Homeland

Re: Homeland

Postby nova » 08 Dec 2014, 15:54

Briandong79 wrote:
nova wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
nova wrote:Why haven't we seen Claire Danes' titties yet? I'm banking on there having been a botched boob job.

Doesn't seem like there's a hell of a lot there to see. But I am kinda surprised she hasn't shown them. In any case, gratuitous titties are definitely the only thing this show is missing. That ISI broad definitely needs to show us what she's got under there.

I'm not expecting Alexandra Daddarrio (Google Image Page; NSFW-ish) from True Detective titties here. Just something to whet the appetite. I feel like if I sat through Season 3, I deserve to see bush or tits.

http://www.egotastic.com/2007/07/claire-danes-ni/

Doesn't count. Has to be in the show. Preferably, reverse cowgirl. Is that too much to ask?
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby TheWolf » 09 Dec 2014, 10:12

God Shamgod wrote:Quinn about to go beast mode.

This should be fun. I enjoy angry Quinn.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 09 Dec 2014, 18:51

Liked the new episode, and am on record as saying I'm not too worried about the lack of realism But with the release of the CIA torture report, which details extensive collaboration between the ISI and the CIA, I just wanted to do a quick TAEK on why the Pakistani authorities would never poke the Americans in the eye as aggressively as they have on the show.

Basically, Pakistan is only a viable country if they are at peace with India or if their defense budget is subsidized by the west. Even with nuclear deterrence against India, their economy can't support a competitive military without regular bailouts from the US (not to mention from their fellow Moozlim Saudis and fellow India-hating Chinese). They need to rail against the US publicly to maintain any kind of legitimacy, and they feel the need to support extremist groups in Afghanistan to counter India, but they also can't completely alienate the US. This is especially true in the case of Afghani extremists who are now coming back to Pakistan and challenging the authority of the state. So in those situations, it is best for the Pakistani authorities to let the US fuck up all the Islamist militants, claim their national sovereignty was violated, but secretly be happy about it. No higher level ISI officer is going to let some rogue lower-level operative, let alone a fucking woman, cock up this delicate balance.

But like I said, fuck all that realism for the purposes of this show. It's about time Quinn dropped the "woe is me" Fallout Boy routine and did what he does best.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 09 Dec 2014, 22:03

This has been a fantastic season. I legit hate Pakistan now. :)

I'd be down with them eventually tailoring the show around Quinn.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby nova » 15 Dec 2014, 14:42

So, I'm confused. Dar Adal is in the car with the bad guy. If I'm undertsanding correctly, he's Peter Quinn's handler and an all around bad guy. Does that mean the Americans are in bed with the Taliban? Is he going to kill Haqqani? I FEEL LIKE THE WOLF RIGHT NOW AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Theny » 15 Dec 2014, 19:37

nova wrote:So, I'm confused. Dar Adal is in the car with the bad guy. If I'm undertsanding correctly, he's Peter Quinn's handler and an all around bad guy. Does that mean the Americans are in bed with the Taliban? Is he going to kill Haqqani? I FEEL LIKE THE WOLF RIGHT NOW AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!

Did you not watch next week's preview???? They basically explain what he's doing.

That ep was annoying. You knew what was gonna happen the whole time. Quinn is a fantastic character though.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby God Shamgod » 21 Dec 2014, 22:20

That sucked.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby nova » 23 Dec 2014, 09:14

God Shamgod wrote:That sucked.

This. What a horrendous end to an otherwise great season.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Magnum » 23 Dec 2014, 21:58

Very underwhelming. I was convinced Quinn's truck was going to explode or something. Nope.
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby Dthefritz » 23 Dec 2014, 23:49

That was more disappointing than when I found out F Murray Abraham was Syrian instead of Lebanese.

That would have been a solid first episode of next season...but I guess they needed to do their James Rebhorn tribute before his ghost started to haunt the studio.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby chrisco » 28 Dec 2014, 18:11

I binged my way through this last week whilst my wipe was in PK.

- This show is still shitty, but about 2x better than 24.

- I tuned out for season 3, but can't they just have a season where no one tries to KILL THE PRESIDENT, BLOW UP THE CIA, or MASSACRE AN EMBASSY. Jesus, you can make an interesting show without destroying everything you touch.

- What THENY said about Tasim. She is hot as fuck. Damn.

- The ending was fine with me, this show is not good and I am glad they finally dialed it back in a bit.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby NotAndyGreenwald » 21 Apr 2015, 12:31

season - decent, finale - laaaaaaaameest
mj3528 » 03 Dec 2015, 22:34 something rarely said, but NAG was right.

Gregs Kite - Yesterday, 20:56: Is NAG _ v2.0?
NotAndyGreenwald
Rocky Balboa

Postby God Shamgod » 12 Oct 2015, 17:09

Anyone still sticking with this? Not sure about the Snowden angle. Big fan of Quinn.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby chrisco » 12 Oct 2015, 17:13

God Shamgod wrote:Anyone still sticking with this? Not sure about the Snowden angle. Big fan of Quinn.

I'll watch after the season is over IF people say it was a good season.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby God Shamgod » 21 Dec 2015, 17:58

This season was ok.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

PreviousNext

Return to TV