Netflix (& Chill)

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby mister bacon » 08 May 2017, 11:32

SouthernYokel wrote:
-Cochran being portrayed as heroic is kind of weird. i assume that will turn a little bit at some point.

cochran and barry sheck are the only TRU heroes in the OJ trial. both of them had been watchdog civil rights attorneys after the LAPD for abuses of defendants and mishandling of evidence for a long time before OJ hired either of them. cochran is still held in very high regard by pretty much everyone in the l.a. legal community for everything he did before and after the OJ case.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Gregs Kite » 08 May 2017, 11:33

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:Your wife is like 29 right? That makes sense.

She's 33, she was 11-12 for this. i guess a murderous football player being chased through the streets of LA really slowly was not as attention catching for a pre-teen girl as it is for a teen boy.

The only reason I saw the chase is because my dad let me stay up to watch the basketball game. I obviously remember a lot more of the details, like you, but I can see how I was on the lower bound of caring about it. I had to have my dad and mom explain why he was so famous, as I hadn't seen a lot of the non-football things that made him famous.

Am I misremembering, but wasn't that game on earlier that day? Wasn't it a Sunday?

Jike, fix all this.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 08 May 2017, 11:39

Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:Your wife is like 29 right? That makes sense.

She's 33, she was 11-12 for this. i guess a murderous football player being chased through the streets of LA really slowly was not as attention catching for a pre-teen girl as it is for a teen boy.

The only reason I saw the chase is because my dad let me stay up to watch the basketball game. I obviously remember a lot more of the details, like you, but I can see how I was on the lower bound of caring about it. I had to have my dad and mom explain why he was so famous, as I hadn't seen a lot of the non-football things that made him famous.

Am I misremembering, but wasn't that game on earlier that day? Wasn't it a Sunday?

Jike, fix all this.

No, it was at night in the middle of the week. I remember this because before I left for my evening bar review class, they had the press conference asking OJ to turn himself in. My roommate and I debated not going to see what was going to happen.

After bar review we went to a bar, Out-R-Inn, UEM knows where I mean, and sat on the back patio where they had the NBA Finals/Car chase on the split screnen

eta: Google says it was a Friday, so it was a weekday. We had Bar Review Monday through Friday.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Rodney Farva » 08 May 2017, 11:54

yeah, i remember it was a friday. me and the missus were driving from dc up to my dad's outside of philly, we missed most of the fun stuff while on the road. the 'chase' was all but done when we got there.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Frank the Tank » 08 May 2017, 11:57

It was on split screen with the basketball game. Surreal.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JichaelDick » 08 May 2017, 12:20

It was definitely a Friday night. My uncles and grandparents had come up to watch me play a baseball game that night (we won 14-3, no doubt due to my 1-2 performance with 2 walks). Also, if you watched the documentary "June 17, 1994," you discover that that day ALSO saw Arnold Palmer's last ever US Open round. He missed the cut, meaning it HAD to be a Friday.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 May 2017, 14:25

mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
-Cochran being portrayed as heroic is kind of weird. i assume that will turn a little bit at some point.

cochran and barry sheck are the only TRU heroes in the OJ trial. both of them had been watchdog civil rights attorneys after the LAPD for abuses of defendants and mishandling of evidence for a long time before OJ hired either of them. cochran is still held in very high regard by pretty much everyone in the l.a. legal community for everything he did before and after the OJ case.

ok fine, but in his defense of OJ Simpson i feel like at some point there's got to be some sort of internal conflict like "is it worth it to the community for me to get this double murdering weirdo who doesn't even believe he's black acquitted?" They seem to be playing this like he believes OJ is innocent because of his word, which, come on.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mister bacon » 08 May 2017, 16:03

SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

ok fine, but in his defense of OJ Simpson i feel like at some point there's got to be some sort of internal conflict like "is it worth it to the community for me to get this double murdering weirdo who doesn't even believe he's black acquitted?" They seem to be playing this like he believes OJ is innocent because of his word, which, come on.

but thats the genius of what cochran and sheck did. they put the LAPD on (a long, overdue) trial instead of the juice. they didn't prove OJ was innocent, they just proved that the LAPD and prosecution lacked the evidence to find him guilty because they botched the case. the lead detective perjured himself (for no reason!) and the DNA evidence was contaminated. at that point it doesnt matter whether oj did it because the burden is on the state to prove it and they fucked up the case doing the same shit they do to pretty much every other defendant in the county. why do you think we have people getting out of jail on account of botched DNA evidence like almost daily now based on lab techs fucking shit up?

cant speak for donger or mj but once you get that far into a case you sort of zone out about whatever consequences happen if your client gets found not guilty. you're just thinking about mechanics and evidence. at least i do.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby babylurch » 08 May 2017, 19:10

mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

but thats the genius of what cochran and sheck did. they put the LAPD on (a long, overdue) trial instead of the juice. they didn't prove OJ was innocent, they just proved that the LAPD and prosecution lacked the evidence to find him guilty because they botched the case. the lead detective perjured himself (for no reason!) and the DNA evidence was contaminated. at that point it doesnt matter whether oj did it because the burden is on the state to prove it and they fucked up the case doing the same shit they do to pretty much every other defendant in the county. why do you think we have people getting out of jail on account of botched DNA evidence like almost daily now based on lab techs fucking shit up?

cant speak for donger or mj but once you get that far into a case you sort of zone out about whatever consequences happen if your client gets found not guilty. you're just thinking about mechanics and evidence. at least i do.

Cochran got busted for practicing law without a license in Connecticut for trying to represent Ray Allen in a complaint about his dogs barking.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Rodney Farva » 08 May 2017, 21:51

babylurch wrote:Cochran got busted for practicing law without a license in Connecticut for trying to represent Ray Allen in a complaint about his dogs barking.

prez's sis* needs her sleep, man

* or cousin or friend's wife or whoever the connection is.... uh okay.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 May 2017, 13:23

mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

you can gloss over your client brutally stabbing 2 people to death? like, continuing to stab them after they were dead and shearing one of their heads almost completely off? ok. i would not be able to do that.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 May 2017, 13:31

SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

you can gloss over your client brutally stabbing 2 people to death? like, continuing to stab them after they were dead and shearing one of their heads almost completely off? ok. i would not be able to do that.

Yeah but dude, those cops went on trial! Fuck them! Genius!
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby the cheese » 09 May 2017, 13:39

SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

And you wanted to be my latex salesman!
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 May 2017, 14:00

on the other hand, the alternate reality where OJ is found guilty and black people of LA make the rodney king riots look like a MLB stare fight...

that was just gonna be shitty no matter what. i guess that's why it's also compelling as a tv show.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mister bacon » 09 May 2017, 14:17

SouthernYokel wrote:you can gloss over your client brutally stabbing 2 people to death? like, continuing to stab them after they were dead and shearing one of their heads almost completely off? ok. i would not be able to do that.

for better or worse that sort of moral flexibility is sort of required when you defend anyone for murder. :beatsme:

if you can't do that you shouldn't take murder cases.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

PreviousNext

Return to TV