The Americans

Re: The Americans

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 08 Apr 2016, 10:29

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby chrisco » 08 Apr 2016, 10:40

God Shamgod wrote:I didn't think they did it like that right there in the guys office area. Like maybe put a tarp down or something.

Also, for anyone watching Billions, Pastor Tim is Dollar Bill. Mind blown.

I am on ep 7 of Billions right now. My mind is blown.

Sham - do I need to get through the first season before wading into that thread?
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Frank the Tank » 08 Apr 2016, 10:47

According to the executive producers, that final scene in the last episode...

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
...was exactly how executions were carried out in the USSR. The idea was that it was the Soviets' version of being humane. The goal was to reduce the period of emotional suffering knowing that you were condemned. They have a consultant from the USSR who worked for the army or intelligence service or something.

While I'm not surprised they didn't do it in an office (floors looked easy to mop) you'd think the guy in the desk would want more of an angle on the fatal bullet. He was kind of in the line of fire if the bullet deflected off the skull upon exit.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby God Shamgod » 08 Apr 2016, 10:48

chrisco wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:I didn't think they did it like that right there in the guys office area. Like maybe put a tarp down or something.

Also, for anyone watching Billions, Pastor Tim is Dollar Bill. Mind blown.

I am on ep 7 of Billions right now. My mind is blown.

Sham - do I need to get through the first season before wading into that thread?

Not much activity in it. You should be fine.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 08 Apr 2016, 13:05

Frank the Tank wrote:According to the executive producers, that final scene in the last episode...

...was exactly how executions were carried out in the USSR. The idea was that it was the Soviets' version of being humane. The goal was to reduce the period of emotional suffering knowing that you were condemned. They have a consultant from the USSR who worked for the army or intelligence service or something.

While I'm not surprised they didn't do it in an office (floors looked easy to mop) you'd think the guy in the desk would want more of an angle on the fatal bullet. He was kind of in the line of fire if the bullet deflected off the skull upon exit.

Even before saying she was guilty I was afraid they were gonna just plug her in the hallway, especially after the guy in front moved behind her through the door. Whole thing was reminiscent of the execution in Darkness at Noon.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Rodney Farva » 10 Apr 2016, 12:07

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:According to the executive producers, that final scene in the last episode...

Even before saying she was guilty I was afraid they were gonna just plug her in the hallway, especially after the guy in front moved behind her through the door. Whole thing was reminiscent of the execution in Darkness at Noon.

i thought the guy who pronounced the appeal was denied did move aside a bit, probably to avoid the splatter.

dumb detail that bugged me, doe: she's bleeding out, but when the pick her body up there's no dripping or further flow, and nothing on the burlap wrap they carry her out in.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby CourtesyFlush » 10 Apr 2016, 12:55

Rodney Farva wrote:

i thought the guy who pronounced the appeal was denied did move aside a bit, probably to avoid the splatter.

dumb detail that bugged me, doe: she's bleeding out, but when the pick her body up there's no dripping or further flow, and nothing on the burlap wrap they carry her out in.

Ha, that's exactly the thing I noticed, RF.

Did Stan end up bugging Martha's apartment? Interesting how she doesn't have any pics of Clark/Philip up either.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 11 Apr 2016, 00:24

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

Ha, that's exactly the thing I noticed, RF.

Did Stan end up bugging Martha's apartment? Interesting how she doesn't have any pics of Clark/Philip up either.

i think she used to have a pic from their wedding but after he told her they couldn't use her apt anymore she must have hidden that and anything else somewhere outside the apartment
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 15 Apr 2016, 10:22

If only more of the significant others around this bored followed Elizabeth's example at the end of this episode, think of how empty that Bitches thread would be.

Trouble? Under PRESSURE?

bang it out baby
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Rodney Farva » 24 Apr 2016, 11:23

thought things were lagging this season. scientist dude is boring, too much of pastor tim brooding, nina and the joo scientist was a yawnfest. glad they got in a good episode, i kept waiting for martha to off herself or try to shoot someone.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 25 Apr 2016, 10:29

Rodney Farva wrote:thought things were lagging this season. scientist dude is boring, too much of pastor tim brooding, nina and the joo scientist was a yawnfest. glad they got in a good episode, i kept waiting for martha to off herself or try to shoot someone.

So Gabriel has to call someone else in to off Martha, right? She knows too much, seen too much, right?
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Rodney Farva » 25 Apr 2016, 11:59

Rodney Farva wrote:thought things were lagging this season. scientist dude is boring, too much of pastor tim brooding, nina and the joo scientist was a yawnfest. glad they got in a good episode, i kept waiting for martha to off herself or try to shoot someone.

So Gabriel has to call someone else in to off Martha, right? She knows too much, seen too much, right?

not that easy if they believe she's been compromised. they're in a bit of a pickle.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby CourtesyFlush » 29 Apr 2016, 06:45

Finally caught up after missing the last couple episodes prior to this week's. This week's ep with everyone in pursuit of Martha was fantastic--built the tension really well.

I seriously thought Martha was going to jump off the bridge

How different would this ep have been if there were cell phones available?

Still wondering what they're trying to accomplish with the kids--are they showing how they're going unsupervised?

For some reason I find the Russian chick working at the Rezidentura with Oleg attractive.

Not a fan of Stan's partner--I want to punch him in the mustache.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Frank the Tank » 05 May 2016, 11:03

Odd time to take a pause in the show. Had more of a season-finale feel to it than a "there's still five episodes left in the season" feel. I trust the writers here, but I'm really confused as to what this time jump is setting up.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Rodney Farva » 07 May 2016, 21:36

Rodney Farva
Your real father

PreviousNext

Return to TV