Netflix (& Chill)

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby mister bacon » 08 Nov 2017, 14:53

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Finished off Stranger Things 2 last night. Thought it was a significant improvement over Season 1. Thoughts below

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Positives
Season MVP was Steve.
All of the new characters worked for me (except the weird punk episode, obviously)
Was the scene in the last episode where Winona and Nancy were all sweaty and in wet shirts supposed to be hot? Well, it was. No pun intended.
The death this season was a lot more impactful than Barb.

Negatives
Eleven didn't get much to do
Aforementioned weird punk episode didn't really work

Finished it, the last episode was a good finale....

...And then the last scene. I don't know how they're gonna keep the Upside Down going.

i think they skip it next season and bring it back for season 4. i think next season we get more of number 8 and her outlaw punks.

also pj look away from this

x-post (mud) shark week
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 Nov 2017, 15:30

mister bacon wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Finished off Stranger Things 2 last night. Thought it was a significant improvement over Season 1. Thoughts below

Positives
Season MVP was Steve.
All of the new characters worked for me (except the weird punk episode, obviously)
Was the scene in the last episode where Winona and Nancy were all sweaty and in wet shirts supposed to be hot? Well, it was. No pun intended.
The death this season was a lot more impactful than Barb.

Negatives
Eleven didn't get much to do
Aforementioned weird punk episode didn't really work

Finished it, the last episode was a good finale....

...And then the last scene. I don't know how they're gonna keep the Upside Down going.

i think they skip it next season and bring it back for season 4. i think next season we get more of number 8 and her outlaw punks.

also pj look away from this

x-post (mud) shark week

can you imagine how large these children will be if they skip an entire year? they'll end up having to explain the growth spurts via some kind of Hawkins radiation or something.
"oh right, eleven grew an ass and titties in the last 2 weeks because of the smoke monster and also dang, Will's mom is stringing christmas lights up in her living room again better go see what's going on"
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 08 Nov 2017, 19:09

Should just ended it after two seasons like the Brits. No need to always run shit into the ground.

008 will not be seen again except for a brief mention on a news report were a band of Chicago outlaws were gunned down by the authorities.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 14 Nov 2017, 15:57

Punisher starts on Friday.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 19 Nov 2017, 00:06

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Punisher starts on Friday.

Five episodes in, pretty damn good. I'm assuming I'm about to hit those middle episodes used as filler so Marvel can pad the series out to meet the 13 episodes Netflix ordered.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 21 Nov 2017, 13:42

We watched Master of None Season 2, it was solid. Remembers it is a comedy but still mixes in some funny stuff. The back half of the season is definitely better than the front half. The Thanksgiving episode is great, easily the highlight of the season for me. 2nd would probably be the speed dating episode.

One spoilered thought related to the season finale:
The entire plot about Chef Jeff being a perv and harassing all of the women is amazingly on topic for a show that aired in May and so obviously was filmed well before that.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 21 Nov 2017, 21:18

Punisher episode 10 was the balls.

Their tv shows might be better these days.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 21 Nov 2017, 22:38

Yeah, it was a great episode. But, at first, I had to back out of it to see if I had skipped an episode. I was confused what was going on.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Nov 2017, 13:34

We started watching Mindhunter over the weekend. Kind of weird stylized choices in places, the dialogue is a little strange. I enjoyed the flat girlfriend getting naked and using the dirty words in episode 1.

I've been to Fairfield, IA. I don't know if any famous murder happened there.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JT99 » 28 Nov 2017, 09:07

Briandong79 wrote:We started watching Mindhunter over the weekend. Kind of weird stylized choices in places, the dialogue is a little strange. I enjoyed the flat girlfriend getting naked and using the dirty words in episode 1.

Excellent <tapping fingers.gif> [/-bjs]
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Nov 2017, 09:08

JT99 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:We started watching Mindhunter over the weekend. Kind of weird stylized choices in places, the dialogue is a little strange. I enjoyed the flat girlfriend getting naked and using the dirty words in episode 1.

Excellent <tapping fingers.gif> [/-bjs]

Ha. I enjoyed the girlfriend getting eaten out in episode 2. I'm not sure what these segments have to do with any kind of plot, but I'm enjoying them.

Speaking of -bjs, his role as Ed Kemper was top notch.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gregs Kite » 29 Nov 2017, 20:56

The Jim and Andy documentary was excellent. Carrey is long gone.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 29 Nov 2017, 22:19

Gregs Kite wrote:The Jim and Andy documentary was excellent. Carrey is long gone.

Would someone enjoy it if they didn't particularly care about the man at the outset? Tyia
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 30 Nov 2017, 05:25

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:The Jim and Andy documentary was excellent. Carrey is long gone.

Would someone enjoy it if they didn't particularly care about the man at the outset? Tyia

My opinion: no. And agree with gregs, jim seems really detached from the world now.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 30 Nov 2017, 07:44

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

My opinion: no. And agree with gregs, jim seems really detached from the world now.

If you don't care about Carrey, ehhhh. If you don't care about Kaufman, it will annoy the shit out of you.

Needless to say I loved it.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to TV