Doctor Who

Doctor Who

Postby mister bacon » 05 Aug 2013, 11:29

so the wife and i have started watching doctor who after the bit goes to bed each night. just finished up season 1 of the reboot, aka the ninth doctor. anyone else watch the new show, or the older ones from the eighties?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Re: Doctor Who

Postby JT99 » 05 Aug 2013, 11:36

I'm halfway through season 4. Like any show, there's some solid highs and some crummy low points but, all in all, quite entertaining.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 05 Aug 2013, 11:41

I used to watch the old series on PBS in the 80's, even went to a Doctor Who convention in 1989. #nerdbrag

I watched the new series too. But I didn't see the last season or the current one. Good show, can be hit or miss.

After the second season of the Doctor Who revival, you should look into the spinoff, Torchwood.

Little disappointing that Stringer Bell wasn't picked to be the new Doctor.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby mister bacon » 05 Aug 2013, 11:57

wow, you went to a doctor who convention in the eighties? damn, that's some serious nerd credibility right there.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 05 Aug 2013, 12:14

The stereotypes of sci-fi convention goers is true.

Sat in on a panel that had the fifth doctor and some companions on it. The questions from some of these people...

"In episode XYZ can you tell me what was going on in your mind when you were facing so and so?"

Uh, he's an actor repeating lines he memorized. He was probably thinking "don't fuck this scene up so we have to do another take because I want to go have a drink."
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby JT99 » 05 Aug 2013, 12:18

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:The stereotypes of sci-fi convention goers is true.

Sat in on a panel that had the fifth doctor and some companions on it. The questions from some of these people...

"In episode XYZ can you tell me what was going on in your mind when you were facing so and so?"

Uh, he's an actor repeating lines he memorized. He was probably thinking "don't fuck this scene up so we have to do another take because I want to go have a drink."

When I sold animation art and attending Comic-Cons (#nerdcred), I had several conversations with those type of dudes. I think that I was able to sell so well at times because they thought I was their best friend because I listened.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Aug 2013, 12:22

mister bacon wrote:so the wife and i have started watching doctor who after the bit goes to bed each night. just finished up season 1 of the reboot, aka the ninth doctor. anyone else watch the new show, or the older ones from the eighties?

My next door neighbor's dad watched it in the 80s. I saw it a couple times. I wanted to kill myself it was so awful. To the point I dont even like seeing the title of this show. Lock this thread pls.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Briandong79 » 05 Aug 2013, 12:26

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
mister bacon wrote:so the wife and i have started watching doctor who after the bit goes to bed each night. just finished up season 1 of the reboot, aka the ninth doctor. anyone else watch the new show, or the older ones from the eighties?

My next door neighbor's dad watched it in the 80s. I saw it a couple times. I wanted to kill myself it was so awful. To the point I dont even like seeing the title of this show. Lock this thread pls.

Balls, we can't go around locking every thread that makes you want to kill yourself. We'd have virtually nothing left.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Aug 2013, 12:31

Briandong79 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

Balls, we can't go around locking every thread that makes you want to kill yourself. We'd have virtually nothing left.

Oh thats not true. I like at least 4 threads.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby SDGuy » 05 Aug 2013, 18:51

I watched the first 2 seasons of the reboot with my girlfriend. Put it on hold when she moved this summer.
Montecore's Revenge wrote:Protip: When you slit your wrists make sure you go north-south and not east-west. It will be harder for them to save you and it won't send out as much of a "just a cry for help, not a serious attempt" vibe
SDGuy
Basketball Jesus

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 06 Aug 2013, 05:04

Tom Baker IS Doctor Who to me.

I will watch the new incarnations of the show if it's on, but it's not something I actively go looking for.
#2C4S
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Rodney Farva » 06 Aug 2013, 05:10

i think of tom baker as the voice-over guy from little britain (where he's quite good)
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby SDGuy » 06 Aug 2013, 16:03

There's a lot of people bitching online about how every Doctor is a white male. Avoid those articles and comment sections under those articles.
Montecore's Revenge wrote:Protip: When you slit your wrists make sure you go north-south and not east-west. It will be harder for them to save you and it won't send out as much of a "just a cry for help, not a serious attempt" vibe
SDGuy
Basketball Jesus

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Aug 2013, 16:05

SDGuy wrote:There's a lot of people bitching online about how every Doctor is a white male. Avoid those articles and comment sections under those articles.

Yeah, I think it's a legitimate criticism of the show so I don't mind the articles (yes I read shit about shows I don't even watch), but agreed, the comment sections are about as bad as it gets.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby mister bacon » 06 Aug 2013, 16:15

yeah, any comment section about anything related to black people is to pretty much be avoided.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Next

Return to TV