? Then they both trust her?

When the big turn happens at the beginning of episode 13 and Frank says he planned all of it, Claire says "Francis, this doesn't make any sense". Truer words were never spoken.

This is almost to hate-watching level, but it's really just garbage. The change of perspective suggested for season 6 is a little understandable given how stale the show has gotten, but they needed to end it this year. Or last year. Or after season 2. Yeah, after season 2.



Hahaha jesus I forgot about most of this because it was so fucking terrible. Just take this show out back and put it down.


Binged this show in the days preceding my re-employment. Loved season one and two, thought season three was good, season four was WTF and then they lost me with season five. Just let it die.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25499
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

Re: House of Cards

Postby Theny » 27 Jul 2017, 11:49

Yeah and having come this far might as well finish it.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30548
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: House of Cards

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 Jul 2017, 12:31

Theny wrote:Yeah and having come this far might as well finish it.


This would've been the perfect season to have it all implode. I'm convinced they could've done one good one on the fall of the Underwoods. Now I'm not even sure they can do that. It's their best hope though.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31557
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: House of Cards

Postby God Shamgod » 27 Jul 2017, 12:37

Maybe an Oz type spin off with Frank running shit in Federal PMITA prison.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5672
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Previous

Return to TV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest