Netflix (& Chill)

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby TheWolf » 16 Mar 2017, 08:49

Briandong79 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:OK. Watched the first episode. Probably shouldn't have done so while eating.

Good to see The Waitress getting some work.


There are a few episodes with gore on that level. Good stuff.

The Waitress has some good material. The daughter is funny too.


Thinking about this as a possibility after my OJ run. Does it earn a rec from the board?


I liked it. I think I was BO'd for the last 2 eps, so I don't really remember how it ended and will probably need to re-watch those. But it made me laugh pretty consistently.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 15830
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Mar 2017, 16:43

I just want someone to put together a summary of the Iron Fist season so I don't have to watch the stupid thing but I can have a thumbnail sketch of what happened.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29051
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 21 Mar 2017, 15:06

Briandong79 wrote:I just want someone to put together a summary of the Iron Fist season so I don't have to watch the stupid thing but I can have a thumbnail sketch of what happened.


io9 has your hookup:

Netflix and Marvel’s Iron Fist is not good TV. It is bad and boring TV with terrible fight scenes and a lead actor who comes from the “petulant grimace” school of acting. The only reason to watch Iron Fist is so you can be prepared for The Defenders, the epic series that will cross Iron Fist over with the casts of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. Instead, let us save you some time.


http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-the-import ... 1793445273
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17249
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby Frank the Tank » 21 Mar 2017, 15:34

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I just want someone to put together a summary of the Iron Fist season so I don't have to watch the stupid thing but I can have a thumbnail sketch of what happened.


io9 has your hookup:

Netflix and Marvel’s Iron Fist is not good TV. It is bad and boring TV with terrible fight scenes and a lead actor who comes from the “petulant grimace” school of acting. The only reason to watch Iron Fist is so you can be prepared for The Defenders, the epic series that will cross Iron Fist over with the casts of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. Instead, let us save you some time.


http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-the-import ... 1793445273


That was very helpful. GLO. Now do I take the time to watch Luke Cage? I'm feeling like I've hit my Marvel quota for a bit.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 30984
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 21 Mar 2017, 15:37

I thought Luke Cage was OK, but a step down from DD and Jessica Jones. Though I can't remember exactly why other than the second half season's villain sucked.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17249
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby Briandong79 » Yesterday, 10:12

Briandong79 wrote:Master of None comes back on May 12. Looking forward to it. Will 100% watch.


And now Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt coming back on May 19. Netflix is bringing their comedy big guns out at the same time (Fuller House is actually their biggest gun, but still).
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29051
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Netflix (& Chill)

Postby MisterTambourineMan » Yesterday, 10:17

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I thought Luke Cage was OK, but a step down from DD and Jessica Jones. Though I can't remember exactly why other than the second half season's villain sucked.


I liked Luke Cage too, but the first villain definitely carried it - OSCAR WINNER. The lead chick has some fantastic taters.

Thank you for the Iron Fist rundown because I just can't with that one.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 11028
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Previous

Return to TV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest