Netflix (& Chill)

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Mar 2017, 12:14

JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:OK. Watched the first episode. Probably shouldn't have done so while eating.

Good to see The Waitress getting some work.


There are a few episodes with gore on that level. Good stuff.

The Waitress has some good material. The daughter is funny too.


Thinking about this as a possibility after my OJ run. Does it earn a rec from the board?


More people I know have found it funny than not, but there's a sizeable minority who didn't like it. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 70% so I guess that's about the epitome of a soft rec.


"soft rec" is what I call my bedroom moves


rekt.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20286
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby Briandong79 » 15 Mar 2017, 12:23

Master of None comes back on May 12. Looking forward to it. Will 100% watch.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29052
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Mar 2017, 12:31

Briandong79 wrote:Master of None comes back on May 12. Looking forward to it. Will 100% watch.


Good looking out. Until Louie comes back I need a comedy that isn't funny to fill my queue.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20286
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby Briandong79 » 15 Mar 2017, 12:32

Gregs Kite wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Master of None comes back on May 12. Looking forward to it. Will 100% watch.


Good looking out. Until Louie comes back I need a comedy that isn't funny to fill my queue.


I found Master of None to be very funny. :beatsme:
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29052
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby CourtesyFlush » 15 Mar 2017, 12:46

Briandong79 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Master of None comes back on May 12. Looking forward to it. Will 100% watch.


Good looking out. Until Louie comes back I need a comedy that isn't funny to fill my queue.


I found Master of None to be very funny. :beatsme:

:plusone:
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 13401
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Mar 2017, 12:52

Two Chappelle specials on March 21st.

User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17252
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 Mar 2017, 13:26

i agree with greg on master of none. that was a pretty depressing comedy with some funny stuff interspersed in there. i did not enjoy it much.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28007
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Mar 2017, 13:31

I thought it was great and will watch season two. You other guys can stick to CBS comedies.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17252
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 15 Mar 2017, 13:33

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:You other guys can stick to CBS comedies.


#SAVAGE



Did I do that right?
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 11028
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby the cheese » 15 Mar 2017, 13:35

SouthernYokel wrote:i agree with greg on master of none. that was a pretty depressing comedy with some funny stuff interspersed in there. i did not enjoy it much.


I haven't seen anything beyond the first two episodes, but I agree with this assessment and say the same thing about Louie.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 16636
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Mar 2017, 13:37

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:You other guys can stick to CBS comedies.


#SAVAGE



Did I do that right?


Nope.

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:i agree with greg on master of none. that was a pretty depressing comedy with some funny stuff interspersed in there. i did not enjoy it much.


I haven't seen anything beyond the first two episodes, but I agree with this assessment and say the same thing about Louie.


The cringe comedies are the craft beer breweries of televised comedy these days. Once you get past the initial novelty, they fade rather quickly.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20286
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby Briandong79 » 15 Mar 2017, 13:39

Gregs Kite wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:You other guys can stick to CBS comedies.


#SAVAGE



Did I do that right?


Nope.

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:i agree with greg on master of none. that was a pretty depressing comedy with some funny stuff interspersed in there. i did not enjoy it much.


I haven't seen anything beyond the first two episodes, but I agree with this assessment and say the same thing about Louie.


The cringe comedies are the craft beer breweries of televised comedy these days. Once you get past the initial novelty, they fade rather quickly.


I must have watched a different show. The Office was more of a cringe comedy than Master of None to me.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29052
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby the cheese » 15 Mar 2017, 13:41

Briandong79 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:You other guys can stick to CBS comedies.


#SAVAGE



Did I do that right?


Nope.

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:i agree with greg on master of none. that was a pretty depressing comedy with some funny stuff interspersed in there. i did not enjoy it much.


I haven't seen anything beyond the first two episodes, but I agree with this assessment and say the same thing about Louie.


The cringe comedies are the craft beer breweries of televised comedy these days. Once you get past the initial novelty, they fade rather quickly.


I must have watched a different show. The Office was more of a cringe comedy than Master of None to me.


I didn't like the Office either. Too awkward and I hated Dwight.

Depicting an honest assessment of how most people would interact with their day-to-day lives in a 30 minute setting is not my definition of comedy. Sorry.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 16636
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Mar 2017, 13:49

Briandong79 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:You other guys can stick to CBS comedies.


#SAVAGE



Did I do that right?


Nope.

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:i agree with greg on master of none. that was a pretty depressing comedy with some funny stuff interspersed in there. i did not enjoy it much.


I haven't seen anything beyond the first two episodes, but I agree with this assessment and say the same thing about Louie.


The cringe comedies are the craft beer breweries of televised comedy these days. Once you get past the initial novelty, they fade rather quickly.


I must have watched a different show. The Office was more of a cringe comedy than Master of None to me.


The key word being comedy, which indicates laughter.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20286
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 Mar 2017, 13:52

Briandong79 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:You other guys can stick to CBS comedies.


#SAVAGE



Did I do that right?


Nope.

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:i agree with greg on master of none. that was a pretty depressing comedy with some funny stuff interspersed in there. i did not enjoy it much.


I haven't seen anything beyond the first two episodes, but I agree with this assessment and say the same thing about Louie.


The cringe comedies are the craft beer breweries of televised comedy these days. Once you get past the initial novelty, they fade rather quickly.


I must have watched a different show. The Office was more of a cringe comedy than Master of None to me.


i don't think master of none was a cringe comedy (though it certainly has those moments in it). i think it's more like the classical definition of comedy where it's sad/tragic more often than it's funny. it was well made, it's just not my bag.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28007
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

PreviousNext

Return to TV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests