ESPN Sucks

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby TheWolf » 19 Oct 2017, 13:23

Dr Jeckyll wrote:I think that podcast misses Nate Ravitz alot, i stopped listening entirely this year.


I loved Ravitz, too. Field knows more football than he does, and also does a decent job with keeping it light and trying to be funny and stuff. But Nate was entertaining as hell IMO.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 19439
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby jman » 19 Oct 2017, 15:16

CourtesyFlush wrote:Matthew Berry is one of the best guys at ESPN right now. And as for area of expertise--Berry:Fantasy::Pereira:Officiating--they're the best at what they do.

ETA: Also, Field Yates--SWOON.


I would go more with Berry:Fantasy::Kiper:Draft. If you throw enough shit against the wall something is going to stick and you look like you know what the hell you're talking about.
User avatar
jman
Bruce Dickinson
 
Posts: 861
Joined: 11 Nov 2008, 21:35
Location: stayin thirsty

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby TheWolf » 19 Oct 2017, 15:38

jman wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Matthew Berry is one of the best guys at ESPN right now. And as for area of expertise--Berry:Fantasy::Pereira:Officiating--they're the best at what they do.

ETA: Also, Field Yates--SWOON.


I would go more with Berry:Fantasy::Kiper:Draft. If you throw enough shit against the wall something is going to stick and you look like you know what the hell you're talking about.


Fair. That's probably true of basically every fantasy "expert." And the draft guys too, for that matter. I feel like Berry gets a bad rap among fantasy nerds because he's too mainstream or something. You're only cool if you have your own over-priced website; ESPN is lame. But the guy knows his shit and works his ass off, and I usually enjoy his work.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 19439
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby Rodney Farva » 19 Oct 2017, 19:02

TheWolf wrote:
jman wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Matthew Berry is one of the best guys at ESPN right now. And as for area of expertise--Berry:Fantasy::Pereira:Officiating--they're the best at what they do.

ETA: Also, Field Yates--SWOON.


I would go more with Berry:Fantasy::Kiper:Draft. If you throw enough shit against the wall something is going to stick and you look like you know what the hell you're talking about.


Fair. That's probably true of basically every fantasy "expert" on tv talking about anything. And the draft guys too, for that matter. I feel like Berry gets a bad rap among fantasy nerds because he's too mainstream or something. You're only cool if you have your own over-priced website; ESPN is lame. But the guy knows his shit and works his ass off, and I usually enjoy his work.


FIFY

and not knowing who that person is, the results of my field yates GIS were quite disappointing.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 25298
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby TheWolf » 19 Oct 2017, 22:14

Rodney Farva wrote:
and not knowing who that person is, the results of my field yates GIS were quite disappointing.


So you don't want to steam his milk?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 19439
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby God Shamgod » 20 Oct 2017, 14:11

You lames caping up for Matthew Berry. Guy sucks. This post presented by Draft Kings.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5730
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby chrisco » 22 Oct 2017, 19:15

God Shamgod wrote:You lames caping up for Matthew Berry. Guy sucks. This post presented by Draft Kings.

I'm with Shammy here. Like I need 3000 words about the shmaltzy emails he gets before he ever talks about actual fantasy.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12575
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Oct 2017, 11:38

40-60 more getting laid off by the end of the year, mix of "talent" and behind the scenes people this time. WaPo says SportsCenter will be hard hit.

ETA: Also, sounds like when Beadle goes to Greeny's new show, Katie Nolan is expected to take over SportsNation.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31427
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Oct 2017, 12:59

Briandong79 wrote:40-60 more getting laid off by the end of the year, mix of "talent" and behind the scenes people this time. WaPo says SportsCenter will be hard hit.

ETA: Also, sounds like when Beadle goes to Greeny's new show, Katie Nolan is expected to take over SportsNation.

Hope they dump the Golics. I can see them not whining at all!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31504
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby mj3528 » 27 Oct 2017, 13:08

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:40-60 more getting laid off by the end of the year, mix of "talent" and behind the scenes people this time. WaPo says SportsCenter will be hard hit.

ETA: Also, sounds like when Beadle goes to Greeny's new show, Katie Nolan is expected to take over SportsNation.

Hope they dump the Golics. I can see them not whining at all!


That was my easy prediction for Katie Nolan.

The Golics are not getting dumped. Wingo is out promoting Golic and Wingo. Mike Golic, jr. is too cheap to dump at this point.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9797
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby the cheese » 27 Oct 2017, 13:20

mj3528 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:40-60 more getting laid off by the end of the year, mix of "talent" and behind the scenes people this time. WaPo says SportsCenter will be hard hit.

ETA: Also, sounds like when Beadle goes to Greeny's new show, Katie Nolan is expected to take over SportsNation.

Hope they dump the Golics. I can see them not whining at all!


That was my easy prediction for Katie Nolan.

The Golics are not getting dumped. Wingo is out promoting Golic and Wingo. Mike Golic, jr. is too cheap to dump at this point.


Mike Golic, Jr. is the cheese of sports talk radio. Terrible taste, not very good, keeps failing upwards, too goddamn fratty.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 18539
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby mj3528 » 27 Oct 2017, 14:00

the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:40-60 more getting laid off by the end of the year, mix of "talent" and behind the scenes people this time. WaPo says SportsCenter will be hard hit.

ETA: Also, sounds like when Beadle goes to Greeny's new show, Katie Nolan is expected to take over SportsNation.

Hope they dump the Golics. I can see them not whining at all!


That was my easy prediction for Katie Nolan.

The Golics are not getting dumped. Wingo is out promoting Golic and Wingo. Mike Golic, jr. is too cheap to dump at this point.


Mike Golic, Jr. is the cheese of sports talk radio. Terrible taste, not very good, keeps failing upwards, too goddamn fratty.


I get the impression that he portrays himself as the sensitive/white knight guy towards women and doesn't have much success.

As I have mentioned before, Yokel drew this to my attention, but he does the dumb guy thing of trying to use big words to sound smart and uses them incorrectly. It is a treat to hear when he does that.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9797
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby CourtesyFlush » 04 Dec 2017, 11:00

Nice of Steve Levy to refer to Brett McMurphy as "our own" when reporting that McMurphy broke the Scott Frost to Nebraska news during the AAC championship game.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14867
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Dec 2017, 11:38

CourtesyFlush wrote:Nice of Steve Levy to refer to Brett McMurphy as "our own" when reporting that McMurphy broke the Scott Frost to Nebraska news during the AAC championship game.


I'm not 100% sure that wasn't a shot at Skipper rather than a fuckup. Like, "yeah, this guy who was kicking ass and is a friend of mine broke this, goddamn right he's ours. Fuck you, Skipper."
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26437
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby CourtesyFlush » 04 Dec 2017, 11:57

JichaelDick wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Nice of Steve Levy to refer to Brett McMurphy as "our own" when reporting that McMurphy broke the Scott Frost to Nebraska news during the AAC championship game.


I'm not 100% sure that wasn't a shot at Skipper rather than a fuckup. Like, "yeah, this guy who was kicking ass and is a friend of mine broke this, goddamn right he's ours. Fuck you, Skipper."

Bucci's 'ours forever' follow up tweet was great too.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14867
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PreviousNext

Return to TV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests