The Americans

The Americans

Postby God Shamgod » 06 Feb 2013, 11:38

I'm in. FX is on a roll.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Re: The Americans

Postby the cheese » 06 Feb 2013, 11:46

God Shamgod wrote:I'm in. FX is on a roll.

Word to your mother. I enjoyed the first episode a great deal and have established a season pass on the DVR. Kerry Russell, really pushing the envelope. I like it.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby God Shamgod » 06 Feb 2013, 11:52

the cheese wrote: Kerry Russell, really pushing the envelope. I like it.

Wish it was on HBO or Showtime so we could see her tits.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby the cheese » 06 Feb 2013, 12:15

God Shamgod wrote:
the cheese wrote: Kerry Russell, really pushing the envelope. I like it.

Wish it was on HBO or Showtime so we could see her tits.

You know she'd be down with that.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby the cheese » 08 Feb 2013, 08:48

Good ep. GOOD EP. Full season DVR pass not needed because the Cheese household is watching this in real-time.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 08 Feb 2013, 13:13

the cheese wrote:Good ep. GOOD EP. Full season DVR pass not needed because the Cheese household is watching this in real-time.

Yep, great shit plus Mags Bennett shows up next ep as their new KGB handler? Game on you capitalist dogs.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby IhateTomBrady » 10 Feb 2013, 20:36

This is a solid show so far. I don't care for the whiny teenage daughter subplot. It makes me feel old that Felicity has a 13 year old on this show
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Feb 2013, 08:24

i love their disguises. they're the worst right? "lets see...i haven't greased my hair and put on a pedo-stache yet, have i?"

every time the FBI guy is on screen, i think of the truman show.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Brick Tamland » 11 Feb 2013, 20:22

It's early, but so far this show gets an A+ from me. 80's Cold War spy crap is my favorite genre... adding Keri Russell is gravy. Love the low-tech tradecraft stuff, and it's interesting seeing our archenemies as the protagonists for a change. Plus I think was about the same age as the son in '81 so it's always fun for me to see that era from the adult perspective.
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 13 Feb 2013, 23:17

Kerri Russell: reformed mudshark

Oh Mags, you show up and bodies drop
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby JT99 » 14 Feb 2013, 11:13

Because they started in the same week, I am mentally comparing "The Americans" to "The Following" and, right now, Felicity and company are kicking Bacon's ass.

FBI looked fairly inept last night though. They still think that the Puerto Rican was leading the escape AND failed to chase down a guy on foot just because he ran through one door?

I ctazed at the thought of the half-Rican, half-Russian kid growing up in the motherland. Awkward.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 14 Feb 2013, 14:28

JT99 wrote:Because they started in the same week, I am mentally comparing "The Americans" to "The Following" and, right now, Felicity and company are kicking Bacon's ass.

FBI looked fairly inept last night though. They still think that the Puerto Rican was leading the escape AND failed to chase down a guy on foot just because he ran through one door?

I ctazed at the thought of the half-Rican, half-Russian kid growing up in the motherland. Awkward.

To be fair /jd a) now that they found her OD'd I'm sure they don't think she was leading the escape, especially since her baby's gotta be somewhere; b) they didn't see him run through that one door and it could have been any door, plus it was 2 light-skinned feds in the projects, The Wire showed us how this could go if they popped off at the mouf or anything.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 26 Feb 2013, 23:20

Mags fought at Stalingrad? 100% sure she's the reason the Soviets won and the Nazis lost WWII.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Feb 2013, 09:38

For those looking to possibly catch up on this show (like me), there's a marathon of all the episodes airing Friday night.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 27 Feb 2013, 13:22

Been a solid show so far. I like how last week's ep was built around Reagan's assassination attempt and the fallout from Alexander Haig's pronouncement that he was in charge. Pretty subtle (and humorous) moment in our history, but nice to get the KGB perspective of the events.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Next

Return to TV