ESPN Sucks

Re: ESPN Sucks

Postby Dthefritz » 31 Jan 2017, 08:23

Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Do we really think this is a bad look? It's ok to protest, but it's not ok to complain about how the protesters are fucking things up for bystanders? I can't even.

Funny, I thought it was reasonable to expect when you travel somewhere via an airport you should reasonably, barring weather or mechanical or Jew Hating EOs by DRUMPF, expect to depart and arrive on time, and should you dare be selfish and ignore the righteous cause of thousands of white people clogging up your terminal with signs championing the rights of people they don't know, you should expect to face the wrath of tens of thousands of angry men and women with social media accounts and well thought out thoughts.

So why are you allowed to complain about it but not Sage Steele?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 Jan 2017, 08:25

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Do we really think this is a bad look? It's ok to protest, but it's not ok to complain about how the protesters are fucking things up for bystanders? I can't even.

Funny, I thought it was reasonable to expect when you travel somewhere via an airport you should reasonably, barring weather or mechanical or Jew Hating EOs by DRUMPF, expect to depart and arrive on time, and should you dare be selfish and ignore the righteous cause of thousands of white people clogging up your terminal with signs championing the rights of people they don't know, you should expect to face the wrath of tens of thousands of angry men and women with social media accounts and well thought out thoughts.

Forgive me for not originally including my sarcasm font. Sage Steele has every right to complain about this. And then call me if she needs a shoulder to cry on.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 31 Jan 2017, 08:31

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Forgive me for not originally including my sarcasm font. Sage Steele has every right to complain about this. And then call me if she needs a shoulder to cry on.

TY for clarifying. I sometimes lose track of who you're trying to troll.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby TheWolf » 31 Jan 2017, 08:48

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

I'm sorry, we were looking for "because I'm white."
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 31 Jan 2017, 10:34

I have a question. So is Sage Steele going to be in hot water over this?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Briandong79 » 31 Jan 2017, 10:37

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I have a question. So is Sage Steele going to be in hot water over this?

She hasn't tweeted since yesterday so I guess it's theoretically possible she's on a Twitter ban, which is one of ESPN's specialties. Otherwise, no.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JichaelDick » 31 Jan 2017, 10:37

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I have a question. So is Sage Steele going to be in hot water over this?

I...I don't know. I know that LeBatard criticized her yesterday, and I know that ESPN tries to avoid political controversy. That said, Sarah Spain legit marched in the Women's March two weekends ago, and I can imagine Steele would bring that up if something were to come up (and it would be hilarious..."You let this white girl from the richest suburb in Chicago march and didn't say a word, but I post an Instagram photo and now I'm in trouble? WHITE PRIVILEGE!") I guess that's a long way of saying, probably nothing public, more a "be careful you make it clear your words represent you and only you, Sage" talking to.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby chrisco » 31 Jan 2017, 11:15

Take it to the Make ESPN Great AGAIN thread.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 Jan 2017, 11:19

chrisco wrote:Take it to the Make ESPN Great AGAIN thread.

Why is again all capped out?

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 31 Jan 2017, 11:28

Gregs Kite wrote:
chrisco wrote:Take it to the Make ESPN Great AGAIN thread.

Why is again all capped out?

BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 22 Feb 2017, 12:55

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Dthefritz » 24 Feb 2017, 09:06

From the front page of espn.com

Green lifts his leg and makes contact with Blake Griffin's body.

Too bad there exists no verb in modern standard English that expresses such an action more simply than that.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Feb 2017, 09:10

Dthefritz wrote:From the front page of espn.com

Too bad there exists no verb in modern standard English that expresses such an action more simply than that.

Other than my stupid fake football league, I cannot remember the last time I went to ESPN.com on purpose. Sounds like I'm missing a bunch. :roll:

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 24 Feb 2017, 09:16

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:From the front page of espn.com

Other than my stupid fake football league, I cannot remember the last time I went to ESPN.com on purpose. Sounds like I'm missing a bunch. :roll:

TBH, I went there specifically to see if they'd soft pedal this incident. They tend not to disappoint
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Mar 2017, 10:09

http://deadspin.com/here-come-big-espn- ... 1793002796

ESPN is going to start shitcanning people and this time it's going to be on air talent, not guys like the Schwab behind the scenes.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to TV